Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Tried it, nothing happened ... But as I said, what is the new item that is supposed to appear ?

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Originally Posted by LockeMurdock
Did you wear the Royal Guard Amulet and stand in the center of the grate in the treasure room? That's supposed to give you the new item. I think you had to stand there for a while, though.

Exactly so. The item (Winter Ring) then appears in your pack.

Last edited by Aramintai; 03/07/14 07:48 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Right, 10 seconds on the grate with the amulet on did give me the ring.

It's as useless as the amulet though ... Those item are seriously lackluster, worse than the ones I get from Cyseal...

Last edited by Deyve; 03/07/14 07:54 PM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Heh, I managed to get back my amulet and got the ring.

...And yeah, for an item that was supposed to spark a war between elements, that ring is pretty lousy. XD

L
stranger
stranger
L
Can someone give me a hint on how to solve this statue puzzle to open the chest near the well? I got into the treasure room, but can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do to get that chest opened.

Last edited by Lateraliss; 03/07/14 11:14 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Can't help you here, apart from telling you to blast the chest, there isn't any penalty for it ...

It seems that each Sentinel is bound to a pressure plate, so I suppose that turning every Sentinel green by activating all 4 pressure plate is enough ... I'm not sure though.

E
stranger
stranger
E
u have to split up your 4 characters.
Then put 1 on the right first plate, it should say "hmm that did something to the right". If it doesnt, start on the other side smile
Then 1 char on the first plate on the other side. Then put 1 char in sneak mode and put him on the 2nde plate, where u first started. (Note that u have to sneak on the plate when the statue isnt looking, then it shuts down). Then repeat for the fourth and last plate.

And that should do it smile

E
stranger
stranger
E
(sry for double post)

Maybe slightly unrelated:
But outside (south) of the castle there is a teleporter who takes u to a room with a statue+chest (easily looted), and a second chest locked behind bars in lava.

Anyone managed to get to that 2nd chest?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Earawen
Maybe slightly unrelated:
But outside (south) of the castle there is a teleporter who takes u to a room with a statue+chest (easily looted), and a second chest locked behind bars in lava.

Anyone managed to get to that 2nd chest?

I managed to reach that chest by clearing the lava with Tornado (an Aerotheurge spell) and teleporting past the bars with Cloak and Dagger (a Scoundrel ability), though I imagine any ability that makes you "drop down" somewhere would work for this.

Last edited by Aravan; 04/07/14 11:13 AM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Feather Fall can get you through the gate, too. I had a party member with 140% Fire resist, so lava just heals her for thousands of HP. She just walked right on over. laugh

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
teleporting the chest to a point outside the lava room works quite well...

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
for the pressure plates/statues, go grab the 4 treasure chests that are nearby (two to the right of where you enter the area with the statues, one in an immaculate camp to the left, and one in the second ice prison (with the guy who likes to gut people).

have your strongest character pick those up, go invisible (surely you have a few inivs potions or spells by now), and simply drop the chests on the pressure plates.

done.

but... they made the chest this opens so weak you can bust it by blowing on it hard so there is little point to the effort in the end.

they should have made the chest indestructible as well as unpickable.

addict
addict
FULL GUIDE!
Divinity: Original Sin - King Boreas Treasure Guide - Getting Past Lava Guide - Hiberheim Castle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AzUn4P4ZNk

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard