Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by huber
those anyone know if this site is reliable?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1039/view/reviews/load/332/page/1

btw - there was a talk of day one patch in this thread, but i didn't see any patches for this game.

There was a ~1GiB patch on release that contained the extra voice recordings, possibly some last minute fixes and I assume a bunch of backer rewards (pets etc)

On the subject of no reviews: iirc they did release press copies of Dragon Commander to the press before they stopped working on the game, resulting in lower scores than the game might otherwise have had, I don't think they wanted a repeat of that.

I'm expecting a bunch of the famous Youtubers to make reviews, istr Angry Joe, TB and some others were rather interested in the game but afaiu at least Angry Joe finishes games before he puts up reviews so it might be a while yet before a D:OS one shows up... wink

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

btw - there was a talk of day one patch in this thread, but i didn't see any patches for this game.

There was a ~1GiB patch on release that contained the extra voice recordings, possibly some last minute fixes and I assume a bunch of backer rewards (pets etc)

On the subject of no reviews: iirc they did release press copies of Dragon Commander to the press before they stopped working on the game, resulting in lower scores than the game might otherwise have had, I don't think they wanted a repeat of that.

I'm expecting a bunch of the famous Youtubers to make reviews, istr Angry Joe, TB and some others were rather interested in the game but afaiu at least Angry Joe finishes games before he puts up reviews so it might be a while yet before a D:OS one shows up... wink

But when?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

But when?

If you didn't have the beta installed you'll never have noticed as it would have been included in your regular download smile

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
veteran
veteran
This is a 80-100 hours game easily. Reviewers got their final code not before Monday (two days ago). A usual work day has 8 hours maximum and most reviewers probably don't spend more than 5-6 hours a day on the game.

Do the maths... wink

WOOS
I was a bit surprised too that I didn't find a test on Gamestar.de till now, but I'm happy because the game is better with every single patch and I'm sure the testers will appreciate this in the scores.

edit: and now there is something really fresh:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/divinity-original-sin/artikel/divinity_origial_sin,48271,3057510.html

However no score yet, but soon. hehe

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Endre
I was a bit surprised too that I didn't find a test on Gamestar.de till now, but I'm happy because the game is better with every single patch and I'm sure the testers will appreciate this in the scores.

edit: and now there is something really fresh:
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/divinity-original-sin/artikel/divinity_origial_sin,48271,3057510.html

However no score yet, but soon. hehe

Well, this preview/"Ersteindruck" was pretty crappy imo. I don't expect much from Gamestar after reading this...

Really, the doesn't know how to use fighters/tanks in combat? A good tank is essential for combat and puts out maximum damage easily. Whirlwind is probably one of the best skills you could ever use in "early game"...

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
This is a 80-100 hours game easily. Reviewers got their final code not before Monday (two days ago). A usual work day has 8 hours maximum and most reviewers probably don't spend more than 5-6 hours a day on the game.

Do the maths... wink

Exactly. A review right now would hold no more information than a preview.

A
A
to say "its to soon" is simply not true. most games that get Released will have reviews ready the day of the Release(some of them sooner). the developer usually gives a copy of the game several days before the launch so thy will have time to play it and write and Release a review in the intended Release date. apparently larian studio choose not to do that for some odd reason and its a shame, a good review will go a long way in helping the sales of the game.

here is an example from another "small and unknown" rpg game that had plenty pf reviews on the release day:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/critic-reviews

anybody can disagree that if a game this huge can have reviews ready on Release day there is no excuse for other rgp games not to have them?

Ask yourself the simple question: If you have sold quite a substantial amount of units already via kickstarter and early access, would you delay the release of the game for about 4 weeks, so that reviewers can test your release version of the game?

If reviews are important for you, you have to wait, if not you can buy now. It really is that simple, and as there are quite a lot early access impressions from all major review sites you can chose to read them too, if you prefer an quick review over a more detailed one.

I fully agree with Apocalypse, if you are interested in this game, why not to try it?
Imo I don't check on review-s or tests too much, since their opinion is only one of a million. They are people also with their own taste of things, I don't want them to tell me if I'm allowed to love a game or not. Better not to check on them and make my own opinion. Except of course if a game is a large mount of crap, but this is not that case. laugh

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
not a review - First Impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc62B8OCPLc

Last edited by huber; 03/07/14 05:40 AM.
veteran
veteran
metacritic is very positive.

H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
metacritic has only one review as of now, not the best way to announce its "very positive".

Should've been obvious that he likely meant user reviews.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I find very little marketing (I.e. Written Hype) on this game on the major review sites. Maybe this is too niche? With that trend you might not find reviews for a while

It's not for everyone but I find D:OS amazingly fun.

Last edited by Songbird; 03/07/14 06:24 AM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

old hand
old hand
I guess they are all lost in Cysael, probably stuck trying to get out of gates and dying horribly?

The few maybe trying to do it properly and actually play atleast a big piece of the game before they write their "reviews"?

I did write a small "Hypeless review" of the beta, but im not the "media" and i dont want to write a full review until ive actually played the whole game. Although, it seems to me that besides various smaller improvements the Cysael section is pretty much the same as in the beta.

So i wont need to change much there. Only maybe add some details to it eventually.

Great to see its the tope selling game on steam all these days though.
smile

Deserves it.

- Hey, you all remember that blog post from Swen worrying so much about how to present the game to media properly?

Doesnt seem to have mattered in the end.

And i told you so. :P

A
A
Originally Posted by Elwyn

I like how they ignored that 20% discount fromt the steam summer sale when calculating the revenue. ;-)

M
stranger
stranger
M
It's not the like the game is done selling. I still see it continuing on at #1 on Steam smile

A
A
Here my personal first impression: The game is pure awesome. And my wife plays her Scarlett as a very mad person, which than again leads to awesome RP moments.

Have I mentioned that the game is pure awesome?
What is not pure awesome is the quality of the cloth map. Neither cloth nor printing reach the quality to make it a desirable object, which is a shame, because the idea is very sound, but the execution make it not as good as even the simple poster. I would not have mind to pay a little more and get a little more. The rest of the collectors goodies are great.

old hand
old hand
It's 2014, wtf do we need named reviews when you have a metric ton of regular people chiming in and many movies and streams?

Just watched Angry Joe, at his rate it will be 2015 before he can review this game as finished.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard