Hello, I was trying to create a simple mod that uses a set of custom portraits for the players and replaced the mage robe designs with cloth armor designs (have my mages in civilian clothes instead of baggy robes).

Since the editor does not allow the import of custom assets yet I was content to create a simple mod that overrides the default portraits and robe meshes. However this is not currently possible: the Main module is given absolute priority over mods in regards to textures and meshes. In the game's current state none of the default textures/meshes can be overwritten using mods: they always default to the Main module versions.

I've tested moving data pack priorities in my mods and altering a few of lsb files regarding armor to see if the meshes could be altered that way. Neither worked. The only thing that did work was manually extracting all the main and texture pak resources, deleting the pak files, then modifying the Main modules assets in extracted form frown (hardly a clean method to say the least).

Please fix this so mods have priority over the main module regarding textures and meshes. Cosmetic mods are one of the best things about moddable games smile

Last edited by MrEsturk; 04/07/14 03:35 AM.