Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Diacri Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
There are 2 main MAP issues that have really made this game feel dated, and will need to obviously be implemented.

1 - open and close the MAP window using the same key. click "m" to open map (we have this, then to close it... click "m" AGAIN!!! C'mon! SAME KEY TO OPEN AND CLOSE WINDOW!!!

2 - Change the "custom location marker" system to work on the fly without needing to open the map.
E.g. [THIS IS THE CURRENT SYSTEM THAT SHOULD BE CHANGED...]
I'm Standing at a waterfall and just spoke to a guy about a dog. I realise I'd like to make a personal note and mark this location my map. I need to hit "m" then clicking a short custom map locator button to add a description, then hit "esc" to close window.... This is all just really tedious and makes the pace of the game tooo slow, (please save tediousness to story telling NOT INTERFACE. Slick and FAST INTERFACE, TEDIOUS and DESCRIPTIVE STORYLINE makes good gameplay.

TO SOLVE THIS I PROPOSE THIS NEW SYSTEM - I find place, speak to guy about a dog, I go "wow" this is interesting, I hit "/", I write a quick subject field of what the location is, I can write a note to myself about whats going on, I leave a floating marker in game that i can toggle on or off to see, this marker is also added to the map, in the map i can see a list of all the markers I have made ordered based on the time that I made them, hence I can keep track and maintain a story flow...

C
C
Dude, the game is due in 6 days. Not gonna happen. It sounds like you'll need to write a mod to do this yourself.

'nut

Link Copied to Clipboard