Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
When will there be a fix for the movement speed. The game is currently unplayable in this state. The movement speed needs to be increased at least 5 fold to make the game playable.

old hand
old hand
I don't see this happening, think of using 3rd party tools.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Why would they release such a fundamentally broken game. Surely it is an easy bug to fix.

M
M
Originally Posted by ramses01
Why would they release such a fundamentally broken game. Surely it is an easy bug to fix.

How is the movement speed broken? And how is it so broken as to be unplayable? The f*ck are you even talking about?

old hand
old hand
They don't see the movement speed as broken, in fact they slowed it down during the beta's to match the speed they wanted and what most liked. I agree it is slow for me, but everyone had their word on it and many preferred the slower pace.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I find that difficult to believe. How mentally challenged does one need to be in order to think that even triple the current speed would be acceptable? It is truly horrific game design. At this point, it is definitely in the running for all time worst game play decisions ever in the history of gaming.

It utterly ruins the game and renders it unplayable.

Somebody needs to be fired over this.

Last edited by ramses01; 01/07/14 02:55 AM.
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Mr. C

How is the movement speed broken? And how is it so broken as to be unplayable? The f*ck are you even talking about?

The movement speed of the characters needs to be increased by a factor of 5 to approach playability. at this rate, ~ 95% of game time is spent trying to walk across the room. The pace of battles is a little slow but playable.

If I were reviewing this game, I would state that game is so fundamentally broken by the movement speed that it is unplayable and unreviewable.

Last edited by ramses01; 01/07/14 02:59 AM.
old hand
old hand
75%. Would you like me to make a video at 75% and 5x to see what that would look like. 5x would be hard to control.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
75%. Would you like me to make a video at 75% and 5x to see what that would look like. 5x would be hard to control.

Sure. Better yet tell me how to make it 5x and I will be happy that I can actually play the game.

What is there to control? It is simple point and click movement.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mr. C

The movement speed of the characters needs to be increased by a factor of 5 to approach playability. at this rate, ~ 95% of game time is spent trying to walk across the room. The pace of battles is a little slow but playable.

If I were reviewing this game, I would state that game is so fundamentally broken by the movement speed that it is unplayable and unreviewable.

I'm pretty much going to go with Mr. C's response on this one. Fundamentally broken? Unplayable? Unreviewable? You're overreacting, and when you go that overboard it's difficult to take your complaint seriously at all.

I actually like the current running speed. I feel the characters move like they have a realistic weight to them, rather than skating and sliding all over the place. Furthermore, the current speed helps to prevent players from accidentally charging into traps before a character's perception skill and verbalized warning can pay off.

The game world is not that vast when it comes to required travel, because ultimately the maximum amount of traveling you have to do is the distance between two waypoints. Your obvious impatience towards travel seems more than a little odd considering this is a game with a turn-based combat system and loads of text to read.

Make more use out of the waypoint system and plan your trips intelligently. Between that, abilities in the game that allow you to move faster, and the inevitable speed mods that will be coming your way, you'll have plenty of options available to save time.

At the risk of blowing your mind, I actually spent half of my adventure today walking my characters instead of running.

D
stranger
stranger
D
This game is nearly unplayable because of the movement speed.

For those who say they like it this slow - do you feel the same way about using dial-up instead of DSL? You know, waiting ten minutes for a picture to load makes me feel the authenticity of the download. The hyper-slowness help keep me from running into malware because my spyware programs have so much time to do their jobs.

That's just ridiculous and so is this game as it currently stands.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
It's not unplayable.
source: I played it.

Yes the movement speed is too slow.
No, it does not render the game unplayable, broken, or otherwise the worst thing that has ever happened.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
I would definitely like the movement speed to be increased a little bit. 30% would be nice.
But the game is completely playable at this speed.
Proof? I played it and finished it and enjoyed it.

S
S
Originally Posted by DuncanIdaho33
This game is nearly unplayable because of the movement speed.

For those who say they like it this slow - do you feel the same way about using dial-up instead of DSL? You know, waiting ten minutes for a picture to load makes me feel the authenticity of the download. The hyper-slowness help keep me from running into malware because my spyware programs have so much time to do their jobs.

Yeah, you're completely right. Characters should move 10 times faster, and they should fly. And we should cut 99% of text from the game, because reading is sooo annyoing. Why i need to read for 5 minutes to get quest, when NPC could just tell me "GO TO X BRING ME X"?! And searching for locations is annyoing and slow, so we should have quest markers. Why would anyone want to spent hours looking for some specific cave?! And turn-based combat is slow, so we should be able to click a button and just see all enemies die in flames. Diablo 3 did it right, why D:OS can't?!

Hell, just remove everything, devs should let us click once in menu to see the end-game credits. Why play for 70 hours, when one click could accomplish the same thing? And would be thousands times cheaper and faster. So much technological advancement, and we still have to actually play games to finish them :-/

Last edited by Shaki; 26/07/14 10:34 PM.
old hand
old hand
To quote Mr.C:

What the fuck are you talking about?

The running speed is acceptable.

Never play Baldur's Gate if you think Original Sin's running is slow. In Baldur's Gate, they only walk but this has not stopped anyone from enjoying the game or from the Enhanced Edition being made with the same movement speed.

Edit:

"At this point, it is definitely in the running for all time worst game play decisions ever in the history of gaming."

Alright guys, I think we're dealing with a troll here...

old hand
old hand

How can the games meta-score so high with everyone voting up a broken game? Go to the mods section for assistance.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Shaki

Hell, just remove everything, devs should let us click once in menu to see the end-game credits

Don't we already have this? smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
People who know to use blacksmithing on their plate armour are happy people.
People who don't know to do this are very sad indeed.

In all seriousness, I don't think that's good design. Moving slower is not the appropriate way to punish players who aren't aware of such things.

Last edited by ScrotieMcB; 27/07/14 02:46 AM.
addict
addict
Running speed is fine.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by ScrotieMcB
People who know to use blacksmithing on their plate armour are happy people.
People who don't know to do this are very sad indeed.

In all seriousness, I don't think that's good design. Moving slower is not the appropriate way to punish players who aren't aware of such things.

I think it's perfectly normal that Plate armor makes you move slower in combat.

I think it's kinda dumb that you can hammer on a breastplate and remove its movement penalty (which also devalues the Armor skill)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard