Page 1 of 2 1 2
#508012 04/07/14 10:04 AM
B
brus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Laraian Studio did great job with this game.
What is their future project?

I'm loving this RPG like Dark souls.

brus #508016 04/07/14 10:07 AM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Don't know future plans but looking forward to finding out!
Reminds me of Baldurs Gate and agree with you about it being a great game smile

brus #508018 04/07/14 10:09 AM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I'm hoping for a lot of DLC and a huge expansion pack for this game, great as it is. Maybe DLC with more skillbooks and stuff like that?

brus #508031 04/07/14 10:27 AM
stranger
stranger
I was going to create my own thread praising the game but as you have done it here already.

Great Game guys!!

My only regret is I didn't hear about the game until recently so I couldn't get any of the Kickstarter goodies frown That said I am still loving the depth and customisation of this game, there seems sooo much content to plough through.

Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd op Julie succes allemaal! (sorry for my poor Dutch!)

[Insert witty signature here]
brus #508032 04/07/14 10:28 AM
B
brus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
We need more games like this and Deamon and Darks souls.

brus #508033 04/07/14 10:30 AM
stranger
stranger
Ye I agree, I got my first taste with Larian Studios with Divine Divinity II and loved it. It's rare to find a studio these days that understand what a good rpg is all about. smile

brus #508037 04/07/14 10:34 AM
B
brus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Well, I didn't quite like DD II but this is something fresh and old school the same time.

brus #508045 04/07/14 10:43 AM
stranger
stranger
Ye it feels very much like the ones i used to play like Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate and so on. it also reminds me a lot of the old tabletop version of D&D I used to play back in the 70's and80's laugh

Just off topic for sec, do you guys know how to dismiss a companion from your party?

brus #508054 04/07/14 10:59 AM
stranger
stranger
Hey Guys, this is a really really big job you have done with Divine Divinity Original Sin.
I just want to say: It is like I slept obout 10 Years with good gaming and now I feel like I felt when I played games like Divine Divinty, Ultima, Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights and such.
First I feard there will be no more game feelings like the games i listed above (after all) and I feard taht I will be dissapointed once more about a sequel/prequel of a game once i loved to play (Divine Divinity). Because the Game-Studios novadays seem to take title of once great games and only mess arround with them...

But I am very suprised and satisfied with Divinity Original Sin, and I want to thank you so much for this game, its just a Game worthy to be (or maybe better than) the prequel of onather game.
There is so much I want to thank you for, the Ispmetric Graph-Engine (and not first person 3d), the story and lot seemingly lot affords in creating the Items/Gameobjects with superb descriptions and so on.

I think I can say with no doubt, this is the best game in last 10 Years I'have seen so far.
I was so bored about games with the same gameplay and no innovation at all, yeah one click to kill next monster till you are so bored and walk to the next game with same options at all smile

Again, thank you Larian Studios for such a great game, it is really worth to spend hours and hours without going to be bored. Just like in good old days...

Last edited by WWWanderer; 04/07/14 11:15 AM.
brus #508056 04/07/14 11:02 AM
B
brus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Could you make a game similar to Dark souls in your engine ?
Do devs read this forum?

Last edited by brus; 04/07/14 11:04 AM.
brus #508060 04/07/14 11:10 AM
stranger
stranger
You could try using the 'contact us' link to communicate more directly with them perhaps?

brus #508073 04/07/14 11:28 AM
stranger
stranger
The better question for me is: Will there be complete-localizations (Texts and Sounds&Videos) of Divinity Original Sin? Because this was the only annoying thing for me, for example read in German but the voices are english, it is hard to concentrate, so actually I decided to play the complete english version of the game. smile

For the moment I even dont think about playing another game than D:OS smile
I think it will consume little time before I want to play another game than that. smile
My, I have waited so long time for a Game like this, and i am so sorry that I cant explain my feelings better (because of my bad english)

Last edited by WWWanderer; 04/07/14 11:29 AM.
brus #508082 04/07/14 11:34 AM
B
brus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I thinks it is better to have quality game than many language support. Too much work for them.
That way I have learned english quite well.

Last edited by brus; 04/07/14 11:37 AM.
brus #508093 04/07/14 11:48 AM
stranger
stranger
Me too smile
I just wonder about publishers, there are games out there, even not worth to look at it, and are translated in each and every language you can imagine, and then (however smile ) there are really great games and arent well supported in localizations.
Well, I have no problem even to play a great game in english, I just wonder.
I also played nearly every Ultima-Game, Wizardry, Wizard&Warriors, AD&D/SSI-Games like Pool of Radiance and so on in english, but I just wonder why.

