Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Does anyone know when reviews for the game will be out?

I assume Larian sent the review copies out too late for any proper journalist to do a proper review by time of launch, but hopefully some positive reviews within a week or two could really help push sales.

Just a first impressions video like Total Biscuit's "WTF Is" and Giant Bomb's "Quick Look" could really help visibility for the title.

addict
addict
i do hope Total Biscuit likes the game. Would surely be a huge boost to sales. He liked the pre-alpha though

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
previews were enthusiastic..

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I'd sell my soul for Totalbiscuit and Jesse Cox co-op Divinity Original Sin

veteran
veteran
I think here's one of them in Polish: http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2014-06-30-divinity-grzech-pierworodny-recenzja

The score:
9 / 10

enthusiast
enthusiast
Edit - Ninja'd

Last edited by Robcat; 30/06/14 01:50 PM.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
The previews have been very positive, and I think that has helped the sales a lot already. Many people still like to wait for proper reviews to come out before making their decision, as previews haven't always been indicative of the final quality of a game. And who knows, maybe the last 3/4ths of the game aren't as good as the beta. But I doubt that.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
@Stabbey: Good find.

They must have played through the game very quickly or intensely, though.:

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/481222480418578432

old hand
old hand
It's almost unanimous from here to Steam Forums to general gaming comments that players are really happy with this game. That's the best rating.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by lordsummerisle
@Stabbey: Good find.

They must have played through the game very quickly or intensely, though.:

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/481222480418578432

Reviewers have started playing games comprehensively now? When did this happen?

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
veteran
veteran
I hope AngryJoe will make a review. I couldn't care less about TB, that arrogant snob...

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Haha, Angry Joe is one of the few who does play them thoroughly. I have very different tastes in games to him but I still enjoy his reviews. I love his honesty, integrity and passion. He is upfront about his biases and always gives a wealth of info, both pros and cons, that should help anyone deciding if a game is for them.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I hope AngryJoe will make a review. I couldn't care less about TB, that arrogant snob...

I really appreciate AJ's reviews, but I don't think that turn based is something he is really interested in based on what he reviews most.

But he did do a preview a long time ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5OmughidWo

Last edited by LeBurns; 30/06/14 03:47 PM.
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by LordCrash

While AngryJoe didn't pan the game on his preview play through with Swen, I think that is because Swen was there to hand hold him. I think if AngryJoe had been left to his own "methods", you would likely have gotten a different take on the game. Swen hinted at this in his blog write up about the media and them not "getting it" concerning the game.

So, AngryJoe isn't someone I would go to if I were interested in a detailed objective review of D:OS's gaming system and story.

Personally, I find browsing through the Metacritic user reviews over time useful as eventually, someone gives an honest,objective, and detailed review in there. I don't bother with the critics as if you do some research into their scores, you can tell they are either paid off or scared of losing early review access. Just look at Dragon Age 2 and you see right there that critics are pointless.

Last edited by Tanist; 30/06/14 03:59 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not sure. AJ may surprise us and really dig the game. He might not appreciate all the nuances someone more familiar with the genre would... yet perhaps he'd really like the combat and elemental stuff, or enjoy the freedom of the game, or get off on the possibility of going on a murder spree after stealing everything not nailed down in a village...

I certainly wouldn't rely on him, or any single source, to form my opinion on D:OS or any game, yet he usually provides at least some good insights into whatever he reviews.

old hand
old hand
If I listen to anyone with any regularity on Youtube, it's Worth a Buy.

veteran
veteran
Angry Joe is a HUGE board game and card game fan. He is also a HUGE XCOM fan and both the old and the new XCOM games are two of his favorite games and both are true turn-based game. Everyone who claims that Joe doesn't like turn-based games doesn't know much about him... wink

Gamespot review won't appear that soon. Kevin VanOrd just got the game today like everyone else...

Last edited by LordCrash; 30/06/14 04:27 PM.

WOOS
R
stranger
stranger
R
Also don't forgot that AJ was one of the few reviewers that really got Dragon Commander.

AJ mad be looking and acting like a typical action gamer.
He not a (insertgenre) Gamer is a only a GAMER.

addict
addict
Actually this review, done on the latest beta, is the best I've seen yet, but TBH I've not heard of the reviewer before, and it's more of a 'What Is' vid than a review. But it is an EXCELLENT review of the game and what you can do in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDaYWfqJD3g

X
apprentice
apprentice
X

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard