Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey Guys from Larian,

after ten years of sadness you started a new era of deep computergames. Thank you so much for that.

I am quite sensitive when it comes to usability in games. There are some (I guess) smaller things I would love to see chanced.

II. Opening chests etc. is one major element of D:OS :hihi:
Closing them is what is tedious. I know there are shortcuts, but at times I like to use the mouse only. Manually moving the mouse to the cross every time is "a pain in the axx" hehe
Why not simply close them just by using the right mouse button (that should not interfere with the context menu, should it?)

III. another really important point on my list is: dont take away my control of the game!
I would like to see an option for disabling all forced, automated camera jumps/movements. I really dont like moving back the camera every time I finish on of the turns of my guys, when I am already in a perfect camera spot.
-------
IV. While constantly having more than 30 frames (40 most of the time, Vsync off), moving the camera results in stuttering. Why is that so? Any way to improve that sometime in the future? (i5 2500k, 8 GB, SSD, ATI 6870er)
All these things could be optional, if they are even realistically realizable

Again, I love you Larian for your passion with Divinity!

Edit: Larian, where are you? Its already 43 minutes ago that I wrote this. Give me a sign!
Swen, dont you see the greatness of my suggestions? claphands

Last edited by Schopenhauer; 03/07/14 07:10 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
you can open 10000000 chests without ever closing them. They close automatically once you leave their vicinity. run up to chests, open all, loot what you want, proceed to next set of chests ... repeast

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello,
You can press space , your player will take all the things from the chest and close it.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey!

I know that. But its not always helpful, dont you think? Sometimes the window of one chest is covering the next object you want to open. Just using the right mouse button would be more convenient then moving away and/or closing manually.

Of course it is not completely off, the way it is handled, but it could be better in a more consistant way. I think hehe

Edit: Do you always take everything there is out of chests? AND: Sometimes I like to be lazy and just use the mouse only.
But you guys are right, there are already plenty of options, just not the one most convenient, I think hehe

apart from that - the other things I find more important

Last edited by Schopenhauer; 02/07/14 08:00 AM.
Support
Support

You can right click on a container's UI to close it (anywhere but the inventory slots).

old hand
old hand
Well the two changes I would like to see is full rotation (or at least greater rotation - isn't there a user hack to add this ?) and faster run speed (or easier to tell them guys to git moving).

Support
Support

You can enable full rotation in the 'Game' section of the options (near the bottom).

old hand
old hand
Regarding stuttering, you might want to not use the games vsynch option (which I know you have off at this time) but your game cards control panel. If under 60 fps, you can use the adaptive 30 if you have a NVidia. I'm not sure what AMD has. Test out some different things.

Typically I use the cards vsynch because it does a better job. In many isometrics even when there is not stuttering and using in game vsynch, when moving/panning the landscape I get a "refresh wave", it's not tearing like a FPS but it's like a pulse wave of sorts often enough. Using HW vsynch takes that away and makes a solid screen for me throughout. Good luck.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks guys, you defiantly know more about the game then me.

I am going to test some chances with the ati catalyst control center. I thought others might experience similar stuttering while scrolling despite having decent FPS.

Any thoughts on the zoom level and the automated camera that jumps after finishing the turn of one of youre player characters? Is no one else bothered by that?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Schopenhauer
I thought others might experience similar stuttering while scrolling despite having decent FPS.

Yes. Most of the time I get around 60 FPS, but even then moving the camera causes stuttering. Vsync enabled, i5 2500 with a Radeon HD 7850. I'm trying the hardware Vsync now smile

Edit: Hardware Vsync doesn't affect the game at all. ô.o

Last edited by oxxgen; 02/07/14 08:17 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Thanks guys, you defiantly know more about the game then me.

I am going to test some chances with the ati catalyst control center. I thought others might experience similar stuttering while scrolling despite having decent FPS.

Any thoughts on the zoom level and the automated camera that jumps after finishing the turn of one of your player characters? Is no one else bothered by that?

I am extremely bothered by it. I have poor eyesight and have to relocate my camera and or zoom back in after each attack or movement. I have asked previously, and came back just now to ask again. Can we please get an option to disable the camera jumping around and changing zoom level during combat.

While I'm here, I will also say I enjoyed watching the game progress with each update, and after seeing the finished product I'm very pleased to have supported it.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So the stuttering is not a Ati issue. Good to know. How comes stuttering while having good FPS??

@anwe: Did you get any response/reaction to the camera thing?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by anwe
I have asked previously, and came back just now to ask again. Can we please get an option to disable the camera jumping around and changing zoom level during combat.

Absolutely! Rather frustrating to keep fighting the camera while I'm fighting the enemy. Not a deal-beaker, by any means, but it is definitely annoying.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Jumpy camera bothers me as well..

But guys, what bothers me even more than the annoying camera, is that I have more spells than fit on 3 tabs on the hotbar.. I need 5 tabs, at least! And a hotkey to switch em (Yes, I really need all of them ,p)

stranger
stranger
How comes stuttering while having good FPS??

Every object you see (and depending on the engine objects you don't see, too) has to be loaded into the memory and then needs to be rendered with shadows and all. I'm really no expert, but isn't it called streaming? Anyways, not fast enough streaming is the reason that causes stuttering despite having good fps. I'm playing on a SSD though, so I wonder how it happens that things can't be loaded fast enough. CPU is an i5 2500, GPU is a Radeon HD 7850 2GB. Perhaps it's an engine limitation thing.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
We do have relatively similar grafic cards... Maybe there is a connection?

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hey!

Did the patch reduce your stuttering (due to texture streaming)?
[double Post; sorry!]

Last edited by Schopenhauer; 06/07/14 02:16 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard