Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#498536 07/06/14 12:29 PM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Restarted new game after updating to above version. One of my characters was a Battlemage. The first battle on the beach before entering the Dungeon tutor with the 3 creatures created by the mage....my system crashed to desktop the 4 times I tried to use the fireball scroll to kill the 3 undead. FWIW, Win 7-64 bit, I7
@330, 6GB Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX770; driver 320.08. I did not have a problem in this area previously. I tried the scroll in the dungeon and it seemed to work.

old hand
old hand
Now every time i try to pick up any item while holding Alt a tooltip for that item appears and obstructs the view. Even the most common items like seashells or forks or buckets have a tool tip.

And there is some sort of shiny alien green tutorial popup jumping at me every few seconds.

... it must be a bug.

(writing it down a second time, just in case)

Support
Support

Just reproduced that fireball scroll crash...

old hand
old hand
The fight in the ruin house where there is the strongest man-ghost in the cellar stuff.

Outside, i got my spider charmed, and i cannot attack it unless i use the ctrl-attack combo. The mouse pointer treats it like a friendly.

The circle around it is still green, btw. But overhead status displays "charmed" and its attacking us correctly.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hiver
The fight in the ruin house where there is the strongest man-ghost in the cellar stuff.

Outside, i got my spider charmed, and i cannot attack it unless i use the ctrl-attack combo. The mouse pointer treats it like a friendly.

The circle around it is still green, btw. But overhead status displays "charmed" and its attacking us correctly.

I don't see why that's a bug. It IS a friendly, just under a charm spell. If it was a fellow party member, attacking a charmed party member is not really going to do anything helpful for you. If you want to attack it, that's your own choice.

Bug:

Listed Hearing Range: 12 meters.
Range at which NPC chatter appears in the dialogue Box: 30+ meters.

The dialogue box should only record chatter within your hearing range. That would greatly cut back on the horrible amount of spam in the dialogue box.

30 meters is terrible and makes the dialogue log really obnoxious to try and parse, because it hears way too much.

Last edited by Stabbey; 07/06/14 10:51 PM. Reason: dialogue log
J
stranger
stranger
J
Not sure what other information about this bug, but I'm experiencing some cursor stuttering/lag in certain areas.

addict
addict
Possible character creation bug, Might have just been me though o.o While using the rotate character option.. Roderick became stuck in a glitchy twitch for a few moments.

Again might have just been me, since I maxed out the graphics and did not re load the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Madora started burning spontaneously a second time after the fight was over. the other three did not. In the tunnel under the graveyard in Cyseal. encounter against the scorching skeleton

V
VPA Offline
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by ForkTong
Design:
Changed: unbreakable boost only starts from level 16 and higher, when it starts making a difference

Not active Change:
Unbreakable item, level 4:
(picture)

[Linked Image]

A
addict
addict
A
Why is there an Identify icon in character's inventory if he\she has no Identifying Glass and no Loremaster points? If Identify was supposed to work in any character inventory, not just for the Loremaster with the Identifying Glass, then it's not working - if you select Identify in any other character inventory nothing happens.

Also, another bug - Identify progress bar is shown twice when identifying any item.

Last edited by Aramintai; 08/06/14 09:37 AM.
stranger
stranger
when I get back into the game, either by loading my last save or simply selecting continue, my character order and formation have been changed.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Listing my reported bugs here as well since it's the "Bug report thread".

(POSSIBLE) BUG: When I try convince Cecilia in the bathtub with the Reason option my character had Reason skill at 2 and she at 8. I pressed space to skip the minigame and my character won.

I'm not sure if the outcome is completely random or not, but it just doesn't seem right for my character to win when her skill was four times lower.

BUG: (spelling) The charm option when trying to convince Roberts to give you the gold from the bribe has "reptuation" instead of "reputation".

SPELLING: The tutorial tooltip when having a companion join for the first time needs to be cleaned up a bit as the title and description text overlap. Also, the title is "Exploration" - I feel it's wrong since the tooltip is about party members joining you.

See screenshot: http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3316087091383835482/3335D333C77AD614072B408ADF9538A891C3A58C/

Wrong word usage: The wrong verb is used in Victoria's reply to your question if you may borrow books from the library. She asks you to return the books you *lend* but the verb should be *borrow* since you lend something TO somebody (the library lends books to you), but you borrow something FROM somebody (you borrow books from the library).

Screesnhot: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3316087091383829989/DC4CDDDFD250BC34C0A4C686B65CBED33041EAAE/

SUGGESTION: As far as spellbooks go: There are FAR too many doubles of the same spell in vendor's inventories.
In my opinion it should be limited to 2 copies of 1 spell so you get some diversity in the spell selection. Not to mention that it affects the player's freedom of choice (and is thus a source of frustration) as they can't try the desired skill/spell combinations.

You may also wish to consider increasing the amount of skillbooks of a specific skill line one vendor carries.

POSSIBLE BUG: The Minor Heal spell heals 4 times in 3 turns. I'm not sure what you intended here. Was it healing once per turn for 3 turns? The spell heals once when cast on a character, and 3 times whenever the turn counter ticks down.

The description for the spell is misleading. Saying it heals X hp over 3 turns implies it'll just heal X HP in total over 3 turns, it should say it heals X hp PER turn.

The above might also be true for higher level versions of this spell. You may wish to check that - I can't test it at the moment as they are unavailable to me.

BUG: The inventory icons and world models for the tong (item repair) and the Trap Disarm Toolkit are the same. I'm sure you intended them to be different as their purpose is different as well.

Last edited by riptide; 08/06/14 09:52 AM.
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Raze

Just reproduced that fireball scroll crash...

After add'l playtime yesterday, it seems to happen everytime when I use the fireball scroll in a crowd rather than directed at one monster.

veteran
veteran
Bug: There's a tip which says "hold CTRL and mouse over enemies to see their stats". That doesn't do anything, and has not done anything in months - ever since Loremaster was changed to identify items. There was nothing wrong with the way Loremaster worked before you could identify items.

Bug: If you equip "Unbreakable" equipment, you get healed. This is not a case of the equipment having healing properties, or the equipment being replaced reducing your health.

[u]Minor Bug:[/b] The pressure plates in the blacksmith's basement don't just start the fireball trap going, if you walk across them repeatedly, you can get the fireball trap to fire repeated shots at a faster rate than normal. Not a big deal, but I'm mentioning it anyway.

Last edited by Stabbey; 08/06/14 12:50 PM. Reason: fireball trap
journeyman
journeyman
I think i found a bug on Madora, when she is in the inn her armor and skin tone don't match at all but when you take her out her skin tone matched.

When you take off her armor when trying to equip the new armor on you get this really nasty looking black underwear when you close by grass or any foliage it would become see through and see the foliage o.o;;;

H
stranger
stranger
H
Found a bug on the skeletal scorcher fight, in the area under the graveyard.
x542 y212

Before the fight I watched him roaming and used the battering ram skill.

2 bugs happened.
Graphical glitch where he did the falling animation a lot, whilst the game switched to turn based.
After that resolved the fight did not spawn the 3 skeletons that I saw on my previous attempt.

veteran
veteran
Major Bug: Having +Constitution and +Health items equipped produces strange effects:

If you have a +1 CON/Health item and are injured, switching tabs between characters heals you for the amount of the bonus. You can repeat this to get up to full health.

There's also an issue with that and Bloodletting: I cast Bloodletting on Roderick, and then used the inventory tab bug to heal him to full. When I next cast it on him, he took a lot more initial damage. (The bleeding damage was minor). Each time I cast it on him he took more and more damage from the initial hit. After I removed his +CON ring, Bloodletting behave normally with repeated casts on him, even without healing.

Originally Posted by Hairytoes
Found a bug on the skeletal scorcher fight, in the area under the graveyard.
x542 y212

Before the fight I watched him roaming and used the battering ram skill.

2 bugs happened.
Graphical glitch where he did the falling animation a lot, whilst the game switched to turn based.
After that resolved the fight did not spawn the 3 skeletons that I saw on my previous attempt.

I had something related: I triggered the fight and the first round, the Scorcher was alone and approached me. The other skeletons only appeared on the next turn.

Last edited by Stabbey; 08/06/14 02:02 PM. Reason: scorcher
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I don't see why that's a bug. It IS a friendly, just under a charm spell. If it was a fellow party member, attacking a charmed party member is not really going to do anything helpful for you. If you want to attack it, that's your own choice.

If its a freindly under a charm spell then its unfriendly. Its attacking me and i have no control over it. Therefore, for the duration of the spell it should be red circled - which would clearly show the change in disposition.

If i want to attack it or not - is my choice, so leaving it to be greencircled and requiring me to use ctr+attack combo is pointless waste of time. I can attack it or decide not to while its red circled all the same.

Point being, i report - for devs to take a look and decide.

Zombie boars bigger fight:

[Linked Image]

I cannot shoot at enemies in the black cloud,...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

But they can shoot me, both the archers and the mages. Not only that but they can shoot straight through that big rock up there.

[Linked Image]

Also, there is a few less headless zombies there this time around. Only two now. There were more of them there.

The archers heal them using ordinary heal spells. That should be killing them instead.

veteran
veteran

If its a freindly under a charm spell then its unfriendly. Its attacking me and i have no control over it. Therefore, for the duration of the spell it should be red circled - which would clearly show the change in disposition.

If i want to attack it or not - is my choice, so leaving it to be greencircled and requiring me to use ctr+attack combo is pointless waste of time. I can attack it or decide not to while its red circled all the same.

Point being, i report - for devs to take a look and decide.

*shrugs* I kinda think the green outline, floating hearts, and "Charmed" status which shows on the side-portraits and mouse-over do a good job showing the change in disposition.

It is possible to save against Charm (and I should check to see if you can Charm them back onto your side). Maybe killing a charmed summon is the best action, but if it's a charmed party member, attacking them is not going to be of any use to you, unless taking damage snaps them out of it. Does it? Hmmm.

Yeah, it is for the devs to decide. That doesn't mean that I can't offer my own opinion.

old hand
old hand
I just love your opinions, of course.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard