Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#500418 21/06/14 12:35 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hello everyone.
Some of my friends have noticed that there was an opportunity to choose a translation. But I do not even have a tab with language selection.

veteran
veteran
Translations will be available for the full version.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
June 30 game upgrade to the full version and will be able to choose the language?
Hope I will not need to buy another full version of the game to play with Russian translation?

veteran
veteran
Yes, Russian is one of the languages which is coming on June 30th.

Support
Support

And you'll just be able to switch languages as soon as they are available. In the latest kickstarter video IIRC it was mentioned on of the localizations might be delayed slightly, but not which one.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Just great! I do not have the language selection tab and now also editor. What's going on who is to blame - Steam or Larian?
What do I do - really buy another copy of the game? But where is the guarantee that everything will be fine?

Last edited by Pointman; 27/06/14 02:53 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
There is no tab of the Russian language !!!
There is no tab of the Russian language in the properties of the game to the Steam. That is, there is no tab language in the properties of the game. Sorry for my English.

My Friend bought Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition and sent me a second copy of the game. It has tab language in the properties of the game , I don't have. Apparently my copy of the game does not apply to the Russian region. Deal with the problem. I live in Russia.

stranger
stranger
I heard that Russian localization will be delayed. Is that true?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Much of the game has been translated into Russian and operates since yesterday. Dialogues at the beginning of the game exactly on Russian. Part of the interface too. But stopped working save... Hope all is clear, despite the bad English.

Last edited by Eugeen; 28/06/14 11:16 AM.

Espera Dios
stranger
stranger
I have the same "issue" for the FR. I know,I know, the translation is not finished, it's in beta mode until Monday but anyway : why some people have the "LANG TAB" and other not ?

Maybe a Clue : my version is also a gift version by a friend.

Mae.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Maesius
I have the same "issue" for the FR. I know,I know, the translation is not finished, it's in beta mode until Monday but anyway : why some people have the "LANG TAB" and other not ?

Maybe a Clue : my version is also a gift version by a friend.

Mae.

I have the same problem with a copy of the game as a gift .

Developers, can you answer on this issue ?

veteran
veteran
I think somewhere they said that the translations currently up on Steam are NOT FINAL, but are temporary translation bits. If it's not working properly after the full release, then there's likely a delay or other issue.

stranger
stranger
@Stabbbey : it's not a problem of "final" or "not final", it's for RDRGS, PointMan and me we have not the option at all smirk

Mae.

Last edited by Maesius; 28/06/14 01:43 PM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
@Stabbbey : it's not a problem of "final" or "not final", it's for RDRGS and me we have not the option at all smirk

Mae.

I would say: Wait until Monday and if you do not have the option to choose languages on Monday, then you should start to worry and ask about it. Until then it is all still preliminary and in beta.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Elwyn
@Stabbbey : it's not a problem of "final" or "not final", it's for RDRGS and me we have not the option at all smirk

Mae.

I would say: Wait until Monday and if you do not have the option to choose languages on Monday, then you should start to worry and ask about it. Until then it is all still preliminary and in beta.

The problem is not in the release, but that others have this option, but I have some people not!!!! What is not clear! The question - why ? It is likely that it will remain, because for those who bought in Russia the game is already in the game folder Russian language, and I do not. I'm just afraid that it will remain, and the developers don't see the problem. If almost all have a folder with the Russian language, while others do not, it is probably a problem and it can stay on the release. As it seems with the version of copies of the game that we got!!! Sorry for my english .

veteran
veteran
As I said:

Originally Posted by Stabbey
If it's not working properly after the full release, then there's likely a delay or other issue.

Only worry if it's not up after the full release.

G
stranger
stranger
G
People made this thread for the devs to see it, not for you to rise your post count.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Glamour
People made this thread for the devs to see it, not for you to rise your post count.

yeah, curse those guys trying to help out

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by 4verse
Originally Posted by Glamour

yeah, curse those guys trying to help out

Did you read the thread?
Here the people helping are those who pointed out at translations not being available on gift copies of the game, not the guy telling them to wait for release when he has no clue what's being talked about.

stranger
stranger
To go back to the subject smile

I checked with some friends (4x2) who bought Divinity by pack (1 + 1 Gift) :
All Owners can change the language and all dudes with gifts can't.

I think we found something weird with Steam/Larian.

@Lar_q / Raze : can you forward this info to the dev team plz ?

Thx a lot,
Mae.

Last edited by Maesius; 28/06/14 06:11 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard