Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#504792 01/07/14 06:20 PM
B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
PLEASE fix this. I get a LOT of misclicks and if someone sees me they automatically attack and kill me on the spot.

There are also a lot of issues when I AM trying to steal - like the character moving in sneak in front of a person when I didn't try to, or when she automatically goes somewhere where the sneak is canceled, and THEN steals whatever I clicked on - which of course triggers a fight.

I keep Quicksaving every minute, this is the most frustrating thing for me at the moment.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Mis-clicking is a bit of an issue I agree.

My thoughts are to put in the ability to map keys to movement. This would allow people to avoid mis-clicking in areas where there is a lot of clickable items near.

Or...

Maybe a modifier key that when combined with left click will disable the interaction aspect of the cursor and only send the movement location.

That is all that comes to mind at the moment.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
or make CTRL the 'crime' button, holding it down allows you to attack friendly characters (like it already does) and steal items

Use the scoundrel walk in shadows ability, or wait for level 7 and use the invisibility spell (aero spell).

H
journeyman
journeyman
H
Originally Posted by Dmnqwk
Use the scoundrel walk in shadows ability, or wait for level 7 and use the invisibility spell (aero spell).

As per this. I think rogues being the only default to get a great theft ability out of the gate is by design.
I always modify my shadowblade and ranger to get walk in shadows

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
It's not so much the getting caught that bothers me. I'm not a thief, so if I try and steal thing I can get caught, and that's OK.

It's the misclicks and the automatic kill when caught that bothers me. Why not give a warning and set reputation to 0, or even a negative number? Killing on the spot feels very wrong.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Has anyone managed to Pickpocket anything yet? I have skill 3 and every time I attempt I get caught (even when sneaking, and NPC is not facing me). It was never this difficult in past versions.

B
Beyond Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I did manage actually. Small stuff, like a key from a guard.
I only had Pickpocket 1.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yeah, a click button for stealing stuff would be good. Hate picking up stuff I don't want/need.

Link Copied to Clipboard