Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Anyone else getting non-stop crashing after version 1.0.41 was released? I'm on the next map after the BETA area and after a few seconds the game just crashes each time. After that Steam looks like it's trying to download a file, or it's syncing, I can't tell.

I validated all my files so that's not the problem. Anyone else getting this? Game was fine this morning before the update, and I played for several hours yesterday without problems.

Thanks!

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Really, nobody? It crashes for me about 30 seconds into the game now, every time. Checked everything, computer isn't overheating, drivers are up to date, etc. As I said game was working fine yesterday and this morning.

Edit: OK quick update, looks like it's only happening on the Silverglen map. I went back to Cyseal for several minutes and roamed the map and it didn't crash.

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 01/07/14 08:53 PM.
Mine too. Haven't been able to progress on the next map for about 12 hours now

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by n3m3c1s
Mine too. Haven't been able to progress on the next map for about 12 hours now

Were you able to load Silverglen at all? Also was it OK before the last patch, or did that happen before that as well?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Diabolus_Musica
Really, nobody? It crashes for me about 30 seconds into the game now, every time. Checked everything, computer isn't overheating, drivers are up to date, etc. As I said game was working fine yesterday and this morning.

Edit: OK quick update, looks like it's only happening on the Silverglen map. I went back to Cyseal for several minutes and roamed the map and it didn't crash.

No crashes here, buy my performance went down a lot. Since the last big update my game runs with at least 20 FPS less on average... :-|

WOOS
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by LordCrash

No crashes here, buy my performance went down a lot. Since the last big update my game runs with at least 20 FPS less on average... :-|

Have you gotten to Silverglen yet? I'm not sure if it's map-specific or the latest patch, or both. I was playing in Silverglen for a few hours without problems then it started the crashing, 100% of the time all within 30 seconds of loading the game. I've used multiple quicksaves too, to try to rule out one corrupted savegame file. I think it's the most recent patch since Silverglen was working before that patch. Also disable Steam overlay in game, lowered video settings (normally play with all maxed) and disable Steam Cloud, none of that helped.

I hope they fix this soon, I cleared my whole weekend to do nothing but basically play this game. I'm hopeful as in the past they've been quite responsive.

If Larian reads this and you need a savegame from me, or diagnostic info please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 01/07/14 10:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Have you gotten to Silverglen yet? I'm not sure if it's map-specific or the latest patch, or both. I was playing in Silverglen for a few hours without problems then it started the crashing, 100% of the time all within 30 seconds of loading the game. I've used multiple quicksaves too, to try to rule out one corrupted savegame file. I think it's the most recent patch since Silverglen was working before that patch. Also disable Steam overlay in game, lowered video settings (normally play with all maxed) and disable Steam Cloud, none of that helped.

I hope they fix this soon, I cleared my whole weekend to do nothing but basically play this game. I'm hopeful as in the past they've been quite responsive.

If Larian reads this and you need a savegame from me, or diagnostic info please let me know.

Thanks

No, I'm not in Silverglen yet, sry.

I'm sure they are very happy if you do send in your savegame and bug report.

Send your stuff to supportdos@larian.com

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/07/14 10:18 PM.

WOOS
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Sent them a copy of my savegame and a link to this forum post, thanks.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can confirm. Constant crashing on Luculla forest near Silverglen. Can't play the game. I clocked some 40 hours on the beta last week when I bought this game during the Steam sale, and my only crashes were trying to load Blackcove when there was a missing file which was quickly corrected by Larian.

I just got into the Luculla Forest area and everything was peachy till I arrived in Silverglen. Constant nonstop crashing within 30 seconds or so of loading my game.

Last edited by Selakah; 01/07/14 10:36 PM.
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Selakah
Can confirm. Constant crashing on Luculla forest near Silverglen. Can't play the game. I clocked some 40 hours on the beta last week when I bought this game during the Steam sale, and my only crashes were trying to load Blackcove when there was a missing file which was quickly corrected by Larian.

I just got into the Luculla Forest area and everything was peachy till I arrived in Silverglen. Constant nonstop crashing within 30 seconds or so of loading my game.

Thanks for the confirmation, yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Does it crash for you, every time, in literally 30 seconds or less, no matter what you do? Thanks

Last edited by Diabolus_Musica; 01/07/14 10:43 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S

Thanks for the confirmation, yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Does it crash for you, every time, in literally 30 seconds or less, no matter what you do? Thanks

I was just experimenting with this. Basically, I can go around the area south and south east of town, but the second I try to leave town through the Silverglen waypoint and go northwest, instant crash. Even panning my camera in that general direction causes crashes. I have a save file where I crash literally ~4 seconds after loading. I managed to make it to the bridge in that area northwest of town through quick save spam after every crash.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I can confirm that this happens to me as well. I didn't notice it until after talking to the troll immediately outside town and now I am unable to continue on.

Using the Mac client here.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by coma
I can confirm that this happens to me as well. I didn't notice it until after talking to the troll immediately outside town and now I am unable to continue on.

You're saying talking to the troll fixed the problem for you?

S
stranger
stranger
S
For what is worth, the crashes seem to be in this area for me. http://imgur.com/a/lDG7i

C
stranger
stranger
C

No, i'm saying that I was not experiencing the problem until I came back into town via the troll route.

veteran
veteran
Which systems do you people use?

By the way:

- if all suggestions above do not help, contact supportdos@larian.com with a report.zip attached from our support tool : http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

Last edited by LordCrash; 01/07/14 11:17 PM.

WOOS
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
For what is worth, the crashes seem to be in this area for me. http://imgur.com/a/lDG7i

Yep I'm starting to notice that too now that I've gotten out of that area.

D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D

No, i'm saying that I was not experiencing the problem until I came back into town via the troll route.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.

Sorry to say, but I'm "glad" I'm not the only one.

Without Global Chat it was impossible for me to confirm if it was a localized issue, also I knew I was further along than most since there was zero forum traffic on this yesterday.

Hopefully there's a fix soon. The game was finally in uncharted territory.

*Edit* as others have noted, seems to be isolated to certain areas on the map. to the South I don't have issues. Silverglen and North constant crashing.

Last edited by n3m3c1s; 02/07/14 02:19 AM.
D
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
This is a pretty serious bug since it's crashing on an area of the map that you can't really avoid where some major stuff is happening that will further the story.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard