Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Yeah right, the editor can't show because Valve doesn't click on a button ? They need 24 hours ? Lierian really likes to thinks we are stupid asses, don't they.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 27/06/14 06:42 PM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
old hand
old hand
Will you guys please just stop taking the bait from this guy. Seriously, these threads turn into pages of useless bickering while we try to sift for useless information within them. Just ignore and move on, it's good for the soul, trust me.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
912 Offline
stranger
stranger
Anyone else is restarting steam every 5 min to hope for a tool update xd...
*need a beer*

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by 912
Anyone else is restarting steam every 5 min to hope for a tool update xd...
*need a beer*

Every 10-15 minutes...

Tbh though im more expecting to wake up tomorrow and be able to use the editor.

I just want to see which level I can set the max to for characters in the campaign im planning. "epic" levels hopefully

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Cromcrom

Fixed.

Homo homini lupus est
addict
addict
OMG it's there.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Gyson
Sure, Lierian is flawless, as it has always been...They always delivered on time, right, so it can only be valve's fault.
I can't believe I have been checking every 15 minutes this "there by a minute" shit. I hate myself for falling into it again, what a stupid impatient asshole I am.

I think when it gets to the point where Larian is making repeated public statements on *Valve's* site, making it clear that Valve is responsible for the delay, you can feel fairly confident that they're being honest about that. Valve doesn't often let claims like that go unchallenged when they're not accurate, as they have zero interest in being a shield or punching bag for another developer.

While I agree with you that it's probably Valve's fault I can't recall a time a developer posted a claim like this, blaming Valve, and they challenged it. Do you have a specific example of that? Also if they were going to challenge it I'd think they'd need more than several hours to do so. This stuff with the editor is pretty recent, did you expect them to challenge a claim mere hours after it's posted? They're probably not even aware of Larian's comments at this point much less had time to refute them.

addict
addict
OMG it's there.

? does not show up in my steam client

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
912 Offline
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by 4verse
OMG it's there.

? does not show up in my steam client

he is trolling its not there

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yeah right, the editor can't show because Valve doesn't click on a button ? They need 24 hours ? Lierian really likes to thinks we are stupid asses, don't they.

Well you can't even spell "Larian" correctly so what should they think, you're some type of genius?

addict
addict
Yes I was trolling.
Originally Posted by 4verse
should go life any moment. not yet tough

How does it feel, annoucing wrong stuff to people ?

@Diabolus_Musica;
You mean its not Lie-rian ? Duh.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 27/06/14 08:35 PM.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
912 Offline
stranger
stranger
"We're still waiting for Valve to make the Divinity Engine toolkit public, but it looks like they're very busy with the Summer Sale so it might only be on monday. But who knows, they might press that button any time. Until they do, the editor will not be availble to you."

Cromcrom rly.. larian is one of the honest and user friendliest companies out there, they are responding to our threads and change the game according to our needs. They stream regular and are not abusing the alpha/beta prepurchase like so many other companies..
so i say this so politley as i can:Pls go back to wow/diablo3, this forum is nothing for ur kind..

S
stranger
stranger
S
It's rare that I'l sign up to a forum for the sole reason of pointing something obvious out...but Cromcrom,you need to chill out.

It's in Valves hands. This isn't a case of Valve constantly missing a big red button that says activate Editor. Its a case of Valve having to check over what Larian gave them first before they push the metaphorical button.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by 912
larian is one of the honest and user friendliest companies out there, they are responding to our threads and change the game according to our needs. They stream regular and are not abusing the alpha/beta prepurchase like so many other companies..

Like cancelling promised features (cycles), like responding once in a while on these official forums (and sometimes, not a single word for WEEKS). As for changing the game, indded, but certainly not to my needs. Not abusing the alpha/beta preorders, like bargaining 20% off the game the first day of summer deal, while original EA/backers paid the full price ?

However, you are right, I don't really belong to this fanboys forum.

Originally Posted by samuraidino
It's in Valves hands. This isn't a case of Valve constantly missing a big red button that says activate Editor. Its a case of Valve having to check over what Larian gave them first before they push the metaphorical button.

Of course, Lierian didn't know the procedure. everything was alright, and the editor was due "anytime now", except Valve still has to check it all ? Gimme a break. If Lierian is so honnest, why didn't they explain this altogether ?

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
912 Offline
stranger
stranger
Unless we missed something, this really is the last update before release!
27 JUNE - LAR
Hello everybody,

Since something went wrong yesterday with the update and we know plenty of people are planning on playing over the weekend, we decided to do another quick update today, even if it was unplanned. Savegames unfortunately are not compatible, but you should now not have any problems anymore entering the Black Cove.

We're still waiting for Valve to make the Divinity Engine toolkit public, but it looks like they're very busy with the Summer Sale so it might only be on monday. But who knows, they might press that button any time. Until they do, the editor will not be availble to you.

Regarding other languages, don't play them yet. We'll only upload the full translations on release. What you're seeing now are temporary translation files.

Should you encounter any major issues, please let us know in our forums or here in the comments sections.

Thank you for all your support!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Seriously,what are you talking about?

Procedure for something like this is going to be effected when Valve are in their busiest period of the year....

What has Larian to gain from pretending that the Editor is coming,when its not actually? They've shown it in use,they've made he whole game with it, its being held up on Valves end. End of Story

while original EA/backers paid the full price ?

Backers. They BACKED the project. You need to know the difference between a pre order and backing/early access. Early Access and backing are to SUPPORT the development of the game, not just to get a copy of the game.

Im more than happy to back a game for a couple of hundred euro (hey 200ish spent on Wasteland,Pillars of Eterity and Torment each) and I'm not going to complain about them offering a discount to attract people who otherwise wouldn't have backed at the higher levels.

addict
addict
Procedure for something like this is going to be effected when Valve are in their busiest period of the year....

So they shouldn't have arrogantly/noobishingly annouced it would be released on the 26th of june, because it was a lie.
Make it "when its done" next time, like a few really honest companies do sometimes.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
S
stranger
stranger
S
So they shouldn't have arrogantly/noobishingly annouced it would be released on the 26th of june, because it was a lie.
Make it "when its done" next time, like a few really honest companies do sometimes.

Announce dates are for noobs! No one does them anymore,except super dishonest companies....

addict
addict

so you are holding larian responsible for valve's incompetece? if larian has good reason (b/c larian pays valve for it) that valve does what they ought to do, why not announce it?

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
addict
addict
so you are holding larian responsible for valve's incompetece

No, I am holding lierian responsible for lierian's promises. Although I was the one stupid enough to believe them ^^

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard