Courtesy of /u/Rusty_Rabbit on reddit (I tested and confirmed these myself), here are a list of bugs/possible issues associated with hiring henchmen.
1. Hiring a henchmen costs no gold. It says it does, but none is deducted.
2. When they are first hired, it says they get XP, but they don't.
3. When you dismiss them and bring them back into the party, they correctly gain XP and levels.
4. Your first 2 Henchmen get a total of 36 primary attributes. After that, they only get 31 (this was tested with Arianna Delgin).
5. You can have multiple copies of the same henchmen. This may not be a bug, but it is weird to see 10 of the same NPC walking around your halls.
Last edited by Pestilence; 02/07/14 04:36 AM.