Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30
B
B
Originally Posted by Blackdot
I just purchased the game on Steam. Whenever I start the game and begin customizing a character, after 10 minutes my laptop shuts down power completely and goes silent. What's going on here?
Device: Acer Aspire 5750G laptop
Processor: Intel Core i3-2310M CPU 2,1GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium

That actually happened to me once - on a PC. And I couldn't turn it on after for a few minutes. I assumed it was an overheating issue, though no other game had ever caused that.

After restarting and since then it hadn't happened.

Support
Support

oKuLLiSt, Yurihime;

Do you have the language for the beta set to something other than English? Other localizations will not be available until release. Check that and try verifying local files.

Blackdot;

Try enabling Vsync, or setting a FPS cap in the options.

Raze #500365 21/06/14 02:03 AM
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Raze

oKuLLiSt, Yurihime;

Do you have the language for the beta set to something other than English? Other localizations will not be available until release. Check that and try verifying local files.

Oh yea, thanks! Steam set default language to Russian, not English ))

W
journeyman
journeyman
W
I'm left-handed and as such, I prefer to remap keyboard controls to the numpad. I've done so via the controls menu and I can see the new bindings I've selected are present and listed properly on the controls screen, the game doesn't actually recognize the numpad properly. Currently, the game engine doesn't differentiate between the number keys on the numpad and the 0-9 number keys above the QWERTY keyboard. For example, I assigned "NUM 8" to the "move camera forward" command yet when I press NUM 8, the game sees this key input as the "8" key above the "U" and "I" keys and then accesses whatever has been mapped to the position 8 slot in the quick bar.

Could you please address this in an upcoming patch?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Hey all,

After starting a new game I can get past the loading screen, but crash +/- 2 seconds into the character creation screen.

-I'm on a 64-bit Windows OS.

-I have verified the game files (Verify integrity of game cache), it said it needed to fix one file, but afterwards I still crash.
I verified it a second time and stated once again it needed to reacquire 1 file. Does that happen automatically? On steam restart? Or need I do a full reinstallation?

-I tried running it through the EoCApp.exe file, to no avail.

-All .exe files are in the exclusion lists of my AVG and Windows firewall.

-I'm also running it as administrator

What can I do?

Last edited by Zaldrohir; 21/06/14 12:43 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
The game will not work correctly on my Eyefinity setup. I get three cloned versions of the game rather than one spanned.

This causes the game to be not exactly playable. Also, since my setup has the three monitors in portrait mode, the game menu disappears off to the right of the screen(s).

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Zaldrohir
I can get past the loading screen, but crash +/- 2 seconds into the character creation screen.

Can you just click on Accept and confirm fast enough to get to the game loading screen with whatever random defaults offered?

Did you try lowering the FPS cap in the options, or enabling vsync?

Raze #500519 21/06/14 11:15 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Can you just click on Accept and confirm fast enough to get to the game loading screen with whatever random defaults offered?

Too little time for that, I'm afraid.

Did you try lowering the FPS cap in the options, or enabling vsync?

Tried that just now, neither seem to have an effect. Tried the lowest FPS cap (10) possible.

Also a reinstall didn't do me much good.

Last edited by Zaldrohir; 21/06/14 11:46 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I am not able to change the resolutions manually or in-game (will default to 800 x 600). The resolutions drop down displays blank. I am using the steam version.

I generated a report.zip using the support tool and it is available here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!NExyFJJQ!Xjzl3SHYRPIb6LvRrelhe4aoLAq_fyHjxHI0Ow4aGNg

Here is the directx diag:

https://mega.co.nz/#!8QJ3kIIL!NN1S6r3x7mpnEHOlqASIAAZM0bIlBUxJADeI3MzqYDw

Some background information on my computer:
I have two 780 gtx sli cards that are running the newest nvidia beta drivers 340.43 . I am using dual monitors (one monitor is 2560 x 1440p running overclocked to 110 hz through the nvidia driver. The other monitor is a 1920 x 1080 monitor running at 60 hz).

I never have had an issue with detecting resolutions before in any other game. (although the first monitor may show at 60hz).

Thanks.

Edit: I just disabled sli and the second monitor screen and it was able to detect the resolutions. I do not think it is SLI. I disabled SLI only and it still didn't detect a resolution. After disabling the monitor afterwards, it was what made it detect the proper resolution.

Last edited by dvize; 21/06/14 11:51 PM.
dvize #500525 22/06/14 12:17 AM
Support
Support

Here is a save with a default Enchanter/Ranger. Try extracting that into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder, and see if you can load it. If that works, but you want different builds, let me know (you can not see all the starting skills or pre-set character builds, but take a look at the stats, talents, etc) and I can upload a different save. That could at least let you play around until the game is released (which should hopefully fix the problem).

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Raze #500526 22/06/14 12:25 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z

Here is a save with a default Enchanter/Ranger. Try extracting that into your '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder, and see if you can load it. If that works, but you want different builds, let me know (you can not see all the starting skills or pre-set character builds, but take a look at the stats, talents, etc) and I can upload a different save. That could at least let you play around until the game is released (which should hopefully fix the problem).

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool.

Email sent.

And oddly enough, the moment I see the two characters... I crash and return to desktop (as with the character creation crash).
I haven't changed the vsync and FPS cap setting either.

Support
Support
the moment I see the two characters... I crash and return to desktop

Well, that seems to eliminate the character creation screen as the problem, anyway (a couple people have had performance problems in character creation, but were fine in the game).

Raze #500573 22/06/14 08:06 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
the moment I see the two characters... I crash and return to desktop

Well, that seems to eliminate the character creation screen as the problem, anyway (a couple people have had performance problems in character creation, but were fine in the game).

Indeed. I'll wait for the support staff now, then. Thanks for the help.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Anyone got issue with game saves? The first save when I enter the game is good and the 2nd save instantly crashes my game. It seems to start somewhere after you entered Cyseal since in my new restarted game before the tutorial, I was able to save many times without the game crashing.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I'm playing on a mac. Any chance the "hot corners" will be automatically deactivated while playing in the final version?
(moving the mouse onto a corner of the screen activate dashboard/mission control etc)

Tianx #501616 26/06/14 05:28 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Tianx
Anyone got issue with game saves? The first save when I enter the game is good and the 2nd save instantly crashes my game. It seems to start somewhere after you entered Cyseal since in my new restarted game before the tutorial, I was able to save many times without the game crashing.

I was able to "get around" this issue by going back to the menu and then reload the game. So every "session" of the game that I started from the Main Menu gets one save and then 2nd one will crash. 100% verified.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I have a question about multiplayer how create game for my friends? when i enter multiplayer option two heroes appear on screnn. When i start a game again both heroes are there and no option to give control to my friend!
My pledge allows beta multiplayer

Support
Support

When you start a multiplayer game, in the character creation screen you can use the Steam overlay to invite a friend, or have them use Join from the main menu (depending on your multiplayer setting). That will allow both of you to customize your own characters.
Once in the game, you can also send an invitation from the Connection Menu (diamond icon top of mini-map). In that case, they will take over the main character that you are not controlling.

Note: there is an update pending which will break saved game compatibility. Current version is 1.0.115, so if you get going before the update goes live, don't play for hours, or next time you start, you'll have to start over.
The release on the 30th will also require restarting.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Thanks a lot - i succeed this quest ))
new to steam...

journeyman
journeyman
I know this has been mentioned before, but I just wanted to get it in written form.

Problem:
Launching the game on a monitor above 60 Hz is not supported.

Steps tried:
* Editing the graphicSettings.lsx does not work, the game will always default to 800x600. Changing other settings does work, but ScreenWidth/Height will not.

* Launching the game at 60 Hz, setting the desired resolution, then switching your monitor to your regular refresh rate (in my case 96), works properly. However you would obviously have to do this every time you launch the game.

Current Solution:
Launch the game with your display at 60 Hz. Switching it back after is up to you.

I'm sure this isn't too high on the 'fix it' list, but anyone who's paid for a monitor above 60 Hz will probably be bothered/put off by having to change settings to launch the game.

Page 27 of 30 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard