Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Support
Support

SilencerZ, could you please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool? The report will contain your saves (many of the earlier ones you can delete from the zip, if file size is an issue).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Report.zip sent+the info about the bug.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I came here to report one and only "bug" that really bothers me.

Throwing Teleportation Pyramid over "trap trigger pressure plate" will actually trigger it.
Come on, i am throwing it OVER it, why should it press the pressure-plate anyway???

Encountered it at least in General Store Dungeon (the one you can access from underground tunnels of Cyseal).

K
stranger
stranger
K
Not sure if these ones have been mentioned yet

F5 before opening chest, then F8 to see an alternative selection - character focus has changed. This is not consistent (of course not - that would be too easy) but I think I have noticed it most with Treasure map chests.

Can't add custom markers on map - though that might be user ignorance - I'm sure I use to be able to.

After digging my character doesn't put her shield back on again.

veteran
veteran
I saw an enemy undead use a healing spell on a zombie boar, which actually damaged it. The AI hasn't fully learned not to use healing spells on zombie-type enemies.

Major bug: Madora was "downed", on a patch of fire, so I teleported her out. She made her saving throw against Knockdown, but remained down. I was able to try and use a resurrection scroll from inside her inventory on a dead party member, and that made her get up (but the scroll didn't do anything).

That seems to have broken her, as she can no longer interact with things (at least in combat). Surfaces had no effect, using skills had no effect and consumed no AP, attacking enemies normally consumed no AP, only moving consumed AP.

Enemies could still target and kill her, though.

- Seaside Thug used Nullify Resistance on itself. I have no idea what that's supposed to accomplish, as the warrior skill calls that a debuff.

- I used Ricochet on a thug, and instead of bouncing to any of the six thugs nearby, instead the rebound went off back close to my party and killed a very threatening crate.

Last edited by Stabbey; 06/06/14 11:18 AM. Reason: Ricochet
stranger
stranger
Sorry if this has been mentioned.. but just a small change:

Can we have a "compact" sort option? That way I can keep the order, but just get rid of all the void space.

veteran
veteran
Bug?: I don't think weapon durability is going down anymore. I have been ignoring repair on Madora and using the same weapon for a while, and nothing has happened.

Originally Posted by Xzanron
Sorry if this has been mentioned.. but just a small change:

Can we have a "compact" sort option? That way I can keep the order, but just get rid of all the void space.

That's not a bug, you're looking for the UI wishlist thread.

old hand
old hand
Ricochet shots do often damage crates and other furniture instead of the enemies.

I dont think thats a problem but maybe it should change as you improve? maybe adding points into "Expert marksman" should affect those results?

That would be a nice smaller addition to efficiency and value of skills.

Another thing entirely.

I noticed that chance to hit around 73% is the one where i have the most consecutive misses.
This effect starts around 68 or 69% and is actually the worst at 72 or 73%.

This is coming from someone who plays RPGs often and is use to RNG effects.
But... this is actually strange.

I am not sure that this is a bug really, or maybe just a freakish nature of probability mathematics.
but whatever it is - it produces almost assured consecutive misses. Three in a row. In about 8 out of 10 attempts. Or 9 out of 10.

I have more hits with a 50 - 60% chance to hit then with 73%.

And i almost never have consecutive misses with those lower chances.

Its just freaky.

Can someone go down to the basement level the engine and check whats going on? Thanks!

veteran
veteran
I am aware that Ricochet does target crates and things, which is fine. I guess the targeting is random, because the crate was much farther away from the initial target than the other enemies. (The most annoying thing was that it didn't rebound from the crate to one of the enemies.)

I've also noticed strangeness with the RNG apparently not hitting, but after I ran a test on a 70% CTH enemy, 10 times (reloading after each attempt), I did get exactly 7 hits. It may just be confirmation bias, we remember the less than expected result (a miss) and forget the hits.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Bug Description: Opening a door in Esmerelda's shop caused camera to "flip out" and all npcs in town to aggro, despite guards approaching and pardoning me for the infraction.

Play Environment: Co-op

Long description: While playing a co-op game with a friend and working through the murder quest, I decided to investigate Esmerelda's shop for any incriminating evidence. The room behind the door downstairs looked interesting, so I clicked on the door. When I did so, the camera repeatedly flipped, zooming in and out quickly. There was a dialog box that was hard to read. Eventually the camera stopped and I realized it was the "crime" dialog, in which guards were talking to me.

I apologized for my infraction. The guards responded that they would let me off with a warning. I clicked out of the dialog box, however all of the npcs in the area remained hostile. Esmerelda and her legionnaire friend began moving towards me. The guards did not, at first. I ran out of the establishment's door, hoping their aggro status would reset. At this point, all of the npcs in the market square became aggro towards me, all citizens, all shopkeeps.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I've also noticed strangeness with the RNG apparently not hitting, but after I ran a test on a 70% CTH enemy, 10 times (reloading after each attempt), I did get exactly 7 hits. It may just be confirmation bias, we remember the less than expected result (a miss) and forget the hits.

Try with 73% and let me know. It is not a confirmation bias, of that im sure.
Reloading might be affecting the freak occurrence that happens in the normal gameplay.
As i said, i doubt its a proper bug.
Its just... peculiar.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard