Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I wouldn't try adding any of these keys just yet. Game won't be released until around 10AM PST on Steam anyway (normal roll-over time for Steam every day), so I would just give Larian some time to sort everything first before trying to add any keys that may or may not be correct.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nightblaze1
Lol, so confused! Is the game fully released now or what? :P

No, but later today (10am PST/10pm CEST).

WOOS
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
They just fixed it. Got 2 full keys under "Product keys" tab

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Well the image just updated to the full release image. So I went ahead and copied/pasted the new key onto steam over the top of the one I just started downloading - it said I already own the game... So I am guessing it was and still is the full release version as it didn't start doing a new download or anything.

Also, my download for the full game is 7.2gb - can anyone confirm that that is the size of their full release version?

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Ok, I have also a problem with my keys:

My tier has a physical copy of the game + 1 additional digitial key.
Furthermore I have selected as an add-on one additional copy of D:OS - so altogether, I should get one physical copy + 2 digital keys on Larian Vault. However, there is only one digital key for my add-on on Larian Vault, but no key for the other digital copy.

G
G
tried using my steam key from vault then going to activate, but it's unfortunately not working for me. I still enter the beta

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Garod
tried using my steam key from vault then going to activate, but it's unfortunately not working for me. I still enter the beta

Same for me.
Steam says that I already have this game and gives me the option to install the beta.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
The images updated and I now see them listed under "Product Keys", which they previously were not.

However, these are still the same beta keys. The keys themselves have not been changed even though their appearance has.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by Tommyhawk
Same for me.
Steam says that I already have this game and gives me the option to install the beta.
That's because game is not released on Steam yet (but keys are totally valid)

G
G
On the plus side Larian has fixed my keys, now have 2 keys for DOS smile so they are working quickly on this it seems smile gj Larian !!!
Now possibly we have to wait for steam to update on their side.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Can you tell me if what you are trying to install specifically identifies itself as a beta? Does it actually say beta?

The one I am downloading now does not say beta on it. However, going to the store page - it still identifies as Early Access.

In my download list, all it has is the icon of the game - downloading 7.2gb and just says Divinity: Original Sin.

veteran
veteran
Guys the state of the game won't change before 19pm CEST/10am PST. Just wait... wink

WOOS
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Can you tell me if what you are trying to install specifically identifies itself as a beta? Does it actually say beta?

The one I am downloading now does not say beta on it. However, going to the store page - it still identifies as Early Access.

In my download list, all it has is the icon of the game - downloading 7.2gb and just says Divinity: Original Sin.

The Beta did not identify itself as such in the Steam interface in any way. I suspect that it what you're downloading, as the full game will not likely be available until after Steam's daily roll-over at 10AM PST

Also, even though my Larian Vault account has been updated graphically as those above have stated, the keys have not. They are still the same Beta access keys even though they are not identified as such

old hand
old hand
If you go to the kickstarter comments section you can see the following:

Creator Larian Studios LLC 21 minutes ago

+GOG keys are coming.
+If you had a duo key, then that key will transition into a full game too (because you are entitled to two games)

We're finishing the Kickstarter update - it should be up shortly. Bottom line -> Your Steam Early Access key will transform into the full key. If you do not want a Steam key, you'll be able to destroy it on the Vault and get a GOG key instead. More in the update.

So shockingly Larian didn't tell us about this change. Oh well. Better late than never.

Last edited by SniperHF; 30/06/14 12:37 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Phenomen
Originally Posted by Tommyhawk
Same for me.
That's because game is not released on Steam yet (but keys are totally valid)

Good to know, thanks.
Guess we'll just have to wait for Steam to do their job now.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Uhuh... I'm am just going to test my luck and hope that what I am downloading is the final game. The main reason for this, is because I will be going to be soon, so when I wake up in the morning the download will be finished. This is better than waiting, and starting the download tomorrow. Either way - if what I am downloading now just turns out to be the beta, then I will have to start another download fresh in the morning anyway. :P

old hand
old hand
Uhuh... I'm am just going to test my luck and hope that what I am downloading is the final game. The main reason for this, is because I will be going to be soon, so when I wake up in the morning the download will be finished. This is better than waiting, and starting the download tomorrow. Either way - if what I am downloading now just turns out to be the beta, then I will have to start another download fresh in the morning anyway. :P

My understanding is that the EA version will be updated with the rest of the files. So you will probably only have part of the game downloaded.

veteran
veteran
The existing keys will not be revoked. It makes the transition a lot easier. We indeed planned originally to destroy them but since the large majority wants a Steam key, that doesn't really make sense as you would have to re-download everything (10GB). That's why we adapted our approach.

From Larian on kickstarter 30 mins ago! smile

WOOS
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by SniperHF

My understanding is that the EA version will be updated with the rest of the files. So you will probably only have part of the game downloaded.

Ah, you may be right... I wonder if to download the entire game, it can just go on top of what I download... Since, apparently the full game will be 10gb as per below.

Originally Posted by LordCrash
The existing keys will not be revoked. It makes the transition a lot easier. We indeed planned originally to destroy them but since the large majority wants a Steam key, that doesn't really make sense as you would have to re-download everything (10GB). That's why we adapted our approach.

From Larian on kickstarter 30 mins ago! smile

Maybe, my un-educated method of downloading it now will pay off - so then tomorrow I will only have to download the last 2.8gb?

old hand
old hand

Maybe, my un-educated method of downloading it now will pay off - so then tomorrow I will only have to download the last 2.8gb?

Yep. Download away. 2.8gb is much better than the full 10. Well it might be a little more than 2.8 due to some of the old files being changed but you get the idea.

Last edited by SniperHF; 30/06/14 12:52 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard