Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I have the GOG version of D:OS (finally! :-D), where do I access the Toolkit there?
Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm not sure if they give the toolkit directly with the game.
It is released separately on Steam, no idea if they release it on GOG. On Steam it is released as a free tool, it is available for everyone.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Hmmm... In the kickstarter description they said "We're shipping a very powerful RPG editor with the game: the same one we are using to build the game." I think I misunderstood that and thought that the Toolkit actually came with the game.

I looked in Steam under Library - Tools and it's not there for me. :-(

veteran
veteran
look under the T: The Divinity Engine

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
It is not there. Really. It isn't. Looks like only those backers who opted for a Steam version can see and use it as of yet.

But GOG just announced that they'll also have it there, so no worries. hehe

Last edited by Piran Jade; 03/07/14 03:27 PM.
G
G
It's there now Piran Jade, just go to steam then if you go hover over the library you'll see a tools tab. Click that and then select The Divinity Engine

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Garod
It's there now Piran Jade, just go to steam then if you go hover over the library you'll see a tools tab. Click that and then select The Divinity Engine

He has the GOG version, not the Steam version. I don't believe the editor will show up in Steam for people who do not own a Steam copy of D:OS.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Garod

i found it thanks to this. for the steam version follow Garod (quoted here). it is on there you just have to look for it. i wish that it was more clear on how to find it because this is the only post on the whole internet that even looks at this issue. THANK YOU i was about to give up on this thankyou

Last edited by Twilight Demon; 04/07/14 07:38 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
I did all of that and it says it is "not available", There is a lot that say they are not installed, but this one says it is not available, is it a windows only thing? Every place I look it seems to imply it is for mac and windows.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Never mind I finally found this post.. http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=505790

It should be on the main page when you buy the game that you can not use the engine.. It was one major reasons I bought it.

V
stranger
stranger
V
As a dragon level kickstarter I was able to get a digital copy of the game from GOG. They also have the PDF manual, art work, design notes, etc., but (as of today) no toolkit. For those of use who do not have a STEAM account, is there a way to get the toolkit?

Also, can someone tell me if we can add our own 3D models with collision. If so, what format?

Link Copied to Clipboard