W
wibble Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Those who want GOG.

What the fuck is going on?

Well, Larian this is a piss poor launch for us and your final update is just a punch in the dick.

Are you the trangressors AGAIN?.. You know, your organisational skills suck fucking arse....It is as I thought, fuck everyone who doesn't use Steam.

How the fuck do you think you can get away with screwing with our release date just so you can support GOG Galaxy, THAT WE DIDN'T ASK FOR... All that shit should have been done on YOUR fucking time not ours. You have to patch the fucking game anyway because you've missed a whole bunch of shit out, and the bugs...So why not do all that shit then, patch it in later.. INSTEAD OF DISSAPPOINTING YOUR CUSTOMERS AGAIN.

Any more bullshit we have to deal with?.. hmm? Just while I'm here..? Any more shit you've left out? Any more problems with CE?

Anything....? You know just so I'm prepared.

veteran
veteran
Looks like us poor GOG users will have to wait until tomorrow as per a new comment from Larian in the comments of today's update. Tomorrow still works for me fortunately so for now I remain calm.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by wibble
Those who want GOG.

What the fuck is going on?

Well, Larian this is a piss poor launch for us and your final update is just a punch in the dick.

Are you the trangressors AGAIN?.. You know, your organisational skills suck fucking arse....It is as I thought, fuck everyone who doesn't use Steam.

How the fuck do you think you can get away with screwing with our release date just so you can support GOG Galaxy, THAT WE DIDN'T ASK FOR... All that shit should have been done on YOUR fucking time not ours. You have to patch the fucking game anyway because you've missed a whole bunch of shit out, and the bugs...So why not do all that shit then, patch it in later.. INSTEAD OF DISSAPPOINTING YOUR CUSTOMERS AGAIN.

Any more bullshit we have to deal with?.. hmm? Just while I'm here..? Any more shit you've left out? Any more problems with CE?

Anything....? You know just so I'm prepared.

If you don't settle down, we are going home right now!

That's it, when your father gets home, you are getting a spankin!

Now go over and face that corner or I will get the switch and you will wish you had!

/boggle

A
veteran
veteran
A
Have you been testosterone poisoned ?

Plus, it's quite easy to write down these hard words wjhile being safe in your anonymioty behind that screen ... But would you say the *exactly* same words face to face to them ? When you are not anonymous anymore ?

INSTEAD OF DISSAPPOINTING YOUR CUSTOMERS AGAIN.

As a custoimer, I feel satisfied.

I hate Steam, but Larian needs that in order to survive. They are just not EA. WSould you like them to behave rather like EA and deal with you in the "EA way" ? Or Ubisoft ?

Last edited by AlrikFassbauer; 30/06/14 06:57 PM.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Looks like us poor GOG users will have to wait until tomorrow as per a new comment from Larian in the comments of today's update. Tomorrow still works for me fortunately so for now I remain calm.

Why bother being calm? Don't you know that when things don't go your way you kick and scream and thrash about? It is the modern way of dealing with disappointment! Get with the times Darth!

Last edited by Tanist; 30/06/14 06:59 PM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Tone down your language and get over yourself, you over-entitled infant. Launch niggles and minor delays happen. Go read a good book and come back tomorrow, it'll almost certainly be fixed. If you think Swen and his team haven't worked their knuckles to the bone to get this game as perfect as they can possibly manage, you obviously haven't followed any of the development videos or news releases.

For a bit of perspective, maybe buy almost any game from EA, a much richer and bigger developer, and play that on day of release. Maybe Battlefield 4 for PC - still not fixed months later. Good luck with that!

A
veteran
veteran
A
Besides, wibble, when you are standing in front of me AND I AM YOUR CUSTOMER - then we'll talk about what you've written here.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Have you been testosterone poinsoned ?

Plus, it's quite easy to write down these hard words wjhile being safe in your anonymioty behind that screen ... But would you say the *exactly* same words face to face to them ? When you are not anonymous anymore ?

You never know. I have actually seen that level of obnoxious in public. It usually doesn't end well for them, but it certainly exists. My favorite though is when you take an obnoxious person as such and then have them confront another who has physical anger issues. It usually always ends with the obnoxious person shedding blood.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I fear that the next level for those people is becoming Hooligans.

I am able to contain my feelings - I am well aware of my anger, of my "wut" - but I don't let them overwhelm me. This is the result of experience.

--Dilbert cartoon

W
wibble Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Originally Posted by Vandraman
Tone down your language and get over yourself, you over-entitled infant. Launch niggles and minor delays happen. Go read a good book and come back tomorrow, it'll almost certainly be fixed. If you think Swen and his team haven't worked their knuckles to the bone to get this game as perfect as they can possibly manage, you obviously haven't followed any of the development videos or news releases.

For a bit of perspective, maybe buy almost any game from EA, a much richer and bigger developer, and play that on day of release. Maybe Battlefield 4 for PC - still not fixed months later. Good luck with that!

I take it this is yet another case of someone who has the game telling those of us who don't......"where's the issue, I don't have a problem."

Well I fucking do.. so vacate the thread if you don't like it.

W
wibble Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
W
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Besides, wibble, when you are standing in front of me AND I AM YOUR CUSTOMER - then we'll talk about what you've written here.

If you are going to reply to me.. at least give me something to understand.

Care to try again?

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I take it this is yet another case of someone who has the game telling those of us who don't

<Buzz> sorry, wrong guess! If I had the game, I almost certainly wouldn't be here trying to help you see what a righteous divot you're being.

stranger
stranger
Sigh, this is Dragon Commander all over again.
You'd think I would have learned my lesson THAT time.

stranger
stranger
But wibble has a point. Those that chose GOG are being punished. If only I could take back my choice...

Originally Posted by Tanist
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon

Why bother being calm? Don't you know that when things don't go your way you kick and scream and thrash about? It is the modern way of dealing with disappointment! Get with the times Darth!

This is the best point made in this entire thread.

The second best point is this: This is just a game. A single day isn't going to hurt you. Us Linux users don't even have an estimate as to when the our version is coming out, but we're not butt-hurt. Just calm down.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
addict
addict
To be fair, we don't know for sure why the GoG version is being delayed. I know they mentioned GoG Galaxy in the KS update, but that doesn't mean support for it is necessarily the cause of the delay. We'll have to wait for someone from Larian or GoG to confirm the source of the problem.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by fijau
But wibble has a point. Those that chose GOG are being punished. If only I could take back my choice...

No we aren't. At least not from my point of view. When I chose to have the GOG version I knew that it would most likely to be released after Steam. Maybe some hours later, maybe even few days. That's because GOG has always been the slower choice (going from personal history), but that's okay for me because I value the DRM-free games they offer. Well that, and the fact that I don't have a Steam account =P.

I got my GOG-key and even managed to redeem the game, but I can't download it because it hasn't gone live yet. It's nothing to stress over though. If I don't get to play it now, I'll get to play it when it goes live on GOG. It'll happen sooner or later. Of course I've still been refreshing GOG's front page the whole day for the off chance that it actually goes live today. Even if it doesn't I couldn't in my wildest dreams say that I'm being punished or betrayed. All the waiting I do at this point only adds to the joy when I finally get the game smile.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by LuckyMan
When I chose to have the GOG version I knew that it would most likely to be released after Steam. Maybe some hours later, maybe even few days.

gog.com is a world class, international business and should obey the release dates. For now I doubt they are going to make it. Larian mentioned on kickstarter, that GOG keys go live tomorrow - it may mean ours, already redeemed keys.
And I hoped that GOG would release the game before Steam, as both Larian and GOG are from Europe and work within the sam timezone!

BTW, I'm also a Linux user. But for now I choose Windows as my gaming platform, for its convenience.

Last edited by fijau; 30/06/14 08:03 PM.
stranger
stranger
I understand what you're saying and I'm sure GOG wants to have the games on their list as soon as possible (preferably during release day).

I'm not sure how GOG does its publishing, but I'm under the impression that developers give their files to GOG's staff and they make the installation package. Then they have to test that the package works with different operating systems. This takes time (no idea how long), and I can imagine a situation where a developer polishes its game until the very last moment. Like in D:OS's case let's say they do changes until the noon on 30th June. When the changes are made they can just publish it on Steam, but have to send the files to GOG. This causes the difference in release time, but who is to blame? I'd say no one, because the developer wanted to make sure that their game is as good as possible on release. And GOG didn't have their hands on the files before this and still has to do all the packaging and testing.

Of course if I'm wrong about how GOG does its publishing, disregard that whole chapter ^^. What I'm trying to say is that there are always circumstances that we are not aware of. For that I don't think we should look for someone to blame.

A
stranger
stranger
A
how dare larian do this to you!!!!

this is practically the 9/11 of video game outrages!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard