Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30
Support
Support

Manthraxx;

If the game can not create the 'Divinity Original Sin' folder for some reason, that would certainly cause a problem trying to save. If you start the game, change some settings and exit, is the folder created then? There should be a graphicSettings.lsx file created in the D:OS folder, as well as a PlayerProfiles subfolder.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Since it is on a new laptop, there may be all kinds of trial crap installed.

Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file by right clicking and running as administrator.

I'm not familiar with Steam portal, so don't know if that could be an issue.

MooseTheStampede;

Do you have anti-aliasing forced in your video drivers? If that isn't the case, did you try verifying local files?

M
stranger
stranger
M
Well switched those settings before and didn't help much, but now I've done it again and at first glance it looks like it's fixed!!! must've missed one the last time I guess.

Ooh I'm freeing up my afternoon for some adventuring with a fresh game with two ladies knight and witch. (gotta love the spider summon eh?)

Thanks a lot, saved the game for me!
Larian Studios are what makes me proud to be Belgian, well that and our 2364 kinds of beer....

later dude!

B
stranger
stranger
B
My game (latest beta) always crashes in the first in-game cinematics after the character creation. I get 60 fps in the character creation but only 12/13 fps in the cinematics. I also have low cpu usage in this part (a bug?).

Specs:
i5 3330
Windows 7 32-Bit
6 Gb RAM
HD 6850 OC

T
stranger
stranger
T
Sorry to bother you guys here, but please help, i could not wait any longer and i got into the early access program yesterday, i'm loving this game for the most part, buuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt, im having an issue with the in game text, in menus, textboxes, etc. Some characters are missing, M's O's for the most part. Any suggestions? I already check the antialising as a player suggested yesterday, but im still not able to enjoy my play time T.T please help!

PD i already tried the mentions above but no luck!

Last edited by TheJukeBoxHero; 05/06/14 05:23 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Bulgar
My game (latest beta) always crashes in the first in-game cinematics

Try hitting Esc to skip the cutscene. If it doesn't help with the crash, you may at least get more detail about when it occurs from the loading screen.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?
You can also try without the Steam client, starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file.

There was an issue with starting a new game in the alpha on 32 bit versions of Windows. I don't know if your crash is related to limited memory, but you could try the Hack for 32bit windows users.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Originally Posted by TheJukeBoxHero
Some characters are missing, M's O's for the most part. Any suggestions?

Other than making sure you have anti-aliasing disabled in your video drivers and verifying local files...

Did you try lowering your resolution or changing graphics options, etc?

If that doesn't help, email support, as above.

M
stranger
stranger
M
A couple of issues in the short time I was able to play before crashing. First, friends joining a network game are still automatically assigned Scarlet, which I view as the first player and while I'm customizing her loadout I am booted out when my friend joins and then only given the option to customize Roderick (all over again from scratch).

After creating our characters, my co-op partner and I ran through the starter dungeon which still requires a quick-save before crossing the (extinguished) fire blockade. I know you can use the nearby rain spell to extinguish it, but if you settle to destroy the water barrels instead you can still be caught on fire and quickly incinerated by some invisible remnant that somehow wasn't extinguished. This issue seems to persist from the last update, and both my co-op partner and I managed to catch on fire several times in a row while trying to carefully cross the then water-covered gap.

While heading up from the fire/water area for the trap disarm tutorial, I picked up the disarm kit and began to disarm the trap. While doing so, I right-clicked my inventory window to close it, which inadvertently cancelled my disarm attempt and consumed the kit. I've noticed the same thing happening before with lockpicks, but was not able to reproduce it in this session.

After killing the ghost "boss," he dropped a hat. I went to right-click on it to give it to my partner, but forgot that there is no right-click context menu for items outside of a container (like inventory or a crate). Instead, I clicked on it, and attempted to drag it over my partner's icon in the party list at the top left, but it didn't do anything. I ended up having to pick it up myself, open my inventory, right-click on it and then send it to my partner who was standing still (beside me) the entire time.

After the dungeon, coming upon the two bridge guards, my partner and I deliberately picked conflicting options in the dialogue to see if the rock-paper-scissors resolution could be forfeited by either party. Although each of us saw the option to "Press space to skip," it didn't work for either of us. Not able to do anything else, we each took our first turn, but on the second turn our prior options seemed stuck in place (the previously selected icon appeared as selected for each of us) and neither of us was able to click anything or advance the minigame. As the game host, I used the menu in the top right to select "Load" and loaded our most recent save, which promptly crashed my game.

Both of us were playing on Win7-64 using the latest beta released through Steam.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Posted elsewhere in the forum, sorry. Just saw this thread.

Restarted new game after updating to version 1.093. One of my characters was a Battlemage. The first battle on the beach before entering the Dungeon tutor with the 3 creatures created by the mage....my system crashed to desktop the 4 times I tried to use the fireball scroll to kill the 3 undead. FWIW, Win 7-64 bit, I7
@330, 6GB Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX770; driver 320.08. I did not have a problem in this area previously. I tried the scroll in the dungeon and it seemed to work.

Followup..just tried to use the fireball again at the beginning of the game after verifying game cache files....got the same crash, but this time my computer was totally locked up. Saw this in event viewer:

Faulting application path: D:\Steam\Games\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\Games\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe

More info: system crashes every time I use a fireball in a crowd and not specifically directed at one baddie

Last edited by Aiobheal; 08/06/14 10:09 AM. Reason: add'l info
L
stranger
stranger
L
There is a very annoying bug. My second character stole a bread in the Legion's headquarter's prison and a guard came, and now the character can not move anymore, but nothing else happens. I can move the first character and even teleport them both up to the floor but the second character remains stuck.
Note: even reloading the game does not help, and the character is not overburdened.

Lomion #498553 07/06/14 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lomion
There is a very annoying bug. My second character stole a bread in the Legion's headquarter's prison and a guard came, and now the character can not move anymore, but nothing else happens. I can move the first character and even teleport them both up to the floor but the second character remains stuck.
Note: even reloading the game does not help, and the character is not overburdened.

Yes this is repeatable.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hi,

When I play this game with my friend, even through Tunngle the most I can play for is 10 seconds or so then my PC disconnects from the Internet entirely. No other game causes this and we have tried pretty much everything imaginable to fix this. Is there a way we can play together before LAN is created?

Thanks in advance.
frown

Last edited by jamandu; 08/06/14 05:14 PM.
Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool, for both computers. The report will contain some network and system info which will hopefully help Larian figure out what is the problem is. It also includes your saves, which are not really relevant in this case, so most can be deleted from the zip to reduce file size.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just inconsistency, but after discovering the group of NPCs trying to deal with the giant golem, when you go back to the mage he gives you a control box and says 'there's an instruction manual around here somewhere - you're welcome to take it if you can find it,' but if you DO find it and try to take it, he immediately turns hostile and tries to kill you.

Support
Support

You should be able to take the instruction manual whether you've talked to Arhu about it or not. Mousing over it, the cursor should be white.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Greetings,

The previous update introduced a bug that makes the entire screen go black except for the UI.
I thought it was part of the quick fix but it's still present as of the latest update.

The GPU on this computer is an GeForce 7900gs (quite old but works fine in low settings).

I suspect the shaders that make stuff in the foreground become transparent as I can create my characters and start the game. I can move around on the beach a few meters back and forth but once I start going further north-east, the screen becomes black except for the UI that remains visible.
While everything is black, i can still move around and find my way to the first battle with the help of the map. I can hover the mouse around on items and characters and i'm still able to interact with them.

I don't know if this can be fixed or not, maybe by editing the shaders in some way ? But i can say that the game worked fine before and i was even able to complete the tutorial dungeon, explore the city and start adventuring past the northern gates.

I do have another computer at home with a more recent GPU and everything works fine.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Your report will be appreciated, though probably not adressed to. On the Steam page it is clear Larian promises nothing for your GPU (min GPU=NVIDIAï½® GeForce 8800 GT (512 MB) ).

Your GPU reminds me of the first gpu I upgraded my old pc with (nvidia geforce 7950 GT). Funny thing is, I was unaware my power supply was insufficient for this upgrade. That costed my an additional 100 euros. Ah good old times..

M
stranger
stranger
M
It's the settings of your Graphics card that is forcing Anti Aliasing. right click desktop, go to NVIDIA control panel, click "Manage 3D settings", click "program settings" tab, under "select a program to...", select "eocapp.exe" in the dropbox (it has an icon that looks like the shortcut to the game).

In the list underneath, switch following settings like so:

- Antialiasing-FXAA: use global setting (8x)
- Antialiasing-Gamma correction: Off
- Antialiasing-Mode: Application controlled
- Antialiasing-setting: use global setting (4x)
- Antialiasing-Transparency: Use global setting (off)

R
stranger
stranger
R
The game stalled right after I cast a summon undead warrior scroll in combat. After several seconds of a frozen screen it continued with the animation of the spell and resumed combat as normal.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Not sure if you were replying to me but I'll assume you were.
I don't have some of the options you give, FXAA for example.
Basically, AA is disabled everywhere and attempting to enable it in the control panel for the process divides the frame-rate by two even though it's still technical "disabled" as i "let the app chose", same if i force it to 4x.

Anyway, I'm not sure why it would be the AA since the game starts OK on the beach and i can see until i start moving. Not sure if it also gets dark after a given time. I'll try later.

I also saved the game as soon as i got to the beach and then attempted to load the save when the screen became black. It remained black. I'll try loading from a fresh launch while everything is still visible.

Edit :
ok, was able to load my previous save file on the beach right after spawning. Everything is visible and i didn't move for about 10 minutes now. Used the global chat to send some messages. attempted to move the characters to the boat on the left, no problem. started making my characters fight each-other :
Bloodletting : no problem
Razor's Edge : black screen during cast animation !

Gonna try again after restarting.

Edit 2 :
- Restarted on the beach, waited a few secs to be sure and then casted Razor's Edge, black screen. By looking closely, the screen went black when my character hit the ground during the animation and that yellow circle on the ground expanded a bit for about 2 meters.

- Restarted again, waited a few secs and casted Bloodletting, nothing (no black screen) for about 5 minutes.

I think i can safely state that this bug is reproducible on my hardware by standing still at the beginning and using the skill Razor's Edge.
If the screen becomes black, the game must be restarted before loading the save again, otherwise it will stay black.

First i thought it was only when moving the characters but also noticed it could randomly happen if only moving the camera around, even in dark non visited areas.
Today i reproduced it with minimal actions. Start a new game and cast a skill, that's all.

I first noticed this on the previous update without any changes to my hardware/drivers, i'll need to try the two previous updates to confirm but i suppose there is no way to go back. :s

I can send this GPU to the devs at my expense if it helps to troubleshoot the issue. I don't mind.

Last edited by TheSlider; 10/06/14 05:48 PM.
Support
Support

Hopefully just your system information will be enough. Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem (a link here or cut and paste the info) and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool. The zip will contain your saves, which are not directly relevant to the problem, so you can delete most of them to reduce the file size, if that is an issue.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Sent the mail. Thank you.

Edit :

Got a reply. Their answer is that my system specs is below the minimum requirements.
More precisely, the Shader Model is too old, SM3, when SM4 seems to be the minimum according to the minimum GPU requirement.
For reference, i played the last Hitman, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider with no problems and yes, on medium to low details. I understand that SM4 is mandatory since the last two updates but it seems weird that this is the first game i play to have such standards.
What is Larian using from SM4 that can't be done with SM3 ?

On another note, the reply to the mail didn't seem to suggest they would still investigate "just in case". I know they have better things to do than check why the game goes black in some cases on old hardware but still, since this is reproducible with 100% success rate, maybe it would be worthwhile to check it out in case it causes some hidden issues on more recent hardware as well (performance drops ? Memory leaks ? I don't know).

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Last edited by TheSlider; 13/06/14 10:05 AM.
Page 25 of 30 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard