Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I think I must have missed something fundamentally here...

I kinda "skipped" the mines a bit and.. well, you know how it goes, killing spider queens here, and cultists there...

so.. they are immortal and kill you with 3 hits... what am I supposed to do here?

I unlocked the mining office and got into a shuffle with the inhabitants there, which sort of ended up with everyone dead (goblins et al). I killed the necromancer totem and the cultists there too and got the temple password (Not quite sure what temple they mean though)

So basically everything left in this mine is the death knights... and I would really like to walk about without them.. how?

O
stranger
stranger
O
Rumour has it that there's plenty of parts in the game that you need to walk away from, and come back later when you're bigger and tougher and the older kids can't push you around anymore.

eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Figured I might as well do the White Witch quest first.. something else I apparently skipped. Wonder if this brings me any closer to being able to kill void enemies though.. since my homestead is kinda under attack right now ;p

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
If you already destroyed the Bone Totem in the mines, you must have missed your characters reaction.

They say that with the Totem destroyed, the Necromencers should have lost their control upon the miners.

You should go talk to those miners smile

Tips : Go back to the mines entrance

eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yeah I talked to them, they talked and what not then they all died... but I am stumped what to do after that. I did this quest really badly out of order it seems (I was even so far as to fight in the Forest, which triggered the homestead attack ~.~) when I remembered that I completely forgot the mines and the white witch to boot.

Basically, because I did things so out of order, I am not really sure where to go and what to do now.

I really need a idiot proof hint here. Even if it involves "Do White Witch quest first"

(but then, where the heavens is the cave of that mage?) I just killed the fungus around the forcefield so meh, but my confusion increased ,P

Also funnily I am level 15, makes the battles in there a bit easier, thankfully. But it also means I must have missed a real huge part of the game when I skipped mines and white witch (apparently the entire fairy land)

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 03/07/14 12:45 AM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yeah still didn't do the Witch ... Unable to find the scroll-that-destroy-the-barrier thing ...

For the miners, they tell you the password to open the big gate South-East in the mines (To the east of the second encampment of Immaculates).

Don't know if you remember but the password begins by a "S" (can't remember the rest though, it was answer nï½°4 i think).

S
stranger
stranger
S
I was putting them all in jail, not exactly sure how i was gonna progress beyond that point tho.

Was just hoping it would buy me enough time to figure out how to deal with them :P

[Linked Image]

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
What an awesome idea ! x)

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
How did you manage to destroy the bone totem in the mines? All of the paths to it seem to be blocked off for me.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
What is blocking your way are destructible Cave-in, just Ctrl-Clic your way through smile

eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Woah.. that is a really huge feat you managed there. But that can't possibly be the intended solution? Or can it? How many dozens of times have you died there?

The scroll that destroys the barrier... yeah. Haven't found that either, and I really looked. Funnily the fight against the fungi can be very dangerous if you have elemental weapons, just a heads-up. I actually died there (once) ;p

This doesn't seem like the intended solutions to EITHER quests though. Putting them in jail is something I contemplated... untl I saw how far they can run and how far my mage can run, and seriously.. my mage can tank, but he can't tank 3 attacks doing 250 dmg ;P

It's all very embarassing, I did not run through the game in a "In a hurry" mode at all... but I skipped the mines because I saw these knights and the white witch because I didn't want to kill the fungi.. and I literally completely everything else there, and found solutions to neither... stumped

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
The walkthrough of the mines is as follow :
Destroy Totem -> Talk to Miners -> Slip through the Death knight to the big door at the extreme South-East -> Talk to the door and give it the password learned from the Miners

Make sure to do every side quest / fight before going through the door.
The Mines seems to automaticaly Cave-in at the end, so you won't be able to kill/talk to anyone in there.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
D'oh! rolleyes

Thanks for that tip, sir. I assumed the cave-ins weren't selectable, or were made out of the same material Ornate Chests are, thus making them invulnerable.

Also, I agree about the White Witch quest not directing you terribly well. I wound up doing tons of higher-level stuff before I wound up getting annoyed and retracing my steps.

For everyone looking for a cave to find the barrier scroll, spoilers:

STOP looking for a cave. The scroll can be found on the heavily trapped hill right next to the drunk goblin area. It's in a hidden, buried chest at the top.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Woot, thanks a lot, I never would have searched there ... Already looted the chest and all ...
I got it all wrong, I was trying to pass through the Troll King Cave ... Well I suppose that that's what goes next anyway ...

Last edited by Deyve; 03/07/14 01:34 AM.
eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Oh wow.. then the dialog should seriously stop talking about a cave ~.~ that confused the hell out of me...

Well so I will try to run to that door then.. I scouted around and didn't actually find it before though... so yeah ;p

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Oh, quick tip: Careful on how you destroy the bone totem. Apparently you can one-shot the area with so much damage that the quest doesn't update. First time I did it, all the miners were still enchanted, but the totem was gone. -_-

re LockeMurdock's spoiler .. anyone know what perception level you need to see this? I'm at 9 and walked all over without spotting it.

eRe4s3r Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok.. I guess I can amend some things to this topic (since I started it) before going to bed

1) That scroll remains mystery to me as well, I got per 9 and don't see a digging place (which is why I completely missed this?)

2) Mines... OK everything got clearer after I found that door, completely MISSED it before, after some crazy sneaking... still missing her blood though. Gonna assume that involves later quest, either way, mines blown up. But... I am still confused... the log said "ancient magic" can kill them, so I guess they mean the spell I have now with her blood... well gee! Could have mentioned that in your log-book mr. dead immaculate dude in the mines ;p

3) The White Witch... that area is easy* after you figure out the barrier... and I rescued her after a nifty boss battle which was FAR easier when you outlevel the boss by 3 and have teneberium weapons..., now I have doubts whether I broke some quest by being this far ahead.. let's hope not... wink I think I have been everywhere in Lucca forest except the area thats on fire and has void creatures ~.~ (I wonder if that spell can then kill THEM as well?)

So basically, I still don't know how to kill void creatures to end a rain of fireballs in my homestead (good news, now it actually heals me half the time ,p) ~.~

Originally Posted by eRe4s3r

1) That scroll remains mystery to me as well, I got per 9 and don't see a digging place (which is why I completely missed this?)

3) The White Witch... that area is easy* after you figure out the barrier

so did you just dig until you found it?

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Hm. I don't think I had anything too crazy back then. Most like anywhere from 9 to 11 in PER. I do recall that I read a piece of paper that was sitting on top of a box before my character spotted the mound, but I'm not 100% if they're linked or if it was just odd timing.

If you see a wooden crate with a note on top of it, read the note. That may trigger it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard