Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
stranger
stranger
E
There's a possible XP exploit in the tunnel under Cyseal. It's not new but forgot to report it before:
You can kill the 3 summons that appear at the beginning of the fight with the Skeletal Scorcher, then run away from fight without killing him.
When you come back to him, his 3 allies reappear. It's only 3x130 XP each round, but I've managed to get 1.5 level that way, not sure how long we can do it, it's too boring for me to test further.
All I can say is that it lasts much longer than the summons of the idole behind the fire twins that end one day or another (with that one, I went from early lvl8 to 9.5 before this patch).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Exca
There's a possible XP exploit in the tunnel under Cyseal. It's not new but forgot to report it before:
You can kill the 3 summons that appear at the beginning of the fight with the Skeletal Scorcher, then run away from fight without killing him.
When you come back to him, his 3 allies reappear. It's only 3x130 XP each round, but I've managed to get 1.5 level that way, not sure how long we can do it, it's too boring for me to test further.
All I can say is that it lasts much longer than the summons of the idole behind the fire twins that end one day or another (with that one, I went from early lvl8 to 9.5 before this patch).

I can confirm this one.

I was trying to get my Wizard and Wayfarer combo to Level 3 before hiring companions, so I took this fight on. I killed everything else, but my fire mage was worthless and my Wayfarer couldn't hope to outdo the healing of the Skeletal Scorcher's burning sensation, so I made use of the Escape button. When I came back with Jahan and Madora, everything in that fight respawned.

veteran
veteran
- Combining a Debuff Perception potion with an arrowhead creates a Debuff Perception Arrow and not an arrowhead. It also doesn't show up under any tab except All, when other magical arrows show up under Magical.

- Same thing with a Debuff Constitution arrow, and probably others.

- Roderick was caught in the blast from a poisoncloud arrow and poisoned. When his turn came up he died, but his health bar was still shown at halfway - it didn't update properly.

- UI Bug: I set my array of magic arrows onto skillbar 3, but when I moused over them, the AP cost preview showed the cost for the things on skillbar ONE. It was only clicking on them which showed the actual cost.

- Silver Arrow is listed as showing a penalty of "0" armour for 3 rounds.

- I can confirm that crafting is partially broken. I dragged a stack of three empty honey jars onto a beehive. It created a honey jar without consuming one of the empty jars in the inventory. I did this for a few minutes, until I realized that while I got the animation and sound for picking them up, nothing was appearing in my inventory. They were fake Honey Jars.

Last edited by Stabbey; 30/05/14 01:31 PM. Reason: bugs
old hand
old hand
One small buggy effect is happening again.

When you finish with some battle and move your characters away from that place, then command them to run back to it - but pull the camera to it before they actually come back there, you can see various magic effects firing off over that place of battle, as if someone was still alive there. Its mostly healing spells animations and effect that appear in the thin air above all the dead and any environmental effects still left - although some other can be seen too.

This happens with every battle or fight location, especially any larger ones with more enemy remains left.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
About loot :

I don't know if it's intended or a bug but I'm at level 5 and I only got one useless amulet, one useless belt and no ring. There are none to buy from the merchants as well.

The belt gives nothing ( no armor, no bonus ) and is said to be level 8 ! Is it a joke ?

The amulet required to be identified and surprise : it does nothing but it is unbreakable !

About pickable items :

There are still a lot of objects that can be picked only by using the Alt key and click on the name. One example is the key in the tub in Esmeralda's house.

About burning/poisoning :

The fact that characters stay in place at the end of combat is a good thing but we still have the issue of effects being way too quick in real time mode.
Also there is the issue with invisible surfaces. ( after rain spell )

A suggestion : would it be possible to highlight the surfaces when using the Alt key ?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Exca

And that's why summons (and re-animated foes) shouldn't grant XP wink

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gyson
Yep.

Not even two seconds of real time, actually. Faster than any player is going to be able to react and act to save their character.

Yep I've been thinking of Macro's F1-F4 with Heal Potion Hotkey.

To note I generally play the game at 1.75x speed, so it's even tougher for me, but I've brought that one in myself. smile

Last edited by Horrorscope; 30/05/14 06:45 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by wdarkk
(Mac version)
Had a crash while dragging candles into inventory. Also, hitting "Reopen" in the crash report window will cause the game to reopen and immediately crash. I'll upload the crash reports once I can consistently reproduce the dragging candle one.

EDIT:Crash reports. The 4:21 one is the reopen crash, the rest are caused by dragging a candle from the game world to a spot in your inventory with another item. This is really easy to repro.

Talking to Stabbey the candle bug seems to be a mac-specific thing. It doesn't happen 100% of the time but will happen pretty fast. Another Crash Report

old hand
old hand
Headless quest

Quest with the head can be done in one single way only. by taking two specific steps and they have to be done in specific order. talking to Lilian and then convincing the crier to start working for the other guy.

I cant take the head in any other way, cant steal it, cant lift it, cant teleport it - and cannot take it even if all things are done correctly with the hired crier - if i didnt talk to Lilian in the BC first.
In fact, if i do the competition quest first and talk the hired crier into working for the other guy before talking to Lilian - the quest becomes unsolvable. Because in that case i cannot interact with the head in any way anymore.

That should be fixed so i dont have to do these two steps in that specific order - and there should be other ways to complete it. Atleast by stealing the head (sneak, teleport, invisibility, freezing the "owner" etc) - without talking to Lilian first.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Five Star Diner perk bonuses are not displayed correctly when moving the mouse over the status icon which indicates the bonuses are in effect after consuming food.

Default values show up instead of the ones boosted by the perk. The character screen registers the bonuses just fine.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I was trying to get my Wizard and Wayfarer combo to Level 3 before hiring companions, so I took this fight on.

And that is why I want companions to start at level 1 or 2. Right now they scale up to your level when you hire them, but they don't scale down to your level. So.. why not just start them at lower level so people aren't feeling like they have to find creative ways to level up before expanding the team?

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I turned off a candle in Arhu's room and he killed me. I mean straight out jedi-lightning one of my characters dead, ran across the room over to my other character and beat on him several times - all during his "turn".

Is that supposed to happen?

W
stranger
stranger
W
One of the loading screen tips has problems displaying what keys it's referring to:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264945964

B
stranger
stranger
B
ok BUG REPORT TIME <3

All bugs reported with the host saved file on Windows 8.1 and the friend connecting to me using mac OSX Mountain Lion.

Some of these bugs are GAME BREAKING. Please read smile

Multiplayer Bugs:
-When loading a save file from a previous multiplayer game you CANNOT invite a friend from steam. The join game is greyed out on the steam layout and the invite player to game is greyed out. (Workaround - start a NEW multiplayer game, invite a friend during character creation and start the game. After new game starts load your old saved multiplayer file. From this point on you may invite your friend at any point in time the buttons will not be greyed out.) REPRODUCIBLE

-In the black cove there is a Crab boss which spawns two mini crabs. After summoning the two crabs on his second tuen he then uses the skill called 'Wildfire' which proceeds to kick my friend from the game every time we try. After this happens whenever i invite my friend back into the game he will get kicked immediately. We have to reload from a previous save and avoid the area, or somehow one-shot the boss so he does not cast the ability 'Wildfire'. REPRODUCIBLE

-When panning the screen from a high loction on the map say...at the top of the steps in town of Ceicel, if you move your character down the steps to the shore sometimes the screen camera view will still be at the height of the top of the castle where you were before so your character appears very small and you are overlooking a large part of the map and you cant zoom back in. I also saw this happen when going into the cave to fight the undead killing machine the fabulous five send you to kill. (Workaround - hit F5 to auto save and the camera will auto adjust and zoom back onto your character at normal viewing height. REPRODUCIBLE

-At random times when creating a new multiplayer game, 1 of the characters screens will be completely black. The map, skill bar (with no skills), and character portraits will be visible but the map itself is black. It appears as though you may move around and fire abilities but you have no idea what you are doing. This also happens randomly when inviting a friend to an existing multiplayer game. REPRODUCIBLE (with a bit of luck)

-In the market square between the Fletcher shop and the tent below. If standing close enough to side of the wall one of our characters will get auto teleported into the room with the two sick men in bed (Steven and Boris) and get directly pulled into a conversation with evelyn. After the conversation is done the character will be back by the side of the house in the market steet like nothing ever happend. Unable to Reproduce.

-In town there is a small fence with a sheep and a digable grave site. If both of your characters are present you will initiate a conversation about the grave and you can decide to dig it with your shovel or not. Your source hunters after all! HOWEVER, if during multiplayer your friend is roaming some part of the world and you want to dig that grave site by yourself you will get stuck in a one sided conversation with yourself. you their is no way to end the conversation and you cant move or leave. Having your friends character walk up to you and try to talk to you during this will do nothing. You must reload an old save file. Have not tried to reproduce.

Please let me know if this was helpful. I love this game so far and will continue posting bugs when i see them. I am a developer myself so i know how frustrating it is when testers find your mistakes wink But GL get it fixed!!! Looking forward to the finished product.

-Bucki

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by wdarkk
One of the loading screen tips has problems displaying what keys it's referring to:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=264945964

You're running the Mac version, yes? I recall seeing that screen on the PC, except for me, the directions were correct not broken.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did the burning ship quest from the beach outside the gate. Waited until the three townies were involved, and everybody stopped bailing when the rain started.

Once I'm in town, the three stranded sailors, Pablo, and the three townsmen just inside the gate are all replaced by red silhouettes whenever they're in full visibility. As they start to fade out into the distance, they return to normal display.

Conversation does not change this.

Marv and the sailor he's talking to, and everyone else deeper in town appear normal.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Bucki
Please let me know if this was helpful.

It was, thank you.

BTW Camera height doesn't automatically adjust if it is not locked onto the lead character. Double clicking the lead character's portrait, clicking and holding to move, switching leaders, the Home key (don't know what the equivalent Mac key is), starting a conversation, etc, will re-centre the camera and adjust the height.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Have encountered several bugs in the latest build:

"Crafting", to include cooking, creating ingredients, etc:
- Cooking pizza, potatoes, fish, and other items causes an un-clickable result to appear in inventory, and the raw ingredients are not deleted from inventory. For example, cooking pizza dough creates a pizza you can't click, and the dough remains in inventory.
- Crushing bones, skulls, etc., to create bone dust causes the object to be crushed, but no result appears in inventory, effectively destroying the item for no purpose.
- A full cup or container of water can be combined with flour to create dough, but the container can not be refilled. Attempting to refill at a water barrel causes a full container to appear on the map, but clicking that object does not put it into inventory, and the empty container is not removed from inventory to put the filled version on the map. You can stack "infinite" filled containers on the map that you can't pick up this way.

"Invisible" fire:
- Fires can be visibly extinguished with rain or broken water barrels, but will still damage characters if they walk over the area even minutes later. This happens in the tutorial, and again when encountering the "scorcher" in the tunnels under the cemetery.
- Characters killed by "invisible" fires can not be resurrected. Since these "invisible" fires can not be extinguished with water or rain, using a resurrection scroll results in the character immediately catching on fire and instantly dieing again, even if attempts are made to wet down the area they died in.

Severe Fire Damage = "insta-kill characters"
- Fires burn characters so severely that they die before healing can be administered.
- - This is compounded when a warning appears that your character is low on health; normally the character dies before you can clear the warning to do anything about it.

"Invisible" foes from ooze or oil:
- Undead wallowing in ooze puddles, and other foes in spell-drawn oil fields occasionally report as "invisible" preventing them from being attacked until the ooze or oil is destroyed.

Game-Breaker: "Invisible" Fires + 2-person barrier in tutorial dungeon:
- When a character dies from the "invisible" fires in the tutorial, they can not be resurrected (see above) because the "invisible" file immediately burns them to death again. Since the large fire trap to teach characters to use rain or water barrels occurs before the new barrier that requires separating the two characters to step on the pressure pads and open the individual doors, there is no way to proceed beyond that point. You must quit and re-start the game to continue.

~~~~~~~~~
We grow not old, so long as we continue to chase our dreams
Support
Support

You can move a party member's body with the Teleportation spell, if you have it. Later in the game you will get teleporter pyramids with will give you another couple options to move bodies.

You can backtrack in the tutorial dungeon and go out the entrance, if you don't have any saves to reload, though it may be easier to restart than to get somewhere that you can buy another resurrect scroll.

old hand
old hand
Headless quest correction:

You can finish it if you did the two steps in incorrect order, by convincing the crier to work for the other showman before you talked to Lillian BUT, to actually talk to the head in that case you need Strenght of 11. It cannot be done with strength of 9. I didnt have anyone with str 10 to check, but it works with 11. (which doesnt make any sense, of course)

Which makes it finishable but not in the best or proper manner, for an RPG sub-quest.

The rest of the problems with it mentioned above remain.
(plus the loot is very low quality which, considering those are ghosts and the amount of traveling you need to do should be better. how about nick gives you unique treasure map? - but if you leave him where he is he gives you ... increase in lore by 1 point?)

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard