Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Garod Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi Laria,

Been following this since day 1 of the KS, and feel very invested in this game I and many folks backed significantly.
I'm not sure if you can let us know if the initial sale of D:OS has met your expectations or not. I'm not looking for any figures etc, but just a bit of an opinion if the game is doing the way you hoped/expected it to do.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
M
stranger
stranger
M
I don't think it is selling that well. No one I know even knows the game exist when I talk about it.Plus with all the delays and certain things like no AI personality or companions people are dissapointed

veteran
veteran
aren't you the most constructive person ever. lots of people have acquired the early access and besides, reviews aren't out yet.
Give it at least 14 days.

old hand
old hand
I think it's doing okay. RPGs spread by word of mouth and sales build over time.

Per Steam Charts:

Last 30 Days 424.7 +239.1 +128.80% 1,777
May 2014 185.6 -74.4 -28.61% 392
April 2014 260.0 +205.8 +380.12% 872
March 2014 54.1 -75.1 -58.09% 156

The right most number is Peak players and the left most number is average. As you can see it's going up considerably with the steam sale.

old hand
old hand

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Turnbased RPGS they said. Turnbased RPGs are archaic they said.

EAT SHIT Action RPG fans.

enthusiast
enthusiast
This can also give you an indication

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kromgar
Turnbased RPGS they said. Turnbased RPGs are archaic they said.

EAT SHIT Action RPG fans.

ROTFL - I'm lov'n it! hahaha

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
Originally Posted by Lotrotk
This can also give you an indication

Wow, this is simply great!!!!!

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey I'm all for rpgs doing great since they are mostly all I play. But those charts showing 12,000 people playing on release day isn't really a lot in the grand scheme of things. Even failures like final fantasy 13 had millions sadly since this game is better than that one

old hand
old hand
First off, Steam is only one source of information. There are a lot of anti-DRM people who don't use Steam... I'm actually only of them but it was the only way to play the beta.

You also have Digital downloads from Good Old Games and then regular retail outlets.

In the United States, the 30th is a Sunday. People generally buy games on a Friday night and play them over a weekend, not on a Sunday.

We also have the 4th of July on Friday coming up where many companies and businesses (other then shopping stores) will be closed on the 4th, 5th, and 6th of July. Though many people will be at 4th of July picknicks, they might get the game on the 3rd of July (Thursday) and play a little as that will be the end of the work week.

If the game doesn't do well over the 4th of July weekend, then I'd be worried about it. At least with a Sunday release, the game should hit all stores in the U.S. before Thursday for people to buy.

Main holidays where most people get a free day off school/work:
Memorial Day (May)
4th of July
Laborday (September)
Thanksgiving (Last Thur in November, Often Friday is a day off too)
Christmas
New Years - (Holiday is more for drinking then video gaming)

Last edited by LightningLockey; 01/07/14 04:34 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey check out this funky thing I found. It may be relevant to the OP's interests... Steam Top Sellers comparison

I can't vouch for its accuracy, just something I found on the net.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
addict
addict
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
In the United States, the 30th is a Sunday.

Actually, the day is the same, regardless of location, and it was actually Monday, not Sunday. wink

veteran
veteran
Well, the game is still #1 on Steam right now. That's at least a positive thing. smile

And we should acknowledge that almost no review appeared so far. So a lot of people might not even know much about the game or they just wait for reviews to tell them whether the game is good or not.

WOOS

Link Copied to Clipboard