Last edited by WWWanderer; 04/07/14 11:48 AM.
brus #508261 04/07/14 02:56 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by brus
Laraian Studio did great job with this game.
What is their future project?

I'm loving this RPG like Dark souls.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for: D:OS 2.

If not another like Divinity DKS, I enjoyed that.

If not some type of Simulator Game. Sewing Simulator, have we had that yet?

Now if they want to work this like a MMO in some ways, then they can just keep building on D:OS to essentially make it what D:OS 2 would be. For that they have to figure out how that revenue stream would work. Keep selling $10-$20 dollar expansions with a Campaign? That way they can keep programming and patching the engine for everyone for free. I'm for that to, but it will take the player base to be large enough to pay for it.

brus #508265 04/07/14 03:02 PM
old hand
old hand
I already said for the beta: great game for sure! But I'll give it a couple of weeks time for Larian to patch it to (almost) perfection. I fear if I would start now that I could end up in loose ends or savegame incompatiblity.

brus #508266 04/07/14 03:03 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Very happy with this game. Bought into the early access on a strong hunch, gut feeling, after some RPS reviews that this was going to be the adventure I was craving. I was so right! Sometimes your gut instinct is the right one. Then again at the same time I bought this my gut instinct told me I might enjoy Dark Souls II. I was so wrong. I was so bored. D:OS beat the other game out because it had a story and a reason for doing things which the other lacked. I hope a lot of people buy this and Larian keep making games like this one. If they do I'll be a loyal customer for years to come!

brus #508280 04/07/14 03:12 PM
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Big game companies want to make money. They can afford localization because they have the resources and desire to distribute to as many places and people as possible to make more money. However they don't like risk or niche titles because why gamble when you are guaranteed profit from the next call of warfare 9? They impose hard deadlines and they are willing to forgo quality and features to meet those deadlines. Because they have several franchises under their belt, each game is just another project to them.

Indie studios like Larian want to make money too, but because they release fewer titles, each product is more personal for the studio. they have pride in their work and thus care more about the quality. This comes at the cost of limited distributing resources which unfortunately includes localization. Translators cost money to hire, good translators top dollars, voice actors in each language cost money, good voice actors even more $$$.

Since Larian used kicked starter to fund the project, they do not have the $$$ like the big publishers and must prioritize what to spend in. I

Songbird #508292 04/07/14 03:24 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Songbird
However they don't like risk or niche titles because why gamble when you are guaranteed profit from the next call of warfare 9?

While i agree with you mostly, i do feel that a slight trend-changing is happening nowadays with some of the Big companies, mostly driven by the sucess of kickstarter and games like Star Citizen, D:OS, Tides of Nu...(something), even minecraft, etc.

I believe that the success of this kind of "niche" games have raised some eyebrows and made some people in high places think "hum... pleasing niches and communities might not be so bad after all..." especialy since the mainstream stuff is geting older and "retro" is again going as the trend.

One example of this is Bioware with making the new dragon age inquisition, they finaly seem to have listened to fans and gone away with the mainstream easy crap from before and started to understand that fan power is very important to a company.

On this topic at hand, this game is wonderful. smile

Last edited by KnightPT; 04/07/14 03:25 PM.
KnightPT #508310 04/07/14 03:35 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by KnightPT
I believe that the success of this kind of "niche" games have raised some eyebrows and made some people in high places think "hum... pleasing niches and communities might not be so bad after all..."

Yeah I'd like to kick those people in the teeth (really just a good tongue lashing), as this is basically what happens. They get us the core, we spend big and we are loyal.

But hey look over there, that grass... it's so green, must get over there. Well there is a price for that, to get there you have to change, so they change, now they aren't as desirable to their original followers.

Then when done with their newest group, they see another patch of green grass. Each iteration they lose more and more of the original group, the group that will throw $1000's a year at the industry to ultimately find out their latest huge green pasture only likes the most fashionable games, impossible to predict success since it's fashion and they want it for as close to FREE as possible.

So what they get is this huge finicky crowd that doesn't want to spend much at all on gaming vs the in the bag hobbyists. So when devs break from the big houses, they only need the smaller hobbiest group since their costs are much lower and they get to go back to making what they love to make.

The End.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard