Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Khayness
While it's a bit sad I'm not upset by the loss of the dice set.

I got an early access code as an apology, saying it will be active until the game launches. I guess I can keep all the in-game progress I've made once I upgrade it to the full edition when it comes out?

No, I am sorry. All the savegames are broken with every major game update. The reason for this is that the game balancing and important systems still undergo big changes (like spells getting added or removed, changing of how skill points affect the spells you can learn, changing the rules of how and when you can acquire talents and so on). So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Elwyn

So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll just keep the code lying around then, no point of teasing myself.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Elwyn

So, I am afraid your game progress will be lost one the game is updated and the savegames are definitely not compatible with the final release.

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll just keep the code lying around then, no point of teasing myself.

Its great for trying out diff char setups and learning the systems in the first town.. just don't quest or really do any dialoug.. call it a sneak peak.

veteran
veteran
While it's a bit sad I'm not upset by the loss of the dice set.

I got an early access code as an apology, saying it will be active until the game launches. I guess I can keep all the in-game progress I've made once I upgrade it to the full edition when it comes out?

No. Beta Saves will not be compatible with the full version.

addict
addict
nop, save games won't be compatible with the final version (at least that is what was stated)

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
journeyman
journeyman
I got the email about the dice and the Early Access code. I already have Early Access through my Kickstarter pledge, so can I give this Early Access code to a friend so he can try the game out? It does say it is just for Early Access, but I just want to be 100% sure I don't mess up anything by giving it to someone.

Support
Support

The email does say the key will be revoked on release, so like the kickstarter keys, it can be given to someone else.

addict
addict
I am really upset about it!! I would use them and i need new dices.

I am again very disappointed that Larian cant keep their promises. You are doing great games but you always say that there will be a cherry on top and then take away that cherry, that really sucks.

I know you are trying very hard but if you cant keep your promises, i dont know if i would support another game on kickstarter from you. If you hadn't told about things like the npc schedules and the dices i wouldnt care. But now i am just dissapointed.

Can you only make it official if you really know that you can keep your promise?

That would be far better for me. I dont really care about the money but breaking promises makes all your other promises less trustworthy.

addict
addict
I understand your disapointment. As being in my "rogue playlike" period, I was really looking forward the opportinities offered with the D/N schedule. And as a regular player of paper RPG, I was really excited about getting new dices (perhaps this 11th D20 would have be less jinxed thand the 10 previous ones...) and so again I am really disapointed.

However as said many times, Larian is a small studio with a small team with budget and managment issues that do not face the BIG studio. So I am more lenient with Larian than with other studio (let's take a recent example : Watch Dogs with its huge report, lack of news and poorest quality than advertised...)

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
U
stranger
stranger
U
I never owned a set of RPG dice before, this was going to be a first!

Though it is not a deal-breaker. But I'd rather prefer something else then an Early Access Key...for the reason I already own the Early Access game.

But let us see the release first, maybe afterwards they can devise some other way to make up for the RPG dice. I have confidence in Larian Studios.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Weird, I didn't get an email. Did only certain people get emails or should all backers (that backed into the appropriate tier) have received one?

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by X-tasy
I am really upset about it!! I would use them and i need new dices.

I am again very disappointed that Larian cant keep their promises. You are doing great games but you always say that there will be a cherry on top and then take away that cherry, that really sucks.

I know you are trying very hard but if you cant keep your promises, i dont know if i would support another game on kickstarter from you. If you hadn't told about things like the npc schedules and the dices i wouldnt care. But now i am just dissapointed.

Can you only make it official if you really know that you can keep your promise?

That would be far better for me. I dont really care about the money but breaking promises makes all your other promises less trustworthy.

Did you read what Lar wrote in this thread? I understand that it sucks, but I don't see how you can blame Larian for this.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon
Weird, I didn't get an email. Did only certain people get emails or should all backers (that backed into the appropriate tier) have received one?

Just people who order the CE through the Larian Vault got an email. The dice were not part of the CE during the kickstarter, so presumably it wouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone who backed for a tier with the CE (even if a little disappointing).

Raze #497148 28/05/14 06:46 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

Just people who order the CE through the Larian Vault got an email. The dice were not part of the CE during the kickstarter, so presumably it wouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone who backed for a tier with the CE (even if a little disappointing).

Unless you guys had some 5k or 10k backers on PayPal(which I'm guessing you didn't) then no backer was entitled to those dice via a pledge.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 28/05/14 06:47 PM.
Support
Support

That was a different set of dice.

Raze #497160 28/05/14 07:26 PM
veteran
veteran

That was a different set of dice.

No it wasn't...they are called "Bellegar's Dice" on the KS rewards sheet: http://www.larian.com/kickstarter/rewards_Matrix_Physical_big.jpg

Or are you saying that "Bellegar's Dice" is not the same thing as "Bellegar's RPG Dice".

Support
Support

The kickstarter Limited Edition Bellegar's Dice were metal. I assume the CE dice were not.

Someone did try to back 10k at the end of the Paypal period, but Larian didn't figure they could do the added content properly at the time, so they ended up refunding the pledge.

Raze #497164 28/05/14 07:36 PM
veteran
veteran

The kickstarter Limited Edition Bellegar's Dice were metal. I assume the CE dice were not.

Someone did try to back 10k at the end of the Paypal period, but Larian didn't figure they could do added content properly at the time, so they ended up refunding the pledge.

Since nobody is getting those dice and I imagine it wasn't feasible to do thousands of metal dice sets for the CEs the ones now gone from the CE were likely meant to be a direct replacement. Beyond that it's good to hear someone with sufficient wealth could appreciate the amazing work Larian does. I couldn't afford to give those kinds of money but good to know someone could. Unfortunate about being turned down but very honorable of Larian to say no rather than do a half-job.

But if anyone is that interested in RPG dice there are tons of awesome looking plastic RPG dice on Ammazon for under $10 USD and in the way of metal RPG dice a 10 second google search did turn up this: http://www.atomicempire.com/item.aspx?item=153866 though I have never had any dealings with that specific retailer so I can't speak on the quality of service they provide. Quite pricy the metal ones but awesome.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 28/05/14 07:45 PM.
stranger
stranger
When will you be contacting the rest of us. Still no email here.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by cryocore
When will you be contacting the rest of us. Still no email here.

I'm not 100% on this but I think they are only contacting those who bought the CE through the Larian vault. If you preordered it via another retailer you should be able to cancel your preorder through that retailer directly....though I wouldn't recommend it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard