Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
It's friday, the game will only be activated on Steam on monday, but it's already here : just seen in FNAC/Strasbourg/France : french standard & french collector edition...

...and backers will have to wait for backer editions until the artbook is done ouch

Hey, Swen, why did you exceed the last responsible moment to put the artbook in production ? It could have been printed way before crushing the last game bug, no ? think

[Linked Image]

Dagon - webmaster du Dagon's Lair
https://www.dagonslair.com
Le site des jeux de rôles PC
veteran
veteran
I'm kind of disappointed that kickstarter backers have to wait longer for the box version that customers in shops. frown

WOOS
I don't understand the problem. You get to play the game as soon as it's released. Regular boxes only contain a disk and manual, so it's not like regular customers get anything you get - apart from some cardboard.

Backers are better off than collector's edition buyers too, since backers can play right away while those who have preordered through amazon and similar will have to wait for their boxes to arrive in the mail before they can use the included codes.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Not a huge problem, however, as the Zandalor's Epic Trunks of Intelligence are in the backer box, how can one play without your Epic Trunks of Intelligence ?

More seriously, I backed for the kickstarter box at $95 as there are two steam codes inside and I'd like to play the game with my daughter. So I'll have to wait to get the box as I don't think you can play on two computers with one digital copy (err... maybe I'm wrong with the GOG version : can this one be installed on two computers as there's no DRM ?)

Dagon - webmaster du Dagon's Lair
https://www.dagonslair.com
Le site des jeux de rôles PC
addict
addict
I'd just like to be able to read a manual. I've got the STEAM version and can play around with the Beta, but I would really like to know how some things are supposed to work.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I don't understand the problem. You get to play the game as soon as it's released. Regular boxes only contain a disk and manual, so it's not like regular customers get anything you get - apart from some cardboard.

Backers are better off than collector's edition buyers too, since backers can play right away while those who have preordered through amazon and similar will have to wait for their boxes to arrive in the mail before they can use the included codes.

You underestimate both the effects of holding a collector's edition in your hands and on missing out on something even if it's just for a certain time... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 27/06/14 03:36 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DagonsLair
(err... maybe I'm wrong with the GOG version : can this one be installed on two computers as there's no DRM ?)

Technically possible: yes
Theoretically allowed: no

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by LordCrash; 27/06/14 03:38 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
(err... maybe I'm wrong with the GOG version : can this one be installed on two computers as there's no DRM ?)

Well, if you ordered a KS CE then you have a right to two copies, so I don't see the problem in that case.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

Well, if you ordered a KS CE then you have a right to two copies, so I don't see the problem in that case.

In that case, yes.

But you wouldn't be allowed to give away your second key to someone else later for example. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 27/06/14 05:30 PM.

WOOS
addict
addict
@Halcyon, I backed through KS and also buy the CE via retailers and my CE was shipped today and should arrive tomorrow (blessed be la FNAC^^) so I will have my CE before my KS code meaning I won't have to wait to play on the 30th...

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
K
stranger
stranger
K
I'm kind of disappointed that kickstarter backers have to wait longer for the box version that customers in shops. frown

I would gladly wait had I backed, being a part of something and making it happen means a lot (atleast for me). Kickstarter isn't supposed to be a really early pre-order.

Sadly they launched the KS the week I spent all my video game savings. >.>

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig

Link Copied to Clipboard