Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Scordon
Originally Posted by Exca
Originally Posted by Scordon
I cannot open the lid of the sarcophagus in the crypt near the lighthouse

Don't know if it's your pb but a certain amount of force is required for that I think

hmm... i tried it with all my characters, even trying to force it open... i always hear the sound of stone grinding on stone, but nothing happens. no textual indication of something happening either. only the gears when i hover over it, to show me that i should be able to interact with it.

I think you need a 9 or 10 strength to open it? Don't quote me on that. What's your highest strength character (probably Madora)?

old hand
old hand
There is a potion of strength right there on the shelf....

Speaking of that very location, if you try to loot the box at the upper right corner, the character walks right into it and gets stuck. Fortunately exiting the room while everyone are chained together solves the problem.

Though it doesnt change how that box malfunctions since that remains the same and happens again everytime you try it.

- tried making honey at that small hut place.
Cant do it. Same as all other crafting problems reported so far. Cant pickup honey pots - i pick them up but when character moves the honey pots appear back on the ground - empty jars remain unchanged in inventory all that time.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Metixen
i have a game-breaking issue.

i started a new game and did the turorial. one of my characters died in the fire even if i used all barrels to put it out (it is really too strong!), i resurrected him, he died again, i resurrected him again, he died in the fire again and then i was out of scrolls. (each character started with 1 scroll.)

i decided to go on with just one character but unfortunatelly there is one place in the tutorial where you cant put a crate or something else on the press plate to open the door. its not the first encounter with the press plates, but the second.

i have to leave the tutorial or start a new game, because i cant go on now.

Technically I believe you would just leave the cave at that point, go to town and can comeback, rez, continue.

I set QuickSaves to 25 and save a lot.

But I do understand your predicament. But I suppose this could happen at other places in the game if you run out or Rez's. As long as you can leave, get to a vendor and return, it could be by design.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 29/05/14 04:47 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
nevermind guys... i tried to open the sarcophagus by clicking on it... didn't even think about telekinesis ^^ sry wink (I did search the forums before though, couldnt find anything about it, which made me think it had to be a bug :/)

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
i have a game-breaking issue.

i started a new game and did the turorial. one of my characters died in the fire even if i used all barrels to put it out (it is really too strong!), i resurrected him, he died again, i resurrected him again, he died in the fire again and then i was out of scrolls. (each character started with 1 scroll.)

i decided to go on with just one character but unfortunatelly there is one place in the tutorial where you cant put a crate or something else on the press plate to open the door. its not the first encounter with the press plates, but the second.

i have to leave the tutorial or start a new game, because i cant go on now.

Technically I believe you would just leave the cave at that point, go to town and can comeback, rez, continue.

I set QuickSaves to 25 and save a lot.

But I do understand your predicament. But I suppose this could happen at other places in the game if you run out or Rez's. As long as you can leave, get to a vendor and return, it could be by design.

Just my opinion, but my thinking is that (tutorial dungeon or not) if you die frequently and run out of rez scrolls before completing a dungeon, it's probably expected that you would just leave the way you came in rather than trying to push forward.

That particular pressure plate puzzle seems to intentionally require both characters to be available to continue. That said, the developers have made comments in the past that lead me to believe it is weight triggered rather than requiring a characters presence, and it may just be a matter of getting enough weight on it. I tried 2 boxes the first time I went through, but that is only 10 lbs (I think). Maybe stacking dozens of barrels crates is enough to do it?

M
stranger
stranger
M
i think, LEADERSHIP is somehow buggy.

it would be nice if the highest leadership skill would "count". i have one character with 1 point in leadership and the other with 4 points. somehow the half of my grp has leadership 1 and the other leadership 4.

also on leadership 4 it says it would increase also armor, but it doesnt. but one of my character has increased willpower by 1, which should come from leadership on level 5, what i dont have right now.

[Linked Image]

stranger
stranger
Sitting on stools and chairs no longer heals, tho beds still work. Crafting is badly borken. No cookie for the regression testers! frown

W
stranger
stranger
W
(Mac version)
Had a crash while dragging candles into inventory. Also, hitting "Reopen" in the crash report window will cause the game to reopen and immediately crash. I'll upload the crash reports once I can consistently reproduce the dragging candle one.

EDIT:Crash reports. The 4:21 one is the reopen crash, the rest are caused by dragging a candle from the game world to a spot in your inventory with another item. This is really easy to repro.

Last edited by wdarkk; 29/05/14 08:27 PM.
veteran
veteran
After recruiting my companions, the AI personalities don't seem to kick in and I have to answer for both of them again.

journeyman
journeyman
I just found an odd ball glitch...just strip down Madora and she should be wearing some underwear but instead u see some see through censor like bars acting as underwear...

Will continue to see if I can find any other odd ball bugs on my end...

Last edited by Minchi1983; 29/05/14 09:58 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
The very first trap in the tutorial dungeon did not explode when Roderick (standard wayfarer) was shooting it with the bow - although it worked in previous versions. Now, I am not sure whether this is a bug or just my inability to shoot precisely but I thought I mention it just in case.

As a sidenote: I like the changes to the tutorial dungeon. However, there is one thing which struck me as illogical. In the dungeon you keep going east the whole time - however on the world map you end up to the west of the original entrance. Not a big deal, but maybe the exit door could be moved somewhere to the east of the entrance door? (Just to make the three space dimensions match again...)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elwyn
As a sidenote: I like the changes to the tutorial dungeon. However, there is one thing which struck me as illogical. In the dungeon you keep going east the whole time - however on the world map you end up to the west of the original entrance. Not a big deal, but maybe the exit door could be moved somewhere to the east of the entrance door? (Just to make the three space dimensions match again...)

Apparently the Cyseal map is really crowded, and things need to be laid out just so or else they won't fit. Just assume that there were some twists and turns or something and we're facing the other way now. Imagination!

E
stranger
stranger
E

also on leadership 4 it says it would increase also armor, but it doesnt. but one of my character has increased willpower by 1, which should come from leadership on level 5, what i dont have right now.

That 1 willpower comes from the obedient trait this character has

C
C
When converting knives to daggers, the knife doesn't disappear and the dagger that shows up in your inventory can't be interacted with at all.

Correction: you can interact with it to craft teeth and wood, etc. You just can't equip it, drop it, etc. I can't eat a carrot I picked up and would suggest rolling back to the previous patch if possible. This patch hasn't been tested enough. It's this type of thing that will cause the Steam forums to combust.

Last edited by crpgnut; 30/05/14 01:24 AM.

'nut
old hand
old hand
Of all crafting that has bugged out, atleast making your own potions inside inventory still works.

Zombies are now damaged by health spells and healed by poison. Yet the boar zombies and their gang heal eachother with regular healing spells. They should be using some poison spells for that.
They also heal from poison they spread around themselves.

NPCs generally take too many hits and damage before going on defensive and starting combat. Some take even four to five hits before they decide they had enough.
I think they should take two at the most. First one can be a mistake, but second one certainly isnt.

Im noticing reduction in damage from fire during combat to some reasonable levels.
Seems that resistances now work and affect that.

The fiery deaths in the tutorial are as quick as they use to be before, mostly because it is real time and we have no resistances at that point. I think some potions with fire res can be found but everyone are instinctively saving those.

Still, the main problem there is that water from barrels doesnt extinguish the fire on the ground completely, leaving various patches to burn, some still visible, some not.

stranger
stranger
-Can't start a multiplayer game.
I start a new game, go to the char selection screen, my friend joins, we edit our chars, laugh a lot. Everything fine till there. When we both accept the changes and start playing, we skip the cinematic and game crashes. Haven't tried yet not skipping the cinematic. We tried changing some other stuff in the process so the problem could be the skip or just trying to play multiplayer by the very beginning.
I could solve this by starting a multiplayer game, editing by myself both chars, and my friend joining when i'm in the beach already.

-Sometimes after loading a saved game (despite the progress in the game), the pop-up messages start appearing again when it comes to it.
The welcome message when load is complete, the inventory message when picking up an item, the bartering message when talking to a NPC, etc. It's really anoying.

-I also found some crafting bugs. When converting knives to daggers, when cooking, when filling bottles, mugs or buckets whit water, all the same that's described above. Also a convenient bug when creating a spear: the spear actually got created, i could equip it and use it, but conserved the dagger.

-Regarding the fire path in the tutorial dungeon, i think the water barrels should be removed and it should be a clearer hint about using the rain scroll. Or, at least, a hint about the remaining fire after using the barrels that will burn you if you step on it (that would be something to bear in mind when you are in the burial grounds).

old hand
old hand
I would prefer they fix the water instead. And make it extinguish the fire completely, as water does.
Its not napalm we are dealing with in the game. Lava is specific enough.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Hiver
The fiery deaths in the tutorial are as quick as they use to be before, mostly because it is real time.."

Yep.

Not even two seconds of real time, actually. Faster than any player is going to be able to react and act to save their character.

Elements doing damage in real-time is a problem.

R
stranger
stranger
R
The Kelvania? woman in the Cyseal market reacts as if you have men in your party even though I did not (was running a party of two females). She also (sometimes) gives a positive response if you have Jahan in your party - I'm not sure if this is intended.

Attacking the Graveyard Madman in the cemetery below the church BEFORE he initiates conversation does not trigger his horde of Exploskeletons.
Judging by the fact that you bothered to script that I think it should.

The Tong in Arhu's study on the table seems to be standing upright (which is a very odd position). It should probably be lying down on the desk with the rest of the tools. And it should be renamed to "Tongs" since that's the name of the tool.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by crpgnut
When converting knives to daggers, the knife doesn't disappear and the dagger that shows up in your inventory can't be interacted with at all.

I believe most of these issues are due to new tooltips, the way they are presented and some of them got messed.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard