Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
So I beat it. It was amazingly immersive, haven't been that into a game non-stop since Dragon Age: Origins. The puzzles were annoying most of the time, but overall what a great game.

So my thing is... after you beat the game watch the Credits.. that's it huh? Can't even see the loot I got from end game bosses =(

R
RtM Offline
R
Lol ...maybe try sleeping?

Last edited by RtM; 03/07/14 09:52 PM.
old hand
old hand
Kyos, what were your thoughts on the Mega-Dungeon and about how many hours did you have in it?

Pretty sure you go back and do the content you skipped :P

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Kyos, what were your thoughts on the Mega-Dungeon and about how many hours did you have in it?

I was stuck for the longest time, took me taking break after break to be like.. oh OHHHHHHHH I get it. I'm not a huge puzzle guy so. Prob like 1hl 30 min rofl.

I mega cheesed in Combat though with 2H warrior hyrbid witch, with Ranger hybrid pois. So good.

Originally Posted by Horrorscope

I think I actually only missed a couple of quest at the end, mainly caused I used certain items on myself rather than help people sometimes (you know it depends).

Plus... you can't "go back" with your characters once you beat the game...

Last edited by KyosukeDei; 03/07/14 10:15 PM.

addict
addict
Sheesh, I've barely left Cyseal, and people are already talking about having finished it? Don't you people sleep! suspicion

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Jito463
Sheesh, I've barely left Cyseal, and people are already talking about having finished it? Don't you people sleep! suspicion

I look at this as a huge plus games been out 3 days and just now they are coming in. Most games it would have been the next day.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 03/07/14 10:55 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by KyosukeDei
I was stuck for the longest time, took me taking break after break to be like.. oh OHHHHHHHH I get it. I'm not a huge puzzle guy so. Prob like 1hl 30 min rofl.

Oh, I was thinking the dungeon was going to be much larger, that was my bad, but the vid looked epic.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 03/07/14 11:35 PM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I just wish they wouldn't let you keep playing somehow... it's sort of pointless to give you loot at the final bosses when you can't even well see what you get ><"

veteran
veteran
Learn the editor and make your own adventure (or wait for someone else to make one). Play through the main campaign again a different way. Play a different game. Do something else. All viable options. wink

old hand
old hand
Question: What level did your characters make it to?

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
I got to Level 21, though all items only drop up to level 20.

BTW 2H scythe weapon with Tene, is literally the greatest thing ever.

I did Hybrid Warrior/Wiz and was able to get good stats, with Ranger as my main utility CC.

BTW if yo guys didn't know there are books in the game that let you TRADE stats off.
EXAMPLE: book that gives you One STR in exchange for LOSING one DEX or CON etc.

Last edited by KyosukeDei; 04/07/14 06:31 PM.

E
stranger
stranger
E
What is your total playtime to finish the game?

By the way, playing the game again with different char, or not cheesy char could be nice smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KyosukeDei
I got to Level 21, though all items only drop up to level 20.

BTW 2H scythe weapon with Tene, is literally the greatest thing ever.

I did Hybrid Warrior/Wiz and was able to get good stats, with Ranger as my main utility CC.

BTW if yo guys didn't know there are books in the game that let you TRADE stats off.
EXAMPLE: book that gives you One STR in exchange for LOSING one DEX or CON etc.

What kind of STR/INT/DEX requirements were you running into on level 20 gear?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I'm nowhere near endgame, but I've still found a small handful of Level 20 items (due to a few oddball drop areas that drop incorrectly scaled gear). Level 20 Plate Armor and Shields appear to require 14-15 Strength, and a Level 20 Dagger that I found requires 14 Dexterity.

From that, I'm going to guess that most item requirements will cap out at about 15.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Fully completed the game this morning. It sure feels like they set things up to add in some expansions and the like. I'd love to see a whole new campaign full of brand new skills. Maybe even some new interactions by adding a whole class of magic or something.

I adore this game. Just wish it had another 100 hours to it for me to lose myself in. laugh

I believe I plugged in about... hmm... 45 hours, made it to level 21, and completed all of the quests. (At least, I know I did. The quest tracker disagrees with me sometimes. XD)

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
At the rate I'm going, it'll be days if not weeks before I beat the game. I'm very OCD with games like this, and although I've already sunk thirty hours into the game since it launched earlier this week, much of that time has been spent trying to craft a party I'm perfectly happy with playing. I've already started twice, logged in 5-10 hours, and then promptly scrapped that run-through to start over with something new. :P

Now, though, I'm at least trying to stick with my third party. It's an effort, though, because every time I find a bit of loot I can't use (in this case daggers, because I have no dedicated rogue), the little voice in the back of my brain tries to convince me how much cooler my party would be with a backstabbing, smoke cloud tossing, achilles-tendon slicing ninja running as pointman (as opposed to my current sword-and-boarding knight).

enthusiast
enthusiast
So since I am now officially also "finished" with the game (not 100%, but I reserve this for a later stage when I play again, this time with perception maxed ;p)

time to finish: 40 hours (I consciously skipped pet-pal related quests for my 2nd playthrough) and Steam says I am missing 30 achievements (but then, I think it counted some stuff wrongly, and I also made it my goal to wipe all immaculates from the maps, yes, every single one of them is dead in my game (least the ones I could find ,p))
level at end: 21 but actually close to 22

I just want to say, what an immensely awesome game. I played RPG's since the 90ies and since BG2 I haven't experienced such a ride in an RPG.... the story is Interesting and the ending is good. The puzzles were some real brain-benders though... been a long time an RPG made me make notes. I needed some help from the forum but aside that, It was an absolute blast.

Obviously I backed the game back when, and I don't regret it one bit. This is by far the first KS game that releases that didn't just make me happy, but that make me ecstatic that I did not skip it...

Divinity: Original sin stands alone next to BG2 and Torment (for now) but it has something over these games, and that's the combat system. Yeah it has some balance problems, but combat is simply FUN. No engagement in this game is unfair if you use your brain, and something like that wasn't in an RPG since BG2.

So..

Thank you Larian for making this game, and for delivering one of the best role playing games in recent history. Now it's time for editor....

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
You can easily find greens that add lots of +1 to 2-3 different attributes. I was able to equip my hybrid Battlemage type with full yellows and max essence stacks with a bitching 2H Scythe.

Was able to get 20 STR, 15 Dex, 20 Int, 14 Con, 17 Speed, 18 Perception. Weapon Damage Unbuffed was 989max, with buff to 1,987 max, with 49% crit Chance, over 100% Resist in all Categories, but Tenebruim was was at 50%

My Ranger, Utility Character only had half Yellows, but was able to get only about 8 Str, but 22 Dex, with 18 Speed, and 18 Perception.

I found that a lot of my End game gear had that +1 Perception or +1 Con and i usually choose Perception since i was able to get so much resist I just healed on everything.

Pots were useful in some fights though when something just walked up to you and slapped you hard, or weakness you. But overall easy.

I just want to be able to do some stuff with my Characters I finished the game with, but you can't so... gotta wait I guess.

Link Copied to Clipboard