Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Divinity: Original Sin Release Date Announced, New Video and KS Anniversary

Exactly one year ago, Larian Studios celebrated the end of a million-dollar crowdfunding campaign in support of its innovative, old-school-inspired RPG, Divinity: Original Sin. Today, the studio celebrates this anniversary by announcing an official release date of June 20th 2014. Hand in hand with this announcement comes a new gameplay trailer highlighting just how many new features and worlds of content community support has leant this project.

Check out the video HERE!

But Steam Early Access participants aren’t to be forgotten! Today, players can enjoy a huge update featuring a variety of improvements and additions to the game:

• Complete overhaul of loot generation matrix. Expect much cooler treasure.
• Added 135 music tracks, including some all-time favourites from previous Divinity games
• Added a new “Way of the Rogue” ability and a variety of new Rogue skills
• Full overhaul of your Homestead at the End of Time
• You can create different user profiles, so your little brother or sister can play, too.
• Difficulty settings have been added, so players can pick which sort of experience they prefer.
• Added formations, both in turn-based combat and in real-time, for optimal tactical positioning
• All players playing Divinity: Original Sin can now chat with each other, making it easier to form multiplayer groups within the community.
• Added an “Illusionist Mirror” through which you can change your player’s looks in-game
• Replaced “repair” with “blacksmithing” and charm/intimidate/reason abilities by “charisma”
• Amended stats of “Way of the Ranger” skill
• Skill stats now level up with the characters, e.g. a level 1 flare is still useful at level 15.
• Added plenty of new skill visual effects
• Skills now have certain requirements. You can still learn a skill by boosting the relevant ability artificially, but once you lose the boost, you won’t be able to use the skill anymore.
• Full overhaul of all lighting, shading, and zoom. Get up close and personal!
• You can now give commands to each party member independently. Commands will be executed even if you’re focused on another party member.
• Party members avoid traps. Traps can be disarmed with disarm trap kits (an alternative solution to blowing up the trap, which may destroy neighboring objects).
• Journal now tracks the recipes you’ve learned.
• You can switch between party members while trading.
• There is now an interface to assign companions to other players in multiplayer.
• Several stability and performance fixes were made, in addition to loads of bug fixes. Most of the remaining networking issues should be solved now, too.

apprentice
apprentice
Wheeee!!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Youhou, I love you (don't tell your man/girlfriend i said that) !!
Seriously, one month was a bit expected anyway , but you can take all year (mmh ok two months) if you need it, we love this game too much for crying for a delay smile

I'm really in love with DOS, can't wait !

Can't see anything about playing on windows 32b , even if i know Larian is working on it smile . Hope I won't crash as often as before

Last edited by CandyPanda94; 25/04/14 11:52 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Cool, so wheres mah update? I wanna play with all that stuff!

apprentice
apprentice
Speachless...LOVE YOU GUYS!!!Damn I just can't wait to hear Kirill's tracks once again.

M
addict
addict
M
Well, that trailer looks better than the ones before smile

And I CAN'T WAIT !!! (well, I can because I will have to, but you get my meaning)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Great job on the huge list of improvements. The one thing that still needs the most attention is the sound effects of all weapons and spells.

Most the time the sounds will not register. Music will cut in and out and all other sounds are very hit or miss.

I see in the change log that sounds were addressed, but unfortunately I feel this is the area that needs the most polishing before Release in June.

Love the game.

Has potential to be one of the all time greatest rpgs.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I still find this game awesome but it was better when i played it on february before all those changes about level progression.
Is there any chance u could TRANSLATE IN ITALIAN?

stranger
stranger
Keep on the good work!!! You'll find me at the gates of the Vault when june 20 arrives laugh

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi,
Maybe the information is somewhere, but i didn't find it.
Do you know when the french version/patch/traduction while be available?

My english is not enought strong to understand every subilities in the english version of the game.

Thx ^^

veteran
veteran
June 20th.

addict
addict
le jeu sortira en version fran軋ise mais pour ce qui est de la b黎a, version anglaise uniquement wink

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Il parait que le francais n'est plus supporté par le forum!

addict
addict
ah ouai merde les caracteres speciaux chient un peu ^^
j'espere que ca sera pas pareil avec la version finale de D:OS :p

Last edited by Chaotica; 22/05/14 03:35 PM.

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

stranger
stranger
Saw the release date was moved to the 30th. I think I speak for many people when I say...

No problem at all -- seriously we're cool with it. Take all the time you need and get as much right as you can! We are excited to play, but we want you to sell a zillion copies so we can enjoy this fine RPG for many many years to come.

journeyman
journeyman
Agree, take the time to get it correct! Thanks for the update.

Click to reveal..
M
stranger
stranger
M
funny all the people here actually believe a word they say. It will be delayed again and again. They just tell you these things so you preorder the game or buy into early access. Sadly i fell for it too and wasted a lot of my vacation time and can't get a refund what a joke this place is

addict
addict
I understand you're angry but as I said previously the collector edition were already manufactured so the game won't be delayed again ^^

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

P
stranger
stranger
P
Wonder when my copy will arrive laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard