Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
M
stranger
stranger
M
i would like to see an improved multiplayer chatlog.

Now the problem is that you might have problems to follow the dialogues of your co-player, especially if you are in a crowded area (the marketplace for example), or if your co-player just clicks fast trough it.

What i would like is basically what other games did: if you are in a certain range, and your friend starts to talk to someone, you get a dialogue-popup too, but you can't click anything (except for multiplayer dialogues, ofc).

I have the feeling they wanted to create a multiplayer game, for two players with equally "important" main characters, and this is what i was really waiting for.

some stuff is still really hard to deal with in multiplayer. It starts with the book you find at the beginning: it is quest relevant and triggers a dialogue between the two main characters, but only one player has to pick it up and read it. Right after you did read it, the multiplayer dialogue starts, and basically you have to tell your co-player what the book was about, either in chat or skype, give him the book so that he can read it himself or tell him to read the quest-log for a quick summary, because the multiplayer dialogue implies that both characters know the book and have an opinion on the subject.
So eiter i would like to see the multiplayer dialogue as "oh hey lets read the book together" or that it starts only when both players read the book, and not just one.

see, i appreciate that both players can move freely and that you can split the party and then teleport back, this is why i want this dialogue-popup only if you are within a certain range - could be very close if you ask me. Either you should be able to directly overhear the conversation, or you are too far away. What i don't like is that you have to filter the chat-log for the relevant text, because you can't even adjust the chat-log in a way that you don't have to read all the chatter and npc spam too.

also, the game lacks a few multiplayer options such as "share gold" (this would just share the gold coins you or your friend picks up equally between both characters), while it has brilliant other stuff (such as friendly fire, teleport, the homestead.... ).

Last edited by MaralDesa; 05/06/14 02:15 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
As my mouse scrolling is broken, I had to use the keyboard (page up/down) for the zoom; but it's a little uncomfortable, 'cause we need to press several times a key for this. It would not be better with a 'hold on' system, in addition?

A
addict
addict
A
I think there needs to be an option to disable tooltips and that ? icon for those players who already know how to play the game. I've played the beta alot of times, so tooltips for me now just stand in the way of gameplay.

old hand
old hand
It's coming but wasn't ready for this update yet.

Tweeting @forktong
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Hey ForkTong - are there plans to implement any of the other requests in this thread (like the stuff in the list in the OP)? Thanks!

old hand
old hand
Thank you for the key to cycle through players. Very much appreciated. Would it be too much to ask for a hotkey to cycle the 3 Power Bars?

Another very nice to have if we aren't getting any more sorting features for the inventory. To have it auto-sort every time we open the inventory to the last Sort option we chosen.

Thanks for the additional Configurable Keys.

I know it wasn't this patch, but thanks for at the end of battle no one moves. That helps a lot.

Thanks for reduced ground damage it is feeling pretty right now.

Thanks for the Expand/Collapse all buttons in the Quest log. Helps considerably.

Keychain?

B
B
Inventory Slots Highlighting
Would it be possible to highlight the appropriate equipping slot when hovering over (or when picking up) an item in your inventory?
Since the items are pretty small (at least on high res) it's not always clear what exactly it is that I'm looking at, so highlighting the slot on my character would help a lot.

(Copied from my own post here http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=498570#Post498570 which I wouldn't have opened if I saw this one!)

R
stranger
stranger
R
The Rift Travel button should flash (and keep flashing until pressed) when it first appears after your conversation with Zix-Zax.

Many people don't even notice the button show up for the first time, myself included.

journeyman
journeyman
I would prefer the game tips in the Journal as well because the green button by the map is kinda dull looking and when the rift travel button feature is activated its just going to confuse the players when they are looking for that button o.o;;;

old hand
old hand
I think it would be a good idea to let the players know about global chat and to give them a fair warning that there be spoilers, so that they should use it with that in mind.

It would just be nice and professional like.

One of the hints while the game is loading.

You can also say the game was hacked by chinese spec ops.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Hiver
I think it would be a good idea to let the players know about global chat and to give them a fair warning that there be spoilers, so that they should use it with that in mind.

It would just be nice and professional like.

One of the hints while the game is loading.

You can also say the game was hacked by chinese spec ops.

A warning is a good idea, but in my opinion it should be hidden by default as people can get spoilers right after loading a savegame or starting a new game.

You could obscure the global chat with a dialogue box with the warning and information on what exactly the global chat is.

A
addict
addict
A
There are these two annoying comparison windows that show up every time I try to pick some wearable item using alt, they block the view of what else can be picked and just get in the way in general:
[Linked Image]
It's also annoying during barter.
Can this comparison be done only when the item is already in the inventory and only during browsing the inventory? And maybe show only whether the item is magical or not when it's still on the ground?

Last edited by Aramintai; 08/06/14 09:49 AM.
Originally Posted by Aramintai
There are these two annoying comparison windows that show up every time I try to pick some wearable item using alt, they block the view of what else can be picked and just get in the way in general:
[Linked Image]
It's also annoying during barter.
Can this comparison be done only when the item is already in the inventory and only during browsing the inventory? And maybe show only whether the item is magical or not when it's still on the ground?

Though I love they have added that feature but I agree they should make a new transparent UI for picking up the items.

H
stranger
stranger
H
The crafting menu is a bit strange. If you combine 2 different items and both of which are consumed in the process, the menu only shows the item that you initiated the crafting with and the finished product. It does not show the other item used for crafting or additional crafting products.

e.g this:
[Linked Image]

should look like this:

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by HansHalber
The crafting menu is a bit strange. If you combine 2 different items and both of which are consumed in the process, the menu only shows the item that you initiated the crafting with and the finished product. It does not show the other item used for crafting or additional crafting products.

e.g this:
[Linked Image]

should look like this:

[Linked Image]

If it did that, it would also be easier to craft things without being on the "All" tab, so I agree. Well, and you'd also have to make a button to bring the UI up, and code to let you drag things to it, but that's the direction I'd like to see it go.

H
stranger
stranger
H
On the character creation screen it would be awesome if there was a clear all button, so it removes any attributes, skills, abilities and talents leaving a blank slate to build on.

old hand
old hand
So... they actually made the crafting menu?

blargh...

Whatever.

Im noticing that the camera has started to center on each character that moves, enemy or ally during combat. It is extremely annoying.

I dont remember that happening that much in the first beta versions. Or it wasnt so frigging radical as now.

And as far as i see there is no option to disable it.

Can i please have that option because this is making me feel like im in some washing machine!?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hiver
So... they actually made the crafting menu?

blargh...

Whatever.

It's not a bug deal for crafts only made on one tab, but quite a few recipes require you to use things from different tabs, which basically forces you to use the "All" tab, making dragging + dropping awkward.

old hand
old hand
They should have stuck with their own style of crafting and recipe books know how. And just make it clearer through tutorial.
Now im sorry i ever mentioned how other games do it. Certainly didnt want to see it used here too, again.

Support
Support

They added the window after drag and dropping to support crafting with stacks, rather than having to drag and drop multiple times. It also acts as a conformation, in case you are trying to organize your inventory, rather than craft.

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard