Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Originally Posted by shmerl
...Will non backers be able to buy the game soon, or it will be available only at later date? If I understood GOG representatives right, non backers will have to wait 2 more months in order to be able to buy the game on GOG. Is this correct?
I'd second this - it seems very odd for a DRM-free KS game not to be made publicly available on a key DRM-free games store, and a bit of a kick in the teeth for backers who supported on the premise of it being DRM-free.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I was curious to know if purchasing this game on steam while it was in beta counted towards getting the kickstarter reward or not? and if so how do I link my steam purchase to the vault?

veteran
veteran
I have to admit that this two month delay for non backers feels like a low blow. Hell even this one day delay for backers is starting to feel a bit like an underhanded plot to not so subtly shove us towards Steam. And all this gets dropped on us without warning on the supposed release day. As a GOG and DRM-free supporter this all feels a bit like a kick in the gut. Not to mention the Larian Vault version of the game was quietly and indefinitely postponed, cancelled maybe. I understand Larian are a small team and all that, hell I even understand Steam Early Access is great for Larian but it seems like this is all going a bit far now. All these things might have been taken in a more positive or understanding light if you didn't just drop them on us on the damn release day without any bloody warning.

I am slightly upset over this whole mess with Alpha/Beta keys and GOG keys and the damn discs being Steam.....I am genuinely starting to feel like us non-Steam users are being treated as completely expandable(again, this wouldn't have been as bad if clearly and openly communicated more in advance). I am feeling a lot of things right now, but these questions have been hanging over the GOG and DRM-free release for well over a month but instead of communicating that there might be an issue and openly saying there might be a significant delay all was kept quiet and the questions ignored.

The biggest problem I see right now is that I don't understand WHY the public release of DOS on GOG has to wait for GOG galaxy and who's imposing this delay, Larian or GOG? Now I do agree original Sin has been lacking exposure and a proper fanfare and wide exposure as part of GOG Galaxy's initial release would do Larian a lot of much deserved good and all would be completely understandable and forgivable but please, TALK TO US Larian, when you leave us in the dark and then pull the proverbial rug from under our feet THAT's when things start to look very shifty and the worst kind of backlashes happen.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 01/07/14 12:41 AM.
veteran
veteran
Anyone notice the GOG version of Original Sin is only going to be 6.4 GB as opposed to Steam's 10GB so what gives? Where's the difference coming for? We're talking of a whooping 3.6 GB extra and that's not the game tool either seeing as that's a separate download. Also what's the deal with the GOG release of the game tool. I am really not in the mood for any more surprises so speak up Larian because so far it's been nothing but kick in the balls after kick in the balls without warning for GOG and DRM-free users.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
3.6 GB of multiplayer related code? That's quite some client / server there.

But really, folks. If you could at least communicate this issue properly, users could understand. Stuff happens, there are contracts / obligations whatever. But at least you can tell us what is going on. Dropping these news of "wait for two more months" without any clarification / warning in advance was really not nice.

Last edited by shmerl; 01/07/14 12:55 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi. Thought I'd join the discussion. Like many of you I choose GOG as my platform of choice. What I'd like to hear from Larian is - When will the game be available/announced at GOG? Are there going to be any differences between the GOG and Steam versions? Because it was never actually clarified and everybody just assumed that they were the same.

R
stranger
stranger
R
The hell? So yesterday it said to wait for the new release keys. I had two alpha/beta keys and what, did these just auto-convert? I let another friend try out the alpha/beta to see if he liked it because I had the two release keys (or so I thought) for myself and a friend. So now I'm out a copy because of this. You've got to be joking. Why the hell did you guys put "the alpha/beta version will become unusable" on the Larian Vault kickstarter page when you were just autoconverting the keys? What was the point of the 4 sets of choices (2 for alpha/beta and 2 for release).

And how long are we talking before I can "recall" the other key? A month?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hello,
Despite filling out the requested areas for the kickstarter backer page (albeit I don't remember if I used my user name Deiser or my real name), I checked the backer listing and credit page and I am not listed under either my username nor my real name. I did fill out the portions when they were available, so I'm pretty upset that I was not included in the list (or are dragon backers listed somewhere else?).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Deiser00
Hello,
Despite filling out the requested areas for the kickstarter backer page (albeit I don't remember if I used my user name Deiser or my real name), I checked the backer listing and credit page and I am not listed under either my username nor my real name. I did fill out the portions when they were available, so I'm pretty upset that I was not included in the list (or are dragon backers listed somewhere else?).

Mine isn't listed either.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Mine is listed under credits, but im not listed in backer listing lol... oh well...

Btw, im a backer but my bag at the start of the game is empty, i dont have the dlc stuff like pants, engraving tools, kickstarter potion etc etc... And also my message in bottle says Thanks for backing, im 100% positive i filled up all the KS details needed... Anyone knows a solution?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hey guys, GOG just issued a statement that said that D:OS will appear on GOG on 31st of August.
GOG statement

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Das_qDr
Hey guys, GOG just issued a statement that said that D:OS will appear on GOG on 31st of August.
GOG statement

Yes, they made it half a day ago. That was the reason why people are asking for clarification from Larian. What is this about? Why can't non backers buy it on GOG already now?

apprentice
apprentice
GOG statement
You clearly misunderstood that post. GOG galaxy will launch on that date, not DOS... laugh

P
stranger
stranger
P
Dear Larian Team,

I'm one of the people that fall under #4. I gave away my alpha/beta keys. I thought it would be a good thing to do to promote a game that I thought was going to be amazing, to promote a project that I was supporting with my money.

You said that the keys would expire:
http://www.gog.com/forum/divine_divinity_series/divinity_original_sin_alpha/post8

You made it look like giving them away was a good idea:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/divinity_original_sin_beta_key_giveaway_steam/page1

And then you suddenly changed your mind and decided to keep the alpha/beta Steam keys.
And I couldn't get my two GOG keys.

The end of it is that I sat here yesterday waiting, seeing the different Steam issues being resolved and then being told that I have to wait until today for my problem to be worked on. In the meantime I could have watched Swen playing D:OS in Twitch while I was not able to play the game I supported, the game that already had my money.

I'm really sad that this is the way you decided to treat this issue, I'm really sad that you didn't go the extra mile to solve the problem (that you caused by changing your mind about the keys) yesterday.

Best regards,
Piran Jade

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Alrond
GOG statement
You clearly misunderstood that post. GOG galaxy will launch on that date, not DOS... laugh

Well...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post77

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Piran Jade
GOG statement

Well...
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post77

I stand corrected. This does indeed make little sense and won't help GOG sales. Not like this is a mp only title that "requires" that component to play.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
[b]
4) if you gave away your steam code, we are implementing a system on larianvault.com to recall your key and get a new one. Again, keep an eye on this forum post or check out kickstarter : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/posts/894881

Does anyone know when this feature will come? Or this is already available and I can not find it.

old hand
old hand

I stand corrected. This does indeed make little sense and won't help GOG sales. Not like this is a mp only title that "requires" that component to play.

Yup, it's a puzzler. I think Larian is just being overly paranoid based on their Dragon Commander experience. The key difference being MP is a more critical component to an RTS than an RPG.

Also they are probably not all that interested in trying to release a flood of patches during the first wave of release with GOG's notorious feet dragging. If Larian rapid fire releases 3 patches in 2 weeks GOG might not even get the first one up by the time the 3rd one is done.

Originally Posted by Faldern

Does anyone know when this feature will come? Or this is already available and I can not find it.

Still waiting here, it's not available yet.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm also not listed in the Kickstarter Backers nor do I have the potion or underpants. I did find the message-in-a-bottle, though.

Should my physical copy have turned up yet?

J'aime le fromage.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
... As a GOG and DRM-free supporter this all feels a bit like a kick in the gut. Not to mention the Larian Vault version of the game was quietly and indefinitely postponed, cancelled maybe. I understand Larian are a small team and all that, hell I even understand Steam Early Access is great for Larian but it seems like this is all going a bit far now. All these things might have been taken in a more positive or understanding light if you didn't just drop them on us on the damn release day without any bloody warning. ...

I've seen a lot mentioned about the Steam and/or GOG key issues but this is first mention of the Larian Vault version I've encountered. Originally there were three choices for digital download: Steam, GOG and Larian Vault. I had selected the Vault thinking that would be more beneficial to Larian. Not that it makes a difference to me now with the Vault choice gone but I'm curious to know the reason why it was removed and if it will be coming back as a choice anytime soon. Maybe when the craziness dies down for Larian, Sven can put on his blog a game post-mortem of DOS.

BTW, just checked the Vault as of this writing and I can select GOG or Steam for both my copies of DOS. It's going to be GOG since I don't like the Steam DRM philosophy and as stated above there is no Vault option.

Edit:
Reason why Vault option was removed:
https://www.kickstarter.com/project.../comments?cursor=6958986#comment-6958985

Last edited by lf_user; 01/07/14 10:06 AM. Reason: Added link to why Vault option was removed.
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard