Print Thread
#503868 30/06/14 11:38 PM
Y
Yawb111 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
So I'm trying to play this game through co-op, first playthrough but the dialogue options we make is not showing up for my friend and vice versa. The only way to rectify this is if we both speak to the same NPC separately after each other. The only problem with this is we cannot do this with bosses if they initiate combat.

I did a google search of someone 5 months ago mentioning these issues - http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=480642

Another problem that I don't like is how I cannot look at equipment or stats of my friends character for input.

If anyone has suggestions how to get around these things that i missed that would be helpful, thanks.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Yawb111
So I'm trying to play this game through co-op, first playthrough but the dialogue options we make is not showing up for my friend and vice versa. The only way to rectify this is if we both speak to the same NPC separately after each other. The only problem with this is we cannot do this with bosses if they initiate combat.

I did a google search of someone 5 months ago mentioning these issues - http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=480642

Another problem that I don't like is how I cannot look at equipment or stats of my friends character for input.

If anyone has suggestions how to get around these things that i missed that would be helpful, thanks.

While most of the things you said were bugs, I do believe the "Can't look at inventory" is intended. So that you can role play two characters who doesen't trust eachother and doesen't show his/her stuff to the other player.

Y
Yawb111 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Bugs, meaning my saves are broken? Or its just the current state of co-op?

It doesn't really feel like a bug more of a missing feature. Another way for us to catch-up on the story is to open l Journal and read what each other has said to the specific NPC. but its all very dissociating and half the time we don't know what's going on depending who initiates the dialog

Last edited by Yawb111; 30/06/14 11:44 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Yawb111
Bugs, meaning my saves are broken? Or its just the current state of co-op?

I had the same problems in the alpha/beta. Basically if you went too far away from the other character/waited too long/ initiated dialogue with another npc. Before you talked to your partner then you would lose out on some dialogue.

What I mean is that there are still plenty of bugs in the game. And Larian will probably patch them. So I reckon (like with all games on release) that you either have to wait a bit if you don't want to miss out on anything dialogue/quest wise. Or just have to live with the missed dialogue for now. It is bound to happen that you miss some of them sadly.

Edit: Think i misunderstood you. If one player initiates dialogue with an npc, then you don't both get the dialogue tree unless they are special npcs. If that was your issue then yes that's the way it is sadly. Which means you both have to talk to npcs if you both want to get everything. It should show up as floating text over the character speaking however. BUt it is way less convenient than say old crpg games like baldur's gate, where both would see the dialogue on one screen.

I suggest doing what we do, read the text out loud on skype/vent etc. However that can be very tiresome as it is a text heavy game.

Last edited by Archmage_R; 30/06/14 11:51 PM.
Y
Yawb111 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
ty for the response archmage.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Archmage_R

Edit: Think i misunderstood you. If one player initiates dialogue with an npc, then you don't both get the dialogue tree unless they are special npcs. If that was your issue then yes that's the way it is sadly. Which means you both have to talk to npcs if you both want to get everything. It should show up as floating text over the character speaking however. BUt it is way less convenient than say old crpg games like baldur's gate, where both would see the dialogue on one screen.

I suggest doing what we do, read the text out loud on skype/vent etc. However that can be very tiresome as it is a text heavy game.

Another option is reading the dialog log on the bottom right- everything anyone says is written there.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Arkeus
Another option is reading the dialog log on the bottom right- everything anyone says is written there.

Yes. The one issue though is if you are near chatty NPC's, their rif-raf shows up there and since they don't shut up, in short order that will be out of the buffer and gone. I've asked if we can get NPC chatter not to print into the dialog box, if so, then this would be an ok solution.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Yawb111, wow I can't believe it but I basically just made the same exact thread mentioning these issues. Yes, I very much agree! The dialogue is making co-op frustrating and the inventory issue is annoying as well!

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=503925&#Post503925

Last edited by perfectblue; 01/07/14 12:50 AM.
Y
Yawb111 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Hehe, yeah I saw your post. I suppose my issues are not me alone!

Link Copied to Clipboard