Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
The location of the combat log window never stays put. Seems to reset its position back to default even when doing a quicksave, although it does keep its size.

Is there any workaround for now?

Last edited by Fireblade; 05/07/14 01:11 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Registered specifically to complain about this. It is extremely annoying because the default position takes up a fair bit of clickable screen space.

It resets after any loading screen, after a quick save, and after an autosave.

Support
Support

The location only resets if it is partly off screen, or below the level of the skill bar.

M
stranger
stranger
M
i would like it to stay below the skill bar =(

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Raze
below the level of the skill bar.

Well that's pretty unfortunate, since it really belongs below the skill bar.

I keep putting this down to the right hand corner out of the way as it usually takes up half of my screen, and it's annoying to have to keep doing this all of the time. It can't be that hard for the game to remember it's new position.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Fireblade
Originally Posted by Raze
below the level of the skill bar.

Well that's pretty unfortunate, since it really belongs below the skill bar.

Yeah they need to disable screen snap. Both windows tuck perfectly in the bottom of their respective corners if the bottom is off the screen, but it resets sadly.

OP Offline
In addition to the position, the size resets sometimes too. Haven't yet identified exactly when. Modified thread title to reflect it.

stranger
stranger
I'd just like to state my agreement - having to move the window after every load (and, indeed, after every save!) is supremely annoying.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes, the chat and message windows get a reset due game-saving on my 1920x1080 resolution when their bottom side gets about lower than the eyes of the hotbar's char portrait.
It looks like the invisible safety border to prevent windows getting lost on the screen edges is not optimally set there; at least not for 1920x1080.
I would gladly move and keep chat and message windows right to the bottom of the screen too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would like to chip in on this one. Please fix this. Super annoying.

stranger
stranger
Oh Larian, please, remove this annoying code that resets the position of the log and chat, you could just add some kind of reset button in options. Right now it's, as stated above, supremely annoying to put them in place every minute after quicksave... Also you could add an option to make it possible to click through those winndows when they're locked.

Seek your own truth. Always.
stranger
stranger
It resets everytime for me. I put it right of the skillbar. smirk

journeyman
journeyman
Weighing in on this one. Incredibly irritating playing around this waste of screen space.

The whole UI needs some mod love.

J
jog Offline
stranger
stranger
J
Agreed.

I'd like to put the combat on the bottom right corner where it belongs, there is no reason to treat the skillbar as if it were the bottom of the screen, there is plenty of empty space left and right of it.

Just don't reset the window on save/reload. You can still reset the position if we turn the window off/on so we won't lose the window for good when we move it too far out of the screen.

Last edited by jog; 15/07/14 06:38 PM.
OP Offline
In the latest patch, it seems to no longer reset position.

But it still resets size when completely exiting/entering the game.

OP Offline
Perhaps I was wrong - it reset both its position and size on me today. The position reset seems to happen far, far less often than it used to though. They might both be only when exiting/re-entering the game at this point.

Last edited by Fireblade; 20/07/14 05:56 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard