Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#504225 01/07/14 08:59 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Edit: Updated link for 1.0.5.0 for the recent update. Please read the readme for where to put the file.

Edit2: Someone recently made a guide on how to edit the main.pak file to make the game 4 player without using this mod, you can find that here if you wish to use that. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=280039791 . This would have to be updated every patch as it's downside(mine doesn't need it sometimes sometimes it does), but only the host needs to do this. I will still update my mod though.

Hey guys I made a 4 player mod I thought I'd share. I know some people wanted this including me. Bad news is you need to make a new game using it. I have tested it and it seems to work with little to no problems.. so far. You'll need followers to have more than 2 playing at the same time, otherwise the others will have to spectate. Everything can be done in the assign characters screen. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Instructions to install are included in the readme in the .rar. I'll publish to steam when it will let me...

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv105Pak.rar

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 03/07/14 06:57 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Whooaaa epic! how did you get the levels to load in the editor with your mod?

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 09:32 AM.
Bobylein #504252 01/07/14 09:33 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by Bobylein
Whooaaa epic! how did you get the levels to load in your mod?

All I think you need is a folder with the levels name to be honest. However, what I did was I make the mod and choose the Main mod as a data and dependancy. I then got a list of all of the names of the levels (exact names). Then just create a new level and name it Cyseal for example and when the level loads up it's Cyseal. Then just click the save button and bam you can load it and use it with your mod. It threw some info errors but I don't think that really matters in the testing I've done I noticed nothing wrong and everything seems to work just fine.

To be clear you need to do that with all the levels, and make sure in the mods settings (Modding -> Module Setting) you'll want to set the Startup Level to Character Creation and the Menu Level to Menuscreen_Cyseal.

Last edited by BlazeDragoon; 01/07/14 09:36 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Ah I see, I always tried to create a new mod and set the dependency and data to main but it didn't show me the main levels to load, that was what confused me and I thought we would need to extract the levels out of the pak files.

Thanks for the mod, now I can try to find out how to make 4 player creation hahaha

Bobylein #504266 01/07/14 09:45 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Ah I see, I always tried to create a new mod and set the dependency and data to main but it didn't show me the main levels to load, that was what confused me and I thought we would need to extract the levels out of the pak files.

Thanks for the mod, now I can try to find out how to make 4 player creation hahaha

No problem. I kind of feel they should of just allowed the 4 players. It works fairly well with it, or should of included a 4 player mod of their own at the very least.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I believe they already said they will probably release a 4 players mod when it's a bit better polished.

Funny thing, I just tried to copy 2 new players and several triggers and such in the character creation level and if I want to save it:

You need developer rights to open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\Main\Globals\Cyseal\Characters\players.lsb"

it already created the folder but couldn't unpack the players.lsb data it seems and then it fails to safe.

edit:

hahaha now I fucked up everything it seems, I added a new player and saved it, the editor crashed and now it won't recognize your mod anymore, even if I delete everything and add your mod out of the rar file.
The same ingame, I can't select your mod o.O

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 10:12 AM.
Bobylein #504287 01/07/14 10:16 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I believe they already said they will probably release a 4 players mod when it's a bit better polished.

Funny thing, I just tried to copy 2 new players and several triggers and such in the character creation level and if I want to save it:

You need developer rights to open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Mods\Main\Globals\Cyseal\Characters\players.lsb"

it already created the folder but couldn't unpack the players.lsb data it seems and then it fails to safe.

edit:

hahaha now I fucked up everything it seems, I added a new player and saved it, the editor crashed and now it won't recognize your mod anymore, even if I delete everything and add your mod out of the rar file.
The same ingame, I can't select your mod o.O

Not sure. Perhaps check your C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods and see if there's something there you can delete.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Well, it seems I somehow fucked up the main mod smirk I can't even start a game now or select it as dependency.

That's the reason I can't load your mod I think, as it depends on it.

edit: I did now a file verify and it still won't work smirk

I can select the main mod and activate it but nothing will happen.

and in C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods are only mods downloaded by the steam workshop I think, as the cowsimulator is in there.

editagain:
Got it fixed! you just need to remove the Main folder in the mods folder.

Last edited by Bobylein; 01/07/14 10:28 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by BlazeDragoon
Hey guys I made a 4 player mod I thought I'd share. I know some people wanted this including me. Bad news is you need to make a new game using it. I have tested it and it seems to work with little to no problems.. so far. You'll need followers to have more than 2 playing at the same time, otherwise the others will have to spectate. Everything can be done in the assign characters screen. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Instructions to install are included in the readme in the .rar. I'll publish to steam when it will let me...

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerMod.rar

Is it possible to wipe or change stats/class on a character? That would make this mod even more useful!

K
stranger
stranger
K
So we have been playing with yout mod and apart from some crashes everything worked. but now, after such a crash, nothing works anymore, noone can join me, it just says that dependcies between the mods aren't correct, that might be caused by deffect data. sorry if that doesn't make much sense, had to translate it from german into english.
we deactivated and activated the mod and the game, to no effect.
help me BlazeDragoon, you are my only hope.

imidiate edit, even before posting:
we kind of fixed it, I send my friends the mod-folder from my divinity-data-mod-folder and that fixed it.

E
stranger
stranger
E
can't load save games that were made using this mod

it just hangs forever on the loading screen

N
stranger
stranger
N
I'm a little confused....can I use this mod to make 4 characters for my party for solo play? Or does this mod simply allow 4 human players to play together?

Noriym #505381 02/07/14 09:21 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Noriym
I'm a little confused....can I use this mod to make 4 characters for my party for solo play? Or does this mod simply allow 4 human players to play together?

4 human players can play together, 2 using the main characters and the other 2 can play as companions or henchmen.

you can get a party of 4 characters in the game anyway, withput any mod.

evaporate #505382 02/07/14 09:24 AM
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by evaporate

I keep having this problem, too.
You just have to kill the game (task-manager) and restart it. loading with this mod doesn't work properly, so whenever you want to actually load a save-file the other players should leave the game and join in once the game has loaded. that seems to work rather well.

kraeh #505400 02/07/14 09:56 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by kraeh
Originally Posted by evaporate

I keep having this problem, too.
You just have to kill the game (task-manager) and restart it. loading with this mod doesn't work properly, so whenever you want to actually load a save-file the other players should leave the game and join in once the game has loaded. that seems to work rather well.

Hmm.. I haven't had this problem strange. Did you try it since the most recent patch? perhaps I'll give it a go.

kraeh #505408 02/07/14 10:11 AM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Anyone having issues with the mod could you please try the following link and test it? Please note this is a .pak file not not loose files in your data folder. It goes in a different folder and you should probably removed the old stuff from the data folder.

http://www.blazemods.com/Mods/Divinity4PlayerModv103Pak.rar

I'd like to know two things.
1.)Can you load previous save games that used the older version of this mod?
2.)Does it solve any of the problems you had like not being able to load or is that issue still occuring? If it is maybe I can get some more information and figure out what the issue is.

K
stranger
stranger
K
we tried your new version, but it didn't show up in the mod sction of the game. how exactly do I have to copy it in the folder? we tried some different places for the files in the mod, nothing worked.

kraeh #505538 02/07/14 12:54 PM
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by kraeh
we tried your new version, but it didn't show up in the mod sction of the game. how exactly do I have to copy it in the folder? we tried some different places for the files in the mod, nothing worked.

Um can you copy the directory your putting it in for me? It should be something like this C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods

T
stranger
stranger
T
THANK YOU Blaze!

Played this last night with my wife and two of my friends on teamspeak. We had an absolute blast. In testing, we did run into a few issues but were able to get it to work on the 1.0.21 build eventually. We tested Saving/Loading, reassigning characters, spectating mode and then just starting playing through the game for about 4 hours.

Issues:

- Make sure the host goes into Divinity's options screen and allows people to connect to their games after loading the mod. We couldn't see our friends game after he saved the first time until he enabled online games again within his options.

- Game froze when the 3rd player tried to join at the very start of the game. We had to wait until we actually had the companions from town in our party before 3rd and 4th players could join successfully.

- Game froze when a player tried to join our match without having the mod enabled. They had it downloaded, but forgot to enable it. I know this is common sense, but Larian needs to add some kind of check to prevent people from crashing your game in this way.

- Game froze when we first met Homestead Goblin, Zizacks(?). We had to reload once and then we were teleported to homestead without issue.

Everything else worked great, so far.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by techn0logic
THANK YOU Blaze!

Played this last night with my wife and two of my friends on teamspeak. We had an absolute blast. In testing, we did run into a few issues but were able to get it to work on the 1.0.21 build eventually. We tested Saving/Loading, reassigning characters, spectating mode and then just starting playing through the game for about 4 hours.

Issues:

- Make sure the host goes into Divinity's options screen and allows people to connect to their games after loading the mod. We couldn't see our friends game after he saved the first time until he enabled online games again within his options.

- Game froze when the 3rd player tried to join at the very start of the game. We had to wait until we actually had the companions from town in our party before 3rd and 4th players could join successfully.

- Game froze when a player tried to join our match without having the mod enabled. They had it downloaded, but forgot to enable it. I know this is common sense, but Larian needs to add some kind of check to prevent people from crashing your game in this way.

- Game froze when we first met Homestead Goblin, Zizacks(?). We had to reload once and then we were teleported to homestead without issue.

Everything else worked great, so far.

Glad you're enjoying it:]. On a side note though, when you say the game froze, is this for the host and the person already playing or for the 3rd/4th person? If they are just getting a black screen the host must assign them a main player and then take it back and they can then spectate. If you mean just the actual game freeze for host and stuff then I don't know :S.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard