Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#498093 03/06/14 09:00 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I hope the CE isn't going to be a regular sized PC Game Box.
For the money we have forked over for it I hope its something special.
I really want to see something fancy.

veteran
veteran
Size wise it's got to be bigger than the average PC game sized box I imagine because it's still got a lot of physical goodies in there. As for being special, hard to say, it'd be nice if it's something special but I wouldn't be particularly worried if it's not....it's the contents that count.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I always buy the CE when its available, I have got quite the collection of CEs in my man cave.
I have got some very nice ones for less than its cost to purchase this CE.
The contents do matter the most but its nice to show off a nice looking CE on your shelf.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Neversober
I always buy the CE when its available, I have got quite the collection of CEs in my man cave.
I have got some very nice ones for less than its cost to purchase this CE.
The contents do matter the most but its nice to show off a nice looking CE on your shelf.

I kind of pick and choose, I buy a lot of CEs but I don't get the CE of every game I get. I have to move and travel a lot so I don't get physical CEs unless it's a game that I consider absolutely special. I am getting the physical CE for D:OS and lots more from my KS pledge but my main focus was and is to help Larian as much as I can, it's insanely difficult to run an independent development studio and stay independent and it's much harder for them to become a big name without selling their souls to publishers(like BioWare sold their souls to EA) but I very much hope they meet the kind of success CDPR has met and they can become a huge independent name too.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I missed out on kickstarter, didn't have much money at the time due to being laid off :P
I really wanted to donate to this great company.

veteran
veteran
I missed out on kickstarter, didn't have much money at the time due to being laid off :P

Tough times, I certainly understand, but you are still doing a very good thing for them buy buying SEA and the physical CE.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Tough times, I certainly understand, but you are still doing a very good thing for them buy buying SEA and the physical CE.

Yeah and I already own the game on Steam.
I will have to create a second Steam account too add the CE I guess.
Or hope that there is some sort of upgrade that can be done to those of us that purchased the game prior to the CE being available.

veteran
veteran
The upgrade option is back up on steam now for $10 and you don't need to create a second account because you can use your CE DLC code on your existing account and it should work just fine with your SEA copy of the game.....so you don't have to buy the upgrade option. Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 03/06/14 09:59 PM.
addict
addict
well about CE, it really depends, I am really happy of Diablo 3 CE but the CE of its extension sucks soooooo much !!
Goodies are more important to me than the digital content. Basically the "standard" CE proposed during the kickstarter campaign did not really please me but the CE they announced was awesome !! too bad they could not make the dices in the end... big loss IMO

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
well about CE, it really depends, I am really happy of Diablo 3 CE but the CE of its extension sucks soooooo much !!
Goodies are more important to me than the digital content. Basically the "standard" CE proposed during the kickstarter campaign did not really please me but the CE they announced was awesome !! too bad they could not make the dices in the end... big loss IMO

I never bought Diablo III, at first I was highly suspicious of stupid DRM....fears they unfortunately more than justified and continue to refuse to fix...then things got extremely ugly with the in game marketplace(which they eventually fixed) so I said screw it if need be I'll never play it and that will be that. Once they announced the 360/PS3 versions without the demented online requirement I decided I'd buy it for the PS3 but before it came out on PS3 the expansion was out(which would not be included in the PS3/360 version) so that pissed me off and they announced the complete Ultimate Evil edition for the PS4 so I saw it as completely senseless to buy the PS3 version and Blizzard had screwed every single person that ever bough the game up to that point so sure as hell I was not inclined to be generous or supportive. Now I'm looking to buy the PS4 version when it comes out but we'll see.

addict
addict
well Blizzard marketing is fuckin' shitty since 2008 and so is the quality service since 2008 (WotLK and casualisation of WoW, devlopment of SC2) funny thing is that very same year Activision bought Blizzard... it is not like Activision were use to screw their games but still sell them because they are BIG licences...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
well Blizzard marketing is fuckin' shitty since 2008 and so is the quality service since 2008 (WotLK and casualisation of WoW, devlopment of SC2) funny thing is that very same year Activision bought Blizzard... it is not like Activision were use to screw their games but still sell them because they are BIG licences...

I find it very strange that Blizzard sold to Activision, WoW was basically printing money for them so it's not like they had a financial crisis or insurmountable difficulty. Ativision has a very bad image in my eyes.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 03/06/14 11:29 PM.
addict
addict
last year Blizzard bought themself from Activision but it seems they will keep the same shitty marketing policy...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
last year Blizzard bought themself from Activision but it seems they will keep the same shitty marketing policy...

Well that at least opens the door for the possibility of future improvement and a year is probably not enough time to notice much improvements as I imagine there are still legal ties over what they can and can't do with projects developed under Activision including Diablo III. Time will tell though.

...."in order to become an independent (albeit publicly-traded) corporate entity.".....and there is where the problem lies. Now they have to please shareholders first and those people are the scum of the earth....rich, egotistical, idiots who have no clue about games or the industry that demand profits.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 03/06/14 11:49 PM.
addict
addict
yeah don't tell me about them...
I just really hope that Larian will NEVER turn into that kind of big company...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

yeah don't tell me about them...
I just really hope that Larian will NEVER turn into that kind of big company...

If that happens you can always grab your battle ram and other siege goodies and storm their castle in Belgium. horsey

"A little rebellion now and then is a good thing."
-Jefferson-

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
addict
addict
yeah I will gear up with my ram, my bucket and my weresheep pet to besiege their studio h馼

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Link Copied to Clipboard