Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stranger
stranger
For those who preordered a CE on the LarianVault, Larian offers a steam early access key :
"As a small token of our thanks for your pre-order and by way of apology, we offer a free Steam Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin to all of our customers who pre-purchased the Collector's Edition. "
Can we imagine a key for those who preordered a CE on other websites like Amazon for example ?
The email sent to Larianvault's buyers talks about "a free Steam Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin to all of our customers who pre-purchased the Collector's Edition."

Last edited by poiro; 30/05/14 10:33 AM.
I think the CE has already much more value in it than it costs now, even if the dices won't be in. If you just check on the actual price of the game on steam, and the CE has 2 keys and lots of additional content.
If someone wants to wait with the CE to buy, it can be actually even cheaper after some months, but there is a chance that it will be out of stock if Gamestar and such 'zines share their tests with good enough ratings...

Last edited by Endre; 30/05/14 11:23 AM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
addict
addict
special D:OS RPG dice (available separately after launch via the larian vault) would be awesome! shut up, take my money and give me my dice lready! ;-) grin

Last edited by 4verse; 30/05/14 07:49 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 4verse
special D:OS RPG dice (available separately after launch via the larian vault) would be awesome! shut up, take my money and give me my dice lready! ;-) grin

They'd likely be a lot more expensive even if they did happen that way. Mass orders have a significantly lower price per set than buying enough to satisfy the demand for just dice separately. I suppose I could be wrong but I haven't seen many people at all express much disappointment over the loss of the dice....obviously Larian will make their own assessment on this but I don't see it happening. If you really want an awesome set of RPG dice with pouch they're too easy to find on Amazon and other online retailers. The only real hing you'd lose would be the Larian logo on the pouch of the dice.

addict
addict
it won't happen, they just cancel their order

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by 4verse

They'd likely be a lot more expensive even if they did happen that way. Mass orders have a significantly lower price per set than buying enough to satisfy the demand for just dice separately. I suppose I could be wrong but I haven't seen many people at all express much disappointment over the loss of the dice....obviously Larian will make their own assessment on this but I don't see it happening. If you really want an awesome set of RPG dice with pouch they're too easy to find on Amazon and other online retailers. The only real hing you'd lose would be the Larian logo on the pouch of the dice.

yeah, probably.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
Well, they can still mass-order the dice on the same quantity and price most likely.

The only problem then would be; is there enough of a market for so many dice, or is a majority of them going to take up storage space (read: money).

apprentice
apprentice
If you are removing the Dice just replace it with another in game item.

A non combat pet or something ?

Last edited by Neversober; 03/06/14 04:04 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Neversober

They don't have time. The game is too close to release....less than three weeks actually. And they still have to sort out regional age ratings, fixing bugs and polishing the game for release as well as get the game up for preorder on other digital retailers besides Steam. Not to mention that thee CEs are being manufactured as we speak and will soon be distributed to retailers so no more changes can be made at this point regardless.

A
A
I was looking forward to that dice set. Actually it was the thing that got me over the edge for the physical collector's edition.

A well, as long as the cards are still in it. The card set is still in it, right?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

They don't have time. The game is too close to release....less than three weeks actually. And they still have to sort out regional age ratings, fixing bugs and polishing the game for release as well as get the game up for preorder on other digital retailers besides Steam. Not to mention that thee CEs are being manufactured as we speak and will soon be distributed to retailers so no more changes can be made at this point regardless.

I don't know why they didn't just replace the dice with the in-game Engraving Tool. Like the trunks which are included in the CE, they already have it available to Kickstarter backers.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T

I think this would still be a nice gesture down the track. I ordered from a third party supplier based upon the box contents shown on Larian's main page. It was still showing the dice in the box when I ordered even though I found out later they had already been cancelled.

Since I didn't order from Larian I didn't get the 'free' early access - so something digital as a gesture to make up for the false advertisement on the front page of their site would be nice.

Gaming dinosaur!!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard