Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
No Divinity announcement. A shame. Original Sin WILL be available on gog eventually right?

It should be available day one because it IS an option for the KS backers so I don't see why it wouldn't be sold there too.

A shame this game didn't get any exposure there because I think it REALLY NEEDS some exposure just about now.

Beyond that it's extremely exciting to see all the Withcer 3 stuff and more exciting to see GOG Galaxy....I hope they end up taking over as the main gaming platform on PC so we can forget once and for all about Steam and all forms of DRM.

Also just dropped my preorder for the Witcher 3.

Support
Support

Swen tweeted "Make sure you pay attention to @GOGcom Galaxy!" and a link to GOG's Twitch.tv page...

R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Maybe he was just excited for The Witcher 3.

R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by randir14

I sure am horsey

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Swen tweeted "Make sure you pay attention to @GOGcom Galaxy!" and a link to GOG's Twitch.tv page...

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! YESSSSSS!!!! This is insanely awesome!!! birthdayjump thankyou

But I hope we'll be able to play before Galaxy fully launches. horsey opa

Support
Support

Perhaps. He did say in the D:OS chat about a week ago that they had some very big news related to the lobby list that he couldn't talk about.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I must say I am very intrigued by this gog galaxy client. For the moment my choice of platform for Divinity Original Sin (as KS backer) is STEAM because I made the assumption that this would be the better choice if I were into Multiplayer (sharing DOS with friends and strangers). HOWEVER I prefere gog as platform (for obvious reasons, if you're mostly into singleplayer and digital bonusses) but apparrantly GOG GALAXY will feature something like CROSS PLATFORM, from the introduction video it appears as it's own platform to provide friends, chat, achievements, and a link to other platforms (like steam) as well?

First impressions are a bit vague, therefore, I would very very much appreciate a word from Larian regarding the GOG version of Divinity Original Sin. Are you guys working on integrating it into gog galaxy? Or is this stuff completely new to you as well? Can you keep us updated? Or would you rather have us buy the Vault version? And when's the deadline for my platform of choice at the KS-tab on Larian vault?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

Perhaps. He did say in the D:OS chat about a week ago that they had some very big news related to the lobby list that he couldn't talk about.

Sounds insanely awesome!! But now I'm sort of forced into considering the possibility of changing my KS digital copy of the game from the Vault option to the GOG option.....which makes me feel like a bastard because choosing the Vault is better for Larian but I also feel loyalty for GOG and think they need support too.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I must say I am very intrigued by this gog galaxy client. For the moment my choice of platform for Divinity Original Sin (as KS backer) is STEAM because I made the assumption that this would be the better choice if I were into Multiplayer (sharing DOS with friends and strangers). HOWEVER I prefere gog as platform (for obvious reasons, if you're mostly into singleplayer and digital bonusses) but apparrantly GOG GALAXY will feature something like CROSS PLATFORM, from the introduction video it appears as it's own platform to provide friends, chat, achievements, and a link to other platforms (like steam) as well?

First impressions are a bit vague, therefore, I would very very much appreciate a word from Larian regarding the GOG version of Divinity Original Sin. Are you guys working on integrating it into gog galaxy? Or is this stuff completely new to you as well? Can you keep us updated? Or would you rather have us buy the Vault version? And when's the deadline for my platform of choice at the KS-tab on Larian vault?

Well Galaxy is certainly its own platform, meaning two people that buy the Galaxy version of a MP game would certainly not need any other platform like Seam and so on to play. They distinctly say you won't need ANY third party software to play. But it can also connect to play with players that use other platforms like Steam.

Here, watch this again, it should clear up confusion: http://www.gog.com/galaxy

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, according to this it is certainly possible to share achievements, friends & chat with the upcoming gog galaxy client. But that is no guarantee Divinity Original Sin can be played in multiplayer online: if DOS's network code relies too heavily on Steam it's most likely impossible, unless the galaxy client can account for this as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Well, according to this it is certainly possible to share achievements, friends & chat with the upcoming gog galaxy client. But that is no guarantee Divinity Original Sin can be played in multiplayer online: if DOS's network code relies too heavily on Steam it's most likely impossible, unless the galaxy client can account for this as well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Note Raze's post above regarding what Swen said. It seems like Galaxy is exactly what he was referring to. Developers need access to these things long before the public because the service needs games to launch with.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes, well, nothing has been said about the digital release platforms in the latest kickstarter update. I'm still waiting..

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Developers need access to these things long before the public because the service needs games to launch with.

100% agreed, though, again, rather strange there has been no news at all, and not even GOG has announced Divinity Original Sin yet. I like gog more every day now, bought The Witcher 3 (digital) right after the video stream yesterday and I must admit, I love all the goodies that are included. Wouldn't it be great advertising for both gog and Larian if DOS would be the first game to support the upcoming platform? Then again, we do not even know when galaxy will be released.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yes, well, nothing has been said about the digital release platforms in the latest kickstarter update. I'm still waiting..

Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Developers need access to these things long before the public because the service needs games to launch with.

100% agreed, though, again, rather strange there has been no news at all, and not even GOG has announced Divinity Original Sin yet. I like gog more every day now, bought The Witcher 3 (digital) right after the video stream yesterday and I must admit, I love all the goodies that are included. Wouldn't it be great advertising for both gog and Larian if DOS would be the first game to support the upcoming platform? Then again, we do not even know when galaxy will be released.

Haha, yes I bought the Witcher 3 right after the conference too. But Original Sin can't be the first game, that spot is taken by the Witcher Adventure Game but it can be the second.

As for an announcement, I don't think they'll say anything until the game actually goes up on GOG and at the moment it looks like we'll have to wait until the release date.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
This game has completley flown under the radar. What the hell is going on Larian? You don't have an ad campaign. At all. No one outside of KS will know this even exists. Start hounding GoG and Steam to market your game. Start releasing trailers. Do anything for crapsake. You guys deserve the money.

Last edited by slimgrin; 08/06/14 06:59 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by slimgrin
This game has completley flown under the radar. What the hell is going on Larian? You don't have an ad campaign. At all. No one outside of KS will know this even exists. Start hounding GoG and Steam to market your game. Start releasing trailers. Do anything for crapsake. You guys deserve the money.

I tend to agree, I hope Larian know what they are doing here. They have an absolutely amazing game that deserves enormous success and they are getting no exposure. GOG is marching on a thunder and at E3 the focus will shift fully the Sony vs. Microsoft battle and then the world cup starts immediately as E3 ends and bloody everybody is watching the world cup. They need to do something to gain attention, they haven't said anything about going to E3 and I don't think it would suit them anyway but they have to do something here.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Perhaps the question "Why hasn't gog announced Original Sin yet?" deservers it's own thread. That and "Where're your ADS larian?"

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
edit - wrong thread. Sorry.

Last edited by slimgrin; 09/06/14 06:09 AM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Besides the fact that all the divinity series and Dragon Commander are already on Gog.com, as a Kickstarter backer, I was surprised to see Larian hasn't given the GoG option to the other people. Since it's unlikely for them to keep the GoG option exclusive to the backers, I presume GoG purchase will get available to the public sooner or later. However, even it wouldn't let all the non-backers happy due to some pre-purchase goodies. This feels kind of odd since it must be good for Gog to build the image of supporting indie companies, too. Rather, it wouldn't have surprised me if they had announced Gog release of Divinity at the live streaming along with the Witcher promotion.

Support
Support

Maybe the GOG pre-orders are being timed to coincide with some other announcement... or Larian is just busy enough that they haven't set it up yet.

journeyman
journeyman
i really hope that they will clarify this thing with GOG galaxy before release cuz i hope to play this game with GOG Galaxy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard