Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
pts Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Greetings,

i played the steam beta, but selected GOG for the final game. Since Larian choose to automatically upgrade all steam beta keys to final steam keys, i now have a steam key with the option to change it to a gog key, but that option is still not aviable on larianvault...

So, my suggestion is this: give all KS beta backers that are in this lockup the option for a GOG key NOW, and deactivate the steam key later when it becomes possible. Surely, a day or two of backers getting both steam and GOG won't hurt sales. And its very frustrating to be locked out of a game i backed from the beginning due to a last minute decision to forcefully upgrade my steam key despite my GOG selection.

R
stranger
stranger
R
They could do this very easily, but they won't.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I do believe that this is a GOG issue and not a Larian issue.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Nah, it's a Larian issue. As Raze mentioned in another topic:
Originally Posted by Raze
Larian wasn't trying to forcibly change anyone's keys to Steam. Most people wanted Steam keys. Rather than revoke all the keys as planned and re-issue the majority of keys as Steam, Larian decided it would be better to have the alpha/beta keys become the full version by default, and let people who wished revoke the keys to get GOG keys. Unfortunately, that meant the Vault website had to be updated to support that. I think Larian was hoping to get that done today, but it is getting a little late in Belgium...

Edit: also, look on the bright side, people - by the time we get our GOG keys, game will be patched and stable! No crashes etc \o/

Last edited by Wrshp of BAAAH; 01/07/14 11:41 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I'm not quite sure why they don't just allow backers to get the game on both platforms. They paid for the game; it would still be validated with the same email address. The likelihood of folks who have it on one platform buying it again to have it on the other platform is probably pretty slim, so I don't think they would be losing money by doing this. And it would appease the frustrated folks that are waiting for their GOG keys.

stranger
stranger
Wanted to play with my spouse, but I made the mistake to try it briefly on Steam, so now all we can do is wait. Yeah, we can wait, but it was supposed to be the release day, so it was a bit sad to discover this.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon now.

R
RtM Offline
R
Hey dont worry. I have mine on Steam and still cant get past a 10 min session without it crashing so you arent missing anything party

sad

stranger
stranger
Heh, it is kind* of you trying to comfort us with your suffering. hahaha

* Or, er, something. horsey

Yeah, it'll be here when it's here, just got eager to play when they posted that KS update. silence

W
stranger
stranger
W
Honestly, I just want to hear from anyone at Larian. Radio silence isn't doing them any favours and people are voicing their dissatisfaction in greater numbers with passage of time. A simple: "We're on it, no worries," now and then could go a long way to calm down the masses.

Hell, I *know* Larian is working on getting us the keys AND fixing the bugs at the same time, it only makes sense that they'd be doing that. But even with all the rationalization on my part I'd feel a lot better hearing from Larian again. When it comes to being emotionally invested in a big project like this one, rationale sometimes doesn't cut it, apparently... smile

Again, I don't mind the wait and I understand they have a mountain of work to do and a really small team to do it with. I'm not writing this because I would be angry, I'm not yelling in caps lock that I DEMANDZ VIDYAGAEM NAO HURR DURR or anything like that. I'm simply worried, because Larian Studios seem to be shooting themselves in the foot with this lack of communication and I'm not sure they see it that way. A lot less people might be pissed off, if we only heard from someone smile

old hand
old hand
There's been some complications but they are being sorted out. We really hope that we can get the Steam to GOG key transformation out of the door today. Players who didn't use their Steam key can already play via GOG.

W
stranger
stranger
W
See, I can't explain why this is so, but just reading the above text makes me feel good and calm. Well, not calm, I'm still excited for the game after all... :P Thanks for the reply!

Last edited by Wrshp of BAAAH; 02/07/14 11:03 AM.
stranger
stranger
Yes, thank you for the reply, it helps. Still eager to play indeed! wave

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Players who didn't use their Steam key can already play via GOG.

Only Windows players who speak english can play at the moment...
Mac users have to wait a few days. Translations files are not available yet.

old hand
old hand
Thought I would post this here, taken from the Kickstarter comments:

Originally Posted by Larian
We definitely haven't forgotten about it and are busy with it. The problem here was that we needed to align three constellations but that's almost done. Everybody who didn't use their Steam key can already get their GOG version, and everybody who used their Steam key can already play via Steam. The only problem left on this front is the transition. But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.

This is good to hear. I know some of us were afraid that if we started playing the official Steam release by using the code provided on the Larian vault, we might get completely locked in and be unable to redeem our GOG key later. This gives us the green light to continue playing on Steam as we did in the alpha/beta and still change it to GOG when available.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
I
stranger
stranger
I
"Players who didn't use their Steam key can already play via GOG."
How exactly though? What's the magic formula here that I'm missing???

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Inazuma
"Players who didn't use their Steam key can already play via GOG."
How exactly though? What's the magic formula here that I'm missing???

He meant Kickstarter backers, specifically. Kickstarter backers that chose GOG for their digital distribution and never played the alpha/beta release, have been able to download and play the GOG version.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
I
stranger
stranger
I
I backed the Kickstarter for the 95$ tier. Now what...?

stranger
stranger
You have to log in to your LarianVault account, then follow the indications to redeem your GOG code.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Real time update: my profile just got updated and I have a new message; "This Steam key can be destroyed". Let's see where we go from here, finally... laugh

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Inazuma
Real time update: my profile just got updated and I have a new message; "This Steam key can be destroyed". Let's see where we go from here, finally... laugh
Can you please keep us updated? Nothing has changed in my Larian Vault so far. frown

Edit: Now I also got the message

"Divinity: Original Sin Digital
Delivered (STEAM)
Key: XXXX
This Steam key can be destroyed."

So now we need to learn how to destroy it.

Last edited by Piran Jade; 02/07/14 01:01 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard