Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I noticed the game has dialogue options. From videos I've seen of the game, you need to make choices for both characters. That kind of ruins the immersion of the game for me considering I'll only want to play this alone.

Is there an option to let the other character, lets say, the female character make her own choices?

How much of the game is available to play in Beta (out of 100)? If you can tell me how much hours you have gotten out of it, that would be nice.

Last question: when the game is out of beta, will I lose my game progress and have to restart?

Last edited by badcomputer; 04/06/14 03:36 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by badcomputer
I noticed the game has dialogue options. From videos I've seen of the game, you need to make choices for both characters. That kind of ruins the immersion of the game for me considering I'll only want to play this alone.

Is there an option to let the other character, lets say, the female character make her own choices?

How much of the game is available to play in Beta (out of 100)? If you can tell me how much hours you have gotten out of it, that would be nice.

Last question: when the game is out of beta, will I lose my game progress and have to restart?

I don't have immersion concerns and I am very hyped to be able to control that interaction and relationship into all sorts of wrecks. Oh the possibilities!!

Yes there is, you can choose a personality type and let the AI run a mock with the replies if that's your thing.

Not sure about the beta hour count but why does it matter? The game will be out in less than three weeks and you can't play the beta unless you buy the game. It's a huge game, that's all I can say for certain.

YES, your beta saves will NOT carry into the final game release. But again, the release is extremely close so just wait for the finished product to play.

addict
addict
as far as I know, no you have to make choices for both of your character
1/3 of the game is available in the b黎a, I have not seen the end so far. my longest session is about 10h but it was still alpha stage.
and yes when the game will be release, all the beta save will be incompatible with the release version

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Support
Support

In the current build the only personality option you can set for dialogue choices is random, but more options are coming.

Gameplay for the beta is about 20 hours, or so. It is about 25-30% of the full game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
as far as I know, no you have to make choices for both of your character
1/3 of the game is available in the b黎a, I have not seen the end so far. my longest session is about 10h but it was still alpha stage.
and yes when the game will be release, all the beta save will be incompatible with the release version

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying you can let the AI run one of the characters' responses which goes in hand with being able to assign them personalities.

Support
Support

Yes, that was recently added.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, that was recently added.

Thanks, I knew I wasn't going crazy yet.

addict
addict
oh my bad perhaps too recently for me ^^

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

M
stranger
stranger
M
yes, the feature has been added, so now you can assign AI-Personalities to one or both your characters if you want.

the beta took me around 30 hours to complete, but i am a completitionist and i may reload after a fight where one of my characters died, even if i could revive him, just because i want to do this as good as possible. This takes some time. Also i reloaded sometimes just to try a different solution to a quest. So others had around 10-15 hours, it can be done faster (many people are now doing ther xxth playtrough).

sad thing, every update destroys the old savegames, so i would wait until release, because probably there will be even more updates in the next days or weeks because we are near the final version now.

veteran
veteran
I clocked 50 hours my first run 0_o (super-slow and thorough XD)

That super-slowness was somewhat a burden for me post-Cyseal content, so little I went through :p

Oh, and while indeed you can set AI-personalities, I personally have to say I find it awesome to discuss with myself, as does my IRL friend who I convinced to buy OS.
Whatever floats one boat I guess...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter

Oh, and while indeed you can set AI-personalities, I personally have to say I find it awesome to discuss with myself, as does my IRL friend who I convinced to buy OS.
Whatever floats one boat I guess...

That's what I'm saying. I don't get the whole "it breaks my immersion" talk at all. It's just awesome to get to do what you want with not one, but two characters.

veteran
veteran
I like the AI personalities for the potential that you WON'T be able to do what you want and you'll lose sometimes, and have to deal with the consequences.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I like the AI personalities for the potential that you WON'T be able to do what you want and you'll lose sometimes, and have to deal with the consequences.

I don't like unexpected surprises at all. Generally I have playthroughs dedicated to chaos and wrecking things but not many of those, outside of that it's always a constant search for the perfect playthrough....best choices both in main and side quests, 100% completion, best character setup and gear, etc. And all it takes in one conversation gone wrong to completely ruin countless hours of work.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I personally prefer enjoying my own schizoprenia^^

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
I personally prefer enjoying my own schizoprenia^^

Yup yup.

Totally random AI (as current?) can be pretty self-destructive since currently traits that are "balanced" cancel each other out and you get no bonus at all... and that can be a big nerf if too many do this.

H
stranger
stranger
H
You can also disable dual dialogue in the options. That way you will be making your dialogue choices as if you were playing only 1 character.

Link Copied to Clipboard