Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
No announcement here.

veteran
veteran
And I still have no option to select the GOG version in the Vault. I can understand all these little issues but what I don't understand is this last second nonsense about no longer deleting Alpha and Beta Steam keys.....I hate Steam and wouldn't use it but asked for a Beta code in the hopes the big and ugly red box from my Vault backer page telling me to go get it would disappear, seriously, I hated that box and I never used the bloody Alpha and Beta code and of course the ugly red box didn't go away so now it just wants to tell me that I'll be able to switch to GOG soon when I already had selected GOG for my main game that larian decided to switch to Steam so now I can't even have Original Sin on my GOG shelf.

Now all this wouldn't be an issue if that had been the plan all along but the biggest problem we're having is that this nonsense was literally pulled on us AT RELEASE, without any warning....which probably means it's not planned one bit so there's all these problems about people who gave their Alpha/Beta codes away or whatever and Larian is all like "Uhhh, yeah, we'll fix it somehow." This is the problem!! They keep springing surprises on us that are literally out of the blue so now I'll likely have to wait even longer than people who already have a GOG code....and I DIDN'T EVEN USE the damn testing code.

I'm still calm but this is a wreck....a complete bloody wreck. None of this would be an issue if we at least had a few weeks' warning but no....it had to be release date surprise. SURPRISE!! You can't play!! And we switched your selection from GOG to Steam and now you can't select GOG but you will eventually be able to switch back!!

Combine into all this that if I can't start downloading in the next 20 hours I'll have to wait a whole god damn MONTH to play because I have a work related trip to make and I won't have internet I can use to download big files like a 6.5 GB game.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I had a physical collectors edition of the game (via high tier kickstarter backing) Which were supposed to be my two steam keys. THen I had a digital download of the game on gog selected in the vault.
Now the keys have been upgraded, and my gog selection is gone. So all I can see now is my two steam keys.
Where is my Gog key?
Now I know the keys are delayed, but there is no longer an option for the gog thing even. The selection should still be there.

Last edited by Archmage_R; 30/06/14 10:25 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Archmage_R
I had a physical collectors edition of the game (via high tier kickstarter backing) Which were supposed to be my two steam keys. THen I had a digital download of the game on gog selected in the vault.
Now the keys have been upgraded, and my gog selection is gone. So all I can see now is my two steam keys.
Where is my Gog key?
Now I know the keys are delayed, but there is no longer an option for the gog thing even. The selection should still be there.

They screwed it all up but you're supposed to be able to choose GOG again "very soon"(whatever that means) but this will destroy your Alpha/Beta key and you'll have to do a full re-download of the game when you redeem another Steam key(like one from the CE or whatever. I wouldn't mind all this if they didn't pull this nonsense on us AT RELEASE!!! I just want my damn GOG key, that's IT!! They can keep the damn Steam keys from my CE and so on, I only asked for a Beta key in hoped the ugly damn red warning message from my Vault backer page telling me to go get one would disappear, I NEVER USED IT!!

stranger
stranger
I can't say i'm not dissapointed. All this excitement and celebration has gone to down the drain.

At least people that didn't redeem the alpha key can at least try redeeming a GoG code
I'm stuck with a Steam key with the promise of being able to switch later (but how much later?)

Come on dear dames and chaps of Larian. Don't give us the literal shaft.

I'm still celebrating the release though and i'll be waiiting. On a side note i really wanted to make a celebratory post.

PS. Steam is the Satan! I dont and will never use it. DRM must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

/end of rant

Last edited by My name is Shar; 30/06/14 10:40 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Archmage_R
Where is my Gog key?

They screwed it all up but you're supposed to be able to choose GOG again "very soon"(whatever that means) but this will destroy your Alpha/Beta key and you'll have to do a full re-download of the game when you redeem another Steam key(like one from the CE or whatever. I wouldn't mind all this if they didn't pull this nonsense on us AT RELEASE!!! I just want my damn GOG key, that's IT!! They can keep the damn Steam keys from my CE and so on, I only asked for a Beta key in hoped the ugly damn red warning message from my Vault backer page telling me to go get one would disappear, I NEVER USED IT!!

Why on earth would I want to destroy my steam keys and download it again? The gog version I'm supposed to have is supposed to be Separate from the other two keys. They should just add in another option, not force us to remove the old ones.

Edit: I understand your prob with steam, I hate the fact that companies force steam keys on us. But since i had 3 keys I didn't care if two of them were steam as long as I had one extra for gog. Now however I do care, as my gog key is not there.

Last edited by Archmage_R; 30/06/14 10:42 PM.
J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Seriously I just do not understand how companies keep messing up issues such as release licensing and so forth. I mean how big an issue is it to release a code which when validated gives you access to a licensed copy of the game. I too have not used alpha or beta access and simply want to be able to download the game which I paid for.

In other news my friend whom I mentioned earlier downloaded the game on steam. He has a very high spec gamiing machine and called me to report his progress. He mentioned that he found the cut scenes and the opening of the game jittery and noticed some significant stuttering. If his machine is stuttering, it may not bode well for my laptop. One of the reasons I was looking forward to this so much was the fact that it would also play on laptops well. I do hope that turns out to be the case.

addict
addict
Playing "devils advocate" for a moment, it's possible they had regional release requirements (with their regional distributor partners) that they had to get it out by the end of June, thus they were forced to rush things along, and ended up playing catchup with the Steam/GoG releases. It's still disappointing, especially for those who want it on GoG (and even more so for those who gave away their alpha/beta keys, assuming they'd be disabled on launch), but entirely possible there's perfectly understandable reasons for the last-minute issues.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Does anyone know if it's all right to play the Steam version while waiting for the GOG keys to show up. (Like most of the you, at the moment on my Larian Vault download page there's no option to choose GOG. GOG is coming "real soon.")

As of YESTERDAY (6/29) playing the Steam release version permanently closed the door on switching to GOG. TODAY, it appears that once you choose the GOG version, the Steam version is permanently disabled. Fine by me. But can we play the Steam version in the meanwhile without closing the GOG door?

R
stranger
stranger
R
And I still have no option to select the GOG version in the Vault. I can understand all these little issues but what I don't understand is this last second nonsense about no longer deleting Alpha and Beta Steam keys.....

Snipped the rest. Thanks for this post, I thought I was losing my mind. "Alpha/beta keys will not work tomorrow on release!" Oh wait they auto convert, WTF? Never again, Larian, never again.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by My name is Shar
PS. Steam is the Satan! I dont and will never use it. DRM must dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You do realize that Steam is not DRM. It's a digital distributor, which does have an optional DRM component built into the platform, but there are lots of DRM free games on Steam, including D:OS.

J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Well this is just getting worse and worse. It seems the left hand does not know what the right is doing in this case. GOG responded to my query by telling me that it appeared that the game was added to my account soon after my query. It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by jiraiya
Well this is just getting worse and worse. It seems the left hand does not know what the right is doing in this case. GOG responded to my query by telling me that it appeared that the game was added to my account soon after my query. It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

Someone said he managed to get past the 404 errors by using the gog downloader. Can't try myself since they had the great idea to automatically upgrade my beta key to a steam key despite my gog selection and the change option doesn't work yet.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Doesn't work. The GOG DLer gets stuck around 3.75 Gb

EDIT actually it does work, if you follow the steps for this kind of error in the GOG website FAQ.

Last edited by Myrddin; 01/07/14 11:32 AM.
Originally Posted by pts
Originally Posted by jiraiya
...It was indeed added to my account however the links all go no where and generate 404 errors. So here we still are with no game.

Someone said he managed to get past the 404 errors by using the gog downloader...

Taken from elsewhere:

The GOG download problem is due to invalid links on the GOG account page. Until this is fixed, the following links should allow GOG users (who have received and activated the codes supplied by Larian) to download the D:OS installer:

https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer1
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer2
https://secure.gog.com/downlink/file/divinity_original_sin/en1installer3

veteran
veteran
At long last I am downloading Original Sin from GOG...now what's going on with the game tool on GOG?

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman
At long last I am downloading Original Sin from GOG...now what's going on with the game tool on GOG?

How were you able to change to gog? I'm still locked into ****** steam, still no option to change to the gog key on the larianvault interface...

apprentice
apprentice
If you have a duo copy: Yesterday my unselected copy only had Steam as a choice - today I was able to select either steam or gog. So now I have one steam and one gog (downloading). So if you looked there before might want to look again. I still cannot change the one that was already set to steam.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by pts

How were you able to change to gog? I'm still locked into ****** steam, still no option to change to the gog key on the larianvault interface...

You should have a GOG option on your DUO key....that's what I used.

pts Offline
journeyman
journeyman

You should have a GOG option on your DUO key....that's what I used.

I just have a single key, was in the steam beta, got upgraded to a steam full key (which i don't want and didn't select).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard