Next Thread
Print Thread
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Hey guys,

As you know, Larian released a hotfix yesterday to address the issue with Black Cove not loading. Well I just got to Black Cove with my new savegame and the game crashes when entering Black Cove now!

Before the hotfix, you'd try to enter Black Cove and it would just sit on a blank map with your characters and portraits nowhere in sight, so this is new behavior post-hotfix.

Larian please address this issue. Can anyone else confirm this bug?

Thanks

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I can confirm it. And I saw at least one person in the global chat mentioning it too, so kinda glad it's not just on my end.
Larian pls, I need to play more.

veteran
veteran
Just to be sure, did you validate your files through Steam? Often after a D:OS update, I found that some files didn't validate. I could play the game but had strange bugs and crashes until I validated my files.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Just to be sure, did you validate your files through Steam? Often after a D:OS update, I found that some files didn't validate. I could play the game but had strange bugs and crashes until I validated my files.

Yes I did. Initially 3 files failed to validate but that didn't resolve the issue. Past BETAs have had random crashes for me, usually on quicksave, but this is different as I've tried over 20 times to get into Black Cove in this build and it crashes each time, 100% repeatable.
Originally Posted by Scrubwave
I can confirm it. And I saw at least one person in the global chat mentioning it too, so kinda glad it's not just on my end.
Larian pls, I need to play more.

Thanks for the confirmation, it helps to know it's not isolated to just me.

Larian's response was excellent on the hotfix once I mentioned the first time Black Cove didn't work so hopefully this issue will be no different. That said, it is the weekend so we'll see. Either way they're doing a great job with the support on this title.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 28/06/14 01:20 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Both reinstalled the game completely and verified the files.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Scrubwave
Both reinstalled the game completely and verified the files.

I noticed I had to verify the integrity of the game cache exactly four times before all invalid files went away. I've had this happen with other Steam games too. Still didn't fix the issue with Black Cove crashing though.

I didn't bother reinstalling the game completely, that's what verifying files is for, and I have a bandwidth cap after all. A huge bandwidth cap, but a cap nevertheless.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 28/06/14 01:22 PM.
old hand
old hand
We discovered what the problem is - a file is missing on Steam which is present on our PC's. We'll upload it again and that should solve it. Yoru saves should not be affected.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Lar_q
We discovered what the problem is - a file is missing on Steam which is present on our PC's. We'll upload it again and that should solve it. Yoru saves should not be affected.

Thanks for the quick response! On the weekend no less. You guys are the best. No I really mean that. Here's to hoping your game does as good as it DESERVES to do. I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time, at least several years.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Cheers guys, thanks for fast answer.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
CONFIRMED fixed now, thanks very much Larian!

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica

I like how polite you are to the devs, but have been talking shit and raging in global chat for quite some time.

D
stranger
stranger
D
That is a bit hilarious. He was on last night talking shit as well, but at least the squeaky wheel got the grease!

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by chimp
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica

I like how polite you are to the devs, but have been talking shit and raging in global chat for quite some time.

You're thinking of someone else, I haven't been in global chat in-game.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 28/06/14 07:29 PM.
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Doozie
That is a bit hilarious. He was on last night talking shit as well, but at least the squeaky wheel got the grease!

Even if this was true I fail to see how being rude to one person then nice to another, would be hilarious in any way. What's "hilarious" about that situation exactly?

Link Copied to Clipboard