addict
addict
A
-Bonedust doesn't stack.

A
addict
addict
A
Not sure if it's a bug, but does choosing opposite trait negate your previous choice? I had +1 to Bartering by choosing Egotisical response, but later I chose Altruistic response and now both traits show Trait score:1 but no bonuses to Reputation or Bartering are applied.

A
addict
addict
A
-Kelvania at the market is still confused about charaters gender rolleyes Will this bug ever be fixed, I wonder...

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Not sure if it's a bug, but does choosing opposite trait negate your previous choice?

Yes, that's intentional. One side needs a larger number for a trait to have an effect.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not sure if it's a bug, but does choosing opposite trait negate your previous choice? I had +1 to Bartering by choosing Egotisical response, but later I chose Altruistic response and now both traits show Trait score:1 but no bonuses to Reputation or Bartering are applied.

For any given pair of traits - like Altruistic and Egotistical - you'll rack up points by making choices.

WHichever trait currently has more points? That's the active trait for that character.

• So if you have picked up 2 points in Egotistical, and you add a single point in Altruistic, you still get the Egotistical bonus.
  • If you add a second point in Altruistic, you don't get either bonus.
  • If you add a third point in Altruistic, you get the Altruistic bonus,

This makes it harder to swap out of traits you've invested heavily in, which is actually a good model.

A
addict
addict
A
Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. It's kinda hard to role-play a morally consistent character in this game though, with those haphazard bonuses from traits. I now find myself very carefully considering who will have what abilities at the start of the game, what dialogue choices to select to have a bonus to those abilities, instead of actually role-playing the character I have in mind.

Last edited by Aramintai; 18/06/14 11:34 PM.
Support
Support

Kelvania should be fixed in the release (ie next update).

The way the trait description are written, a tie should go to a specific trait.

C
C
I would love to see 5 or more points in a trait add a 2nd point to the thing it modifies. If I've got plus 5 in Romantic that should give me 2 points in the relevant skill instead of one. This would reward being consistent with your roleplaying choices.

'nut
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by crpgnut
I would love to see 5 or more points in a trait add a 2nd point to the thing it modifies. If I've got plus 5 in Romantic that should give me 2 points in the relevant skill instead of one. This would reward being consistent with your roleplaying choices.

I sort-of agree.

I want multiple points of difference in a trait and its opposite to mean something. I do not think that things such as immunity should be granted from a single point of difference (instead, it should be something like 20% increased saving throws per point difference). I'm just not sure how many times there will be trait choices, and I don't think that only getting a bonus for 1 and 5 points is the best way.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by crpgnut

I sort-of agree.

I want multiple points of difference in a trait and its opposite to mean something. I do not think that things such as immunity should be granted from a single point of difference (instead, it should be something like 20% increased saving throws per point difference). I'm just not sure how many times there will be trait choices, and I don't think that only getting a bonus for 1 and 5 points is the best way.

I'm not a fan of this. Mostly, I dislike the fact that the bonuses already discourage role-playing by encouraging min-maxing. If these bonuses are made even more important, then I fear it's going to create a situation where people are (for example) making a decision from the start to always choose pragmatic over romantic because they absolutely must have the +2 crafting bonus. Let's face it.. +2 to a bonus can get you to a score of 5 and save you 9 ability points per trait. That's ridiculously huge.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. It's kinda hard to role-play a morally consistent character in this game though, with those haphazard bonuses from traits. I now find myself very carefully considering who will have what abilities at the start of the game, what dialogue choices to select to have a bonus to those abilities, instead of actually role-playing the character I have in mind.

This, this, this. I really wish they had done this particular design differently.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyson

I'm not a fan of this. Mostly, I dislike the fact that the bonuses already discourage role-playing by encouraging min-maxing. If these bonuses are made even more important, then I fear it's going to create a situation where people are (for example) making a decision from the start to always choose pragmatic over romantic because they absolutely must have the +2 crafting bonus. Let's face it.. +2 to a bonus can get you to a score of 5 and save you 9 ability points per trait. That's ridiculously huge.

Not for all bonuses, certainly. I agree that getting +1 Ability per point of difference in a Trait would be far too much. I also think getting outright immunity to being cursed from just one point is also too much. I think Traits could use some tweaking, but I'm not too sure exactly what.

Generally though, I do think that going 5-0 from Trait choices should be more meaningful than going 3-2.

P
P
Comments / Observations - Possible Bugs?

- Ranger begins with 3 special arrows; the Wayfarer does not. Both are bow wielding at the beginning. Bug? Design choice?

- I can take the sheep from the coffin, but if I drop it I do not have enough strength to pick it up again. Bug? Does grabbing items from a container not do a strength check? What is the purpose of a strength check when moving items to inventory as opposed to moving them around?

- I can use "Enter" to acknowledge a message from the game (not a chat message), but this also opens the chat window and moves the cursor to it.

- "Read" option in the context menu uses the "Use" icon. Bug?

- Why does using a bow to break something ruin its durability so much? Attacking enemies doesn't appear to do as much durability damage.

- Not all shells can be used for water resistance. Bug?

- Poison cloud looks different that previous versions (worse). It used to look like a diffuse cloud, now it appears more solid.
http://imgur.com/m5gbTEo
Note: Graphic settings are Ultra.

Also, are usability observations okay given how close the June 30 it is?

Observations
- I have to hold shift and then drag an item to split an item stack. I kept trying to shift-click w/o luck as that was implied by the controls menu. Why do I have to shift-drag instead shift-click on a stack to split it?

- If I enable edge panning then I cannot fully rotate the screen as my mouse reaches the edge of screen before I complete the rotation (laptop screen). Can we disable edge panning if holding down 'V' or better yet, assign keys for left/right rotation - 'Q' and 'E' come to mind.

- Only the currently selected party member casts a circle of light. However, I usually look at the whole screen when trying to find something to investigate. But, I cannot see unless I keep switching characters to light up area near them as the other members are usually at the edge of the light. Very annoying. Why not light cast from the whole party? This annoyance is with 4 people in the party.

Support
Support

Poison/steam clouds were changed to make them more visible. Now they need to be tweaked to make them look better.

The game will continue to be updated, so usability feedback is still welcome (especially in the first case, where the description is arguable not accurate).

enthusiast
enthusiast
I only noticed minor things...

-Dragging Money from 1 char inventory to the icon portrait top left makes the money transfer, but disappear completely from inventory view until you check categories to MISC and back (then it reappears in the main inventory (It appears under MISC; but it does not appear in the full inventory view without doing this) and I mean it will NEVER appear in main inventory until you press on that category sorting in your inventory...

Just to be clear, this scared the heebies out of me as I transfered about 28000 gold... and while it said "transfered" I could not find it in my inventory until I clicked MISC.... (Then it re-appeared)

-Why does someone bury empty chests?

Not a bug at all, rather an QoL thing.

-We ought to hold ALT, hover over an "Effect surface" and be told what it is. Yes I know things ought to be visible to begin with, but try telling apart WATER, BLOOD and OIL in a unlit area of a cave...

stranger
stranger
This may not be a bug, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to cook pizza dough. I've tried both interacting with campfires and placing it on top of campfires.

So hungry frown

Support
Support

You can not cook directly on campfires; place a cooking pot there first...
Though for pizza and pie, you need an oven, or something like it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi peoples this is my first post but I have played the Beta 4 times so far.
The last 2 versions have been difficult to play as when you click on the action bar.. if the click is not in the centre it clicks through too the landscape (so many times I've tried to cast a spell and the character moved to the location on the landscape ... effectively wasting the turn)
Also in version 93 I could not enter the force field under the church (I did have the amulet from Evelyn)
I'm not a fan of the new tutorial pop ups and look forward to when they will be optional.
I read a post where a user was not able to enter the city as the Arhu dialogue did not start.(this has happened to me also.)

Last edited by darkelf_; 19/06/14 08:55 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
just loaded up latest update.

I take diary from dead body on beach, read it, my journal updates, but no conversation is triggered between characters. Is this a bug?

apprentice
apprentice
So I just encountered a really weird bug.

North of Cyseal you encounter a group of 1 skeleton priest, a melee and archer skeleton, and a bunch of enraged zombie boars.

Several times now I have started killing zombie boars, which bleed poison on the ground. I then killed them with a fireball, and that started of a interesting bug every single time: The poison on the ground evaporated into a poison cloud with fire underneath, and both poison cloud and fire ground then started to spread over the entire screen (often 10-15 meters in game before it killed my party).

At one of my characters turn I just stood still not doing anything and it still spread killing my entire party. Again this happened every single time I tried the encounter (yes, I could just not use fire, but it is not supposed to spread like that to my knowledge)

Last edited by Gnoster; 19/06/14 03:01 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello. Here are some bug I found. I didn't find any protocol to submit bug reports and images/saves, so I'm gonna dump them here.

- In the harbor, sailors not trying to put out the burning boat
- Still, in the harbor, I crossed the rope with [see hotlink for spoiler]. Is this supposed to work?
- WASD panning:
1 - Pressed A -> pan to the left.
2 - With A *still pressed* I pressed D -> pan to the right
3 - Released D (A is still pressed) -> camera stopped.
Not really problematic, but it feels weird.

- In the SPOILERS Some bugs [SAVES] :
- Artifacts in the map screen. Asthetically speaking, the edges should not be visible. As well as that blob on the right.
- In the save "majora stuck" (or whatsername) aflter killing a "flaming exploding zombie" she got stuck in the middle of the flames. I managed to remove her by using battering ram in her, but then my other character got stuck. Finally removed him by having him use battering ram to safety.
- deeper in the cave, you go up some stairs and have a sequence of traps that SPOILERS. The first fireball on the left hits something (I suspect poison) and starts exploding non-stop, even after turning off the traps. I suppose it is because the poison is being replenished faster than the fire extinguishes itself. Is this supposed to happen? It makes it tricky to turn back if, well, you forgot something smile
- In the "difficult to navigate" I found a spot difficult to navigate after blowing up stuff and the ground being full of debris. I could navigate my characters, one by one. The pathfinding algorithm didn't work.
- Outside the cave, got into a battle ("glitched zombie" save) and got into a fight. Knocked down a zombie, teleported it and he appeared to stop acting. His turn would just timeout.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard