Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I'd definitely like to see the voiced text set to a much, much larger delay. And when in a conversation, ALL other voices should be disabled. When I got to the bridge outside town, the guards talking to their tamed orc were all overlapping each other, then there was Moira talking to herself. With all those voices in my ear, I struggled to read the plot dialogue.

I wound up turning off voices, but that's a real shame. I like the VO work. Just... less of it, please. >_>

F
stranger
stranger
F
+1 to

* repeating way too often
* not fading out/muffling/becoming indistinct nearly quickly enough with distance

I basically need to turn down the voice volume to 0 or near-zero to play.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nathan Pinard

I'd recommend a 30-60 second (or so) timer before saying the dialogue again. Usually these types of dialogue are an indication of a quest or situation you would want to see about.

+1 This is the great idea
Larian do you remember Divinity 2? So non-essential NPS`s was repeating their lines with defined period of time but it was quite good

Last edited by James 540; 01/07/14 02:35 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Yeah, they need to lower the frequency of the chatter/sounds.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Turning the voice down to 0 does not shut them all up!
The Charmed She-Orc dialogue just keeps looping and looping
with the voice slider at 0

Its giving me a headache!
not what I expected my first day playing the game would be like

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I like the talking characters! :U

P
stranger
stranger
P
Dragons Dogma, now there was an example of people nattering too much. So far as Im concerned I havent had any real bad issues from walking around the for about four hours. I tend to block out the exact words themselves and just enjoy the fact the noise makes the city feel alive.

That said the one voice that was annoying me was in
(slight spoiler from start of game)

in the infirmary, that guy rolling around in pain, I felt like screaming "would you please shut it and die quietly, I am trying to have a conversation here"

C
stranger
stranger
C
I started another thread about this before I saw this...

Agreed +1

I cannot read NPC quest dialog because I'm extremely distracted by the NPC background voice chatter... its repetitive and loud and overlapping. Should be squelched when dialog with an NPC is open.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Just adding my +1 here. Am highly annoyed by the repetition of NPCs. There is nothing that breaks immersion faster than good dialogue and voice acting repeated ten times in a row. Just check out BioShock: Infinite for an example of how it's possible to not have a silent game, yet still refuse to repeat NPC chatter.

Anyway, just my two sense on the matter. The core game is great, and obviously the product of lots of hard work and passion!

A
Atu Offline
stranger
stranger
A
yeah..

N
stranger
stranger
N
+1 to this request. Love the chatter, great voice acting, but it's a bit overwhelming.

veteran
veteran
simple solution: insert banter time interval option smile

T
stranger
stranger
T
I just got to the docs in the first city and I was greatly impressed by the voice acting. However, after 10th loop it started to act on my nerves and I found it difficult to concentrate on reading conversations... Just give 60 seconds of cooldown and I will be happy. BTW - great game!

Yep, this one is completely ridiculous... There's so many repetitive lines being spammed via voice - eventually it gets so infuriating that you can't even concentrate on reading dialogue text while talking to NPCs.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Yep, this one is completely ridiculous... There's so many repetitive lines being spammed via voice - eventually it gets so infuriating that you can't even concentrate on reading dialogue text while talking to NPCs.

This has completely broke the game for me.

I've started to dread walking into any area that has one of the spamming NPCs.

By the way...
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Even simpler solution: change the builtin interval to something reasonable.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fireblade
I've started to dread walking into any area that has one of the spamming NPCs.

By the way...
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Even simpler solution: change the builtin interval to something reasonable.

that way people will complain that it's either too long or still too short. allow people to set the time, and let it rest.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Lighthawk

Same with me. Even with all audio sliders at O, there's still faint voice and fx.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by BudIcarus
Originally Posted by Lighthawk

Same with me. Even with all audio sliders at O, there's still faint voice and fx.

Supposedly that's the echo effect you get in caves, etc. that's being triggered somewhere and never being cleared. The only place I can think of where you'd get an echo before entering town is the tutorial dungeon?

Whatever, +1 for me too, I can't talk to npcs near other people because I can't focus on the dialogue. I love the voices, I just can't stand to hear them say the same thing thirteen times consecutively. It's exactly like a broken record.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hi everyone,

my first post on Forums smile

Loving the game since launch yesterday but have to agree about too much voice, especially in the market area of the village near the start. Certainly sounds like a bustling market, a veritable cacophony of sound in fact!
I believe this occasionally causes the game to crash for me, tried settings the graphics down from beautiful to high then medium but still crashed, set audio from high to low quality and no more crashes.
(Will send further details as a bug report but just wanted to add to thread)

Otherwise, game is wonderful.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard