Next Thread
Print Thread
O
olje Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
O
Ive heard that there will be 2 main players able to coop, but will the 2 other be able to play as the henchmen?

if so, will they be able to make their own characters, or do they have to use the premade henchmen?

thanks.

Support
Support

Yes, the main campaign can be modded to support 4 players (Larian recently said they tried it that way and it was fun). I don't know about your second question.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The main Campaign wasn't designed to support 4 player coop. This game comes with a modding toolkit, but no one knows how far this goes (remeber the construction toolkits from other games?). It is very possible (actually some Larian Dev mentioned this, but i don't remember where), that you can create 4 player adventures with the toolkit (then you can decide by yourself whether or not they will have to use premade henchmen) by your own.

addict
addict
well now we know that we can create a cow simulator via the toolkit ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
stranger
stranger
I hope the 4 player COOP will get official, not just mod only.

There seems to be no signature down here.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Althalos
I hope the 4 player COOP will get official, not just mod only.

Well Larian has said they intend to support Original Sin for a long time so it's possible but haven't yet said anything in regards to making 4 player coop an official thing so it might happen or it might not.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 13/06/14 12:54 PM.
addict
addict
possibly but after the release if the game is a success

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
stranger
stranger
On that note, how do the henchmen actually work? I have purposedly stayed away from trying out the early access in order to play it spoiler free but I have a big group of friends I want to play with and with the limited co-op we are interested in the whole henchmen deal.

So,

How do we get said henchmen? Can our extra two friends just jump in whenever?

How autonomous are these henchmen? I know they won't be able to interact with NPCs and take part in the dialogue but can they pickpocket? Steal? Move autonomously outside of battle?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Support
Support

Currently companions can talk to NPCs only for trading. They can pickpocket / steal / move the same as the main characters. There are some talents companions can not get, but otherwise they can be developed the same as main characters. I assume henchmen would be the same in that regard.

Link Copied to Clipboard