Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi All,

I bought the game on Steam during the first day sale -- put about 3-4 hours in just to check it out.

I tried to load it up again today, but it won't even start up at all. The Windows cursor spins, Steam's little window pops up saying "Preparing to Launch DOS"...then the window closes, nothing happens, and it starts the whole thing starts over again (cursor spins, window loads and closes) in an endless loop until I shut down the process (EOCApp.exe) in the task manager.

I should note: I was able to load the game yesterday after the new patch (I wanted to see if the editor was in yet). It's only today that it started happening. When I booted up Steam today, I noticed DOS was doing something (syncing, maybe?) and the name was in yellow text. But the yellow text eventually hit 100% and the name turned white again, so I figured it was safe to load up. (Still, I'm wondering if I interrupted some hotfix/update/save-sync and now it's acting funny?)

I uninstalled and re-installed the game to see if that would fix it, but the issue persists.

I'll e-mail the support account now, but I thought I'd raise the issue here in case anyone has encountered it before. (Also, I should note I ran the reporting tool, and everything came out green.)

Thanks for your help!

oXis #502331 28/06/14 05:26 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by oXis
I have a little issue with the sound. I have echoes, it's quite disturbing.

I thought I would be the only one having this issue! I'm experiencing the same echo effect.

The echo effect which usually only applies when visiting areas like caves is applying to every area and every sound in the game, including music and even the start menu.

When entering caves or the like, the echo effect is applied twice which results in more ugly sound.

Even when turning down all sounds in the options menu to zero, the echo effect of the muted sounds still plays.

oxxgen #502350 28/06/14 06:34 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Homestead no longer loading up for me after the latest download of patch this morning. The game crashes as soon as the screen showing "Loading Homestead"

Tianx #502354 28/06/14 06:56 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Tianx
Homestead no longer loading up for me after the latest download of patch this morning. The game crashes as soon as the screen showing "Loading Homestead"

Was about to now enter Homestead without crash after verifying the integrity of the game on Steam. Strangely, I didn't do anything to the game cache at all.

Tianx #502360 28/06/14 07:31 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T

Was about to now enter Homestead without crash after verifying the integrity of the game on Steam. Strangely, I didn't do anything to the game cache at all.

For some strange reason, every time I get into homestead. I have to verify the game cache again, downloading a 2.2kb file and then be able to enter Homestead again without crashing. Definitely reproducible 100% bug. What's this 2.2kb file that I am constantly downloading?

Raze #502384 28/06/14 09:32 PM
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes, other people have that issue with shadows (it is more apparent in some places than others, and some don't notice it at all). I don't know if there will be any options added.

I think some people don't notice it because some people use WASD to move the camera and click where they want to go, if you hold M1 to move (which slows the camera down), anywhere that has shadows it becomes glaringly obvious, and, of course, the more shadows there are the worse it looks.

ANY WAY to remove the shadow quality dipping or being able to change at what distance from the camera the shadow quality lowers would be absolutely amazing.

Tianx #502387 28/06/14 10:02 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T

For some strange reason, every time I get into homestead. I have to verify the game cache again, downloading a 2.2kb file and then be able to enter Homestead again without crashing. Definitely reproducible 100% bug. What's this 2.2kb file that I am constantly downloading?

K, finally figured out the file that keeps failing to valid is network.txt in the "Shipping" folder. For some reason, this cause the game to crash once it gets overwritten. Quick save seems to be okay but auto-save will bug out the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi there,

My game has started displaying an error when I attempt to save.

"Savegame failed (copy to levelcache failed) Please report this"

This happens when using quicksave.

I am running the game on a Macbook Pro Retina 15" OSX 10.9.4. The game version is BETA v1.0.136.0

I have just entered the section behind the hidden door in the tomb at the very start of the game. I have successfully used both save and quicksave before.

I can't provide output from the suggested tool as I am running OSX.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Last edited by MrSes; 29/06/14 01:22 AM.
MrSes #502417 29/06/14 01:35 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by MrSes
Hi there,

My game has started displaying an error when I attempt to save.

"Savegame failed (copy to levelcache failed) Please report this"

This happens when using quicksave.

I checked the save games and I had quicksave_0-4 (so 5 quick saved games).

I deleted all 5 quick saves and I can now quick save again.

I quick saved the game successfully 5 times and then I get the error again. Looks like I am limited to only having a maximum of 5 available quick saves.

I went back and cleared out QuickSave_1 and QuickSave_3 (leaving QuickSave_0, QuickSave_2 and QuickSave_4) I can then save once (QuickSave_1) and then I get the error if I try and quicksave again (so I have QuickSave_0, QuickSave_1, QuickSave_2 & QuickSave_4).

Also I just attempted to do a save (not quick save) over an existing game and received the same error message.

Hope this helps

Last edited by MrSes; 29/06/14 01:39 AM.
MrSes #502420 29/06/14 01:54 AM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by MrSes
Looks like I am limited to only having a maximum of 5 available quick saves.

In the options you can increase the number of quick/auto saves kept up to 25, which will at least help mitigate the problem.

apprentice
apprentice
Game window zoom in/out needs to be mapable to keys. Using touchpad zoom with some laptops doesn't work, for whatever reason. If you can fix the underlying cause & get the touchpad zoom working, even better.

I mostly come at night...mostly.
Support
Support

The camera zoom hotkeys on PC are Page Up and Page Down.

Raze #502478 29/06/14 09:22 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

The camera zoom hotkeys on PC are Page Up and Page Down.

DOH! I looked under key mappings & couldn't see anything. Cheers!

I mostly come at night...mostly.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
4k resolution causes some text to be blurry and/or clip. Any fix for this? Any 16:9 resolution lower than 4k seems fine. =/

apprentice
apprentice
ONSCREEN Text "m" and "q" is missing ... and sometimes other alphabetic characters are also missing !

Having German OS and keyboard settings ... but game set to english as german translation is missing !

ANY CLUE HOW TO FIX THIS ?

Happened in BETA also and yes I have the last drivers for my OS !
Thanks

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm still having to manually change the resolutions in the graphics settings file, since I only have 1 option available in the main menu (my desktop resolution)

I have tried deleting the file, fullscreen, windowed, fake fullscreen, etc. This was happening in beta as well but I put it off hoping it would magically be fixed smile

EDIT: SOLVED!
Apparently people have had this problem before. You have to change your monitor/screen to its default refresh rate, and the options appear.

Last edited by Eshestun; 01/07/14 12:52 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Sir Flash Aron
ONSCREEN Text "m" and "q" is missing ... and sometimes other alphabetic characters are also missing !

Make sure you do not have anti-aliasing forced in your video drivers.

old hand
old hand
When overwriting a Saved Game, the two dialog boxes will move back to default position.

T
stranger
stranger
T
My wife and I are playing a mutliplayer game together (bought the game today on Steam), and she is unable to see certain environmental effects (poison or fire on the ground, etc), and now we are in Zixzax's observatory with the giant telescope and all she can see are stars with a few braziers and the waypoint portal.

We both have AMD cards, she just updated her drivers to see if that was the issue. Our graphics are all the same as well. I had her verify integrity of game cache, no dice, so she re-installed the game and is still having this issue.

SS:
http://i.imgur.com/woOB0qx.jpg?1

Support
Support

Check that anti-aliasing is not being forced in her video card drivers. That can cause problems with text and textures (particularly in the End of Time).

Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard