Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Just a quick suggestion for a future patch. Playing a giant, hulking rogue seems a little silly to me. Can we get a few different body sizes and types to choose from?

If this is in the wrong section of the forums, sorry about that.

EDIT: Also, there has to be a way to do a better job with the portraits. I know it's probably impossible to have a portrait for every facial combination, but as it stands right now, most heads you can make look nothing like any of the portraits. This leads to the anal among us (me) to tailor my head to the portraits, which drastically cuts down on creativity.

Maybe the portraits could become dynamic? It could change color/style as you switch them? Or even pull a Neverwinter Nights 2 and forget portraits altogether in favor of little 3D heads.

If Dragon Age Origins could manage this back in the mid 2000s, Larian can do it! smile

Last edited by stethnorun; 04/07/14 04:17 AM.
veteran
veteran
This request comes up often, but people should understand that every piece of equipment (for males) is scaled to the current male body size. It's not simply a case of creating a new body type and having all the current equipment magically slim down to the new size.

In other words, this is an enormous amount of work.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Granted. It's still something that probably should have been in the game from the start. Most RPGs have a few races in addition to body resizing. We aren't even talking extra races with this game.

Yes, I know it's a kickstarted game and I know I'm asking for quite a bit of work for, essentially, a pseudo-indie game. But I'm still asking smile

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Added another suggestion to the original thread.

veteran
veteran
I'd be more than willing to add more races, if the framework allows it.

apprentice
apprentice
I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to add in some extra portraits. Like how you could plop some portraits into a folder in Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Assuming you change to right file type and size.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Katreyn
I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to add in some extra portraits. Like how you could plop some portraits into a folder in Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Assuming you change to right file type and size.

If just adding more portraits is the only way, I'll take it. But there are much better, and more dynamic, ways of making sure the picture looks like the 3D model. I was actually kind of shocked when I saw this game using the portrait system. I was sure they had been considered obsolete long ago.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
I'd be more than willing to add more races, if the framework allows it.

I mean, sure, if we're gathering together a wish-list. But making scalable human bodies (or hell, even just a binary toggle of "small" and "big") seems much more attainable, especially if this feature would simply be added in a patch.

New races seems like something that would have to be reserved for an expansion or DLC.

Last edited by stethnorun; 04/07/14 08:35 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I wonder though. Anyone think it would be possible to like 'reskin' a player model as a unique game model. Ie. Change a player model to look like, for lack of spoilers, the green lady. I'm guessing it could be possible with some effort.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Yea more body models. I would like to request for a built model for Scarlett because it's ridiculous that every girl in the game are size 1 with double DD boobs and it's especially ridiculous when you are using her as a warrior #RealBodyTypes #ObjectifiedFantasyBodyTypesSuck

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Songbird
Yea more body models. I would like to request for a built model for Scarlett because it's ridiculous that every girl in the game are size 1 with double DD boobs and it's especially ridiculous when you are using her as a warrior #RealBodyTypes #ObjectifiedFantasyBodyTypesSuck

As much as I usually recoil from the knee-jerk feminist talking points...I have to agree. Sexy body works for a charming rogue, but not for a warrior. Not at all.

Still, I think the men have it worse. I can stretch my imagination to envision a woman who looks like that is able to swing a sword (okay, maybe not a 2-hander). But the giant beast of a man being a scroll-studying wizard or a nimble rogue...I just can't see it.

Last edited by stethnorun; 04/07/14 10:31 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard