Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Support
Support

As you've no doubt figured out, previous saves are not compatible with this update (the 1.0.80 update disabled older saves).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ChokingOnRage
I just downloaded the latest update 1.0.79. Now it crashes when I try to load a previous save. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Yes. Do not load an old save. Start a new game. It's a bug that you were able to load old games in the first place.

Sorry, but that's how beta testing goes. Saved games are deliberately made incompatible to avoid corrupting of old saved games and reporting of old bugs into new versions which may have since corrected the bug.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Any news on when that whole "game hang on saves" things will be looked at? I don't think many people have it but I've seen other people post about it, so I know I'm not the only one. Super frustrating when your dying to help test the game you paid to get in the early access for and you can't because you have a game breaking bug that stops all progress. I've just been sitting here for 2 patches sitting on my hands, and I cant even get a "hey were looking into it". I've spent 20 hours on the game already but I cant get past getting to town and collecting all the quests, but by god I'm getting good at killing those guards on the bridge.

R
stranger
stranger
R
I can't start the game through the Steam client. It gives me a "Failed to start game (unknown error)." message. Had it under the previous version as well. However, I can start the game from the game directory directly just fine. Steam overlay works, game performs fine.

The SupportTool.exe file is likely the culprit since it does not start at all but gives the following error: http://i.imgur.com/uJusCGP.png?1

I have no idea how to fix it since verifying the game files through steam doesn't download any new files and the error happily occurs again.

Support
Support

What is the error? I just get an error trying to view the screenshot.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

R
stranger
stranger
R
The error window says "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Support
Support

I was thinking it could be a server error, which someone else had, that resulted in kind of a similar situation.

Could your firewall or anti-virus program be causing a conflict?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by KAOChosen
Any news on when that whole "game hang on saves" things will be looked at? I don't think many people have it but I've seen other people post about it, so I know I'm not the only one. Super frustrating when your dying to help test the game you paid to get in the early access for and you can't because you have a game breaking bug that stops all progress. I've just been sitting here for 2 patches sitting on my hands, and I cant even get a "hey were looking into it". I've spent 20 hours on the game already but I cant get past getting to town and collecting all the quests, but by god I'm getting good at killing those guards on the bridge.

It's not a bug at all. It's intended to break old saves with new build so people actually test new builds rather than playing old ones.

You just start again. This is beta afterall.

Support
Support

There is an issue that a few people have run into on 32 bit Windows where the game hangs trying to save (either all the time or after several successful saves). It is being looked at, and should be addressed as various game optimizations are done (particularly memory usage).

C
stranger
stranger
C
I am having the exact same issue that Nightwolfe, mentioned above, is having.
"The files of mod 'Main' and/or its dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt files or some files may have been changed. You wont be able to play this mod in multiplayer."
I can't play multiplayer.
Moreover, when I chain my characters together they will not move as a unit. I have to manually move each character, which makes things pretty clunky.
Interestingly, when I verify integrity of game cache it says one file is corrupt or missing and downloads the file. If I do this *again* it says everything is good to go. When I start the game, I have the same issue. So then I RE-RE-verify, and it again claims one file is corrupt and redownloads.
I have tried the fixes that Raze mentioned to no avail.
Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Cultweave; 30/05/14 03:24 PM. Reason: more detail
Support
Support

I posted a couple suggestions in your separate topic

The 'corrupt' file may be a configuration file, or something that is system dependent.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Game crashes on my mac during tutorial shortly after sneaking component. It was working fine before the update.

DOS_MAC_ISSUE.txt

Last edited by henway; 30/05/14 10:47 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello there!

i hope you'll be able to help me! I've just bought the game and I've really enjoyed it so far though I have some Fps problems.. I have a very good computer and the auto-detection put my settings in Ultra, yet, I have some fps problem when i move the camera, cast spells in combat and such! I've tried to put the settings to low but it changes nothing at all..

I was wondering if it was normal, perhaps because it is still a beta? A friend with a bad computer has very few problems with that..

I hope you'll be able to help me a bit!..
All my drivers are up to date, of course!

Though, here is my config:

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
AMD FX-6300 Cadencé à 3.50 GHz
8 go memory

B
stranger
stranger
B
Plz help me with my trouble.

When I try to save or autosave any game (I mean in single or multiplayer). The game is not responding... What i have to do to solve this problem?

Thx a lot.

Support
Support

Do you have a 32 bit version of Windows? I'm not sure there is much that can be done, other than make sure you shut down all non-essential programs (anti-virus, etc) to free up as much memory as possible.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm using Windows 7 64 bits, so not 32 bit version, i've also tried to shut down as many program as possible but nothing changed.
I'll certainly give it a try again though.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Upon saving, the game hangs. This happens with autosaves and manual saves. I've tried leaving it for 10min, but it continues to say "saving" and nothing else happens.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Posted on forum a couple posts above this one. Just realized that my game is only crashing when I try and use the haste ability on my rogue. I tried it multiple times and each time it would crash the game. This is for MAC by the way.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I could not find my issue anywhere on this forum, so here goes.
When trying to start the game on my Mac, I get the following message:

"Divinity Original Sin can not run from disk image. Please copy it to your disk drive and run from there."

With the previous version, I was able to play (frequent crashes aside wink.

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Cheers

veteran
veteran
I think I heard about this one: You can't run Steam-protected executables directly on a Mac, you have to run them through Steam. Is that what you're trying to do?

Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard