Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
P
So, I've condensed the current version of ItemCombos down to its essentials. It needs to be cleaned up and formatted for wiki / forum viewing but here it is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_fs99UGk4Q_czRyMDRxb0lBdWM/edit?usp=sharing

Some observations:
- No recipe for creating Metal Scraps
- No recipe for creating Cloth Scraps
- It is possible to get Milk & Wool via Pet Pal which is not listed here. Milk = Bucket + Milk Cow. Wool = Sheep + Shears. The dialog options to harvest Milk & Wool do not appear unless you have the item in inventory.
- There are some bugs for Sharp Claws & Big Chicken Feet. See the notes in the file.
- Any modder making food will need to remember to create a normal version & a poisoned version for zombie players.
- You can make more backpacks!
- We can recycle weapons, but not armor. Sword & Axe recycling is lossless as long as you didn't boost it with an item, i.e., something other than an anvil or whetstone wheel.
- Crafting drops off after Level 3 (unless doing scrolls) and doesn't get good until Level 5.
- Level 5 versions of weapons & armor have nice bonuses.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
i just found out!!!

with

bow string = sinew + sinew

any bow + bow string = +bowdmg like wetstone with metalweapons

and it seems that the dmg is pushen by about 20% !

Last edited by Actionhanz; 05/07/14 07:42 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
So, I've condensed the current version of ItemCombos down to its essentials. It needs to be cleaned up and formatted for wiki / forum viewing but here it is.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_fs99UGk4Q_czRyMDRxb0lBdWM/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome! Thanks PatrickSJ!

P
P
No problem. One thing to keep in mind is that I didn't make names perfect, e.g., sometimes I say Poison Potion and sometimes I say Minor Poison Potion. Also, I just updated Essence - Shadow to Essence - Void & Blackrock to Tenebrium.

stranger
stranger
This is just a set of images. Can't you throw a text version? Or at least, tell us how you did extract the data?

Edit: Oh, okay, it's just the read only version from google doc. Sorry about that wink

Last edited by xrogaan; 05/07/14 08:46 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
So, I know this was already answered to a degree, but where do I get the Fiery Heart OTHER than the Enchantress in Cyceal? Because I'm on what we'd call Act 2 I guess? And I don't think her items change anymore.

P
P
Extract the data from Main.pak. Inside the unpacked files go to Public/Main/Stats/ItemCombos.xlsm

This has all of the data sheets I believe they used.

P
P
Originally Posted by Cencene
So, I know this was already answered to a degree, but where do I get the Fiery Heart OTHER than the Enchantress in Cyceal? Because I'm on what we'd call Act 2 I guess? And I don't think her items change anymore.

The Fiery Heart isn't a unique item?

stranger
stranger
The intestines are not in the sheet. Somebody know what they do?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Originally Posted by Cencene

The Fiery Heart isn't a unique item?

Fiery Heart is also sold in the tavern of Silverglen: small table in the center-ish, with 3 people seated. Most right one sometimes has it, left one has crafting items too. Middle guy sells only potions

veteran
veteran
Real Voodoo Doll (one time consumable, causes great piercing damage on any chosen enemy) | Wooden figure + needle + pixie dust

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 01:58 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Anyone know what to do with "Jushuas hot spice" (crafting ingredient, can be bought from Alchemist in death temple?

journeyman
journeyman
Where can you get sinew?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mesmerizedish
Where can you get sinew?

I've found one or two pieces in containers. I have no idea how to make them from other ingredients.

WOOS
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Sinew's drop from creatues like wolves, i dont know if any animal drops it, but wolves usually, you can try and check the butcher on the cysael market, sometimes he has animal ingredients

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
ALso:

Plate Armor = Metal Scraps + Hammer ( blacksmithing skill )

veteran
veteran
Anyone knows how to craft anything with Mysterious Fabric Dye?

It's a black dye flask which you can buy in Silverglen later in the game for 4000 gold with the following description:

"A magical, mysterious dye that can turn mere cloth scrapes into something...out of this world."

I've tried to combine it with cloth scrapes, leather armor, robes, sarons but nothing worked (with crafting on level 5 of course).

Any ideas or is this a bug?

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 04:53 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
More recipies (from the kickstarter backer edition):

Potion (resist all) | fire resistance potion + earth resistance potion
Scale armour | metal scraps + mail armour
Antler helmet | leather cap + magic antler
Crossbow Stock and Limb | Wooden branch + steel bar
Functional crossbow | Crossbow Stock and Limb + bowstring

It's also worth to mention that you can add multiple essences to armours or sarongs. Crafting on level 5 is really, really powerful because you can stack resistances multiple times.

Also the resistances per craft depend on the basic quality of the armour/sarong. Normal/not magical armour only gets 5% resistance when combined with an essence but a rare armour gets 15% and rare robes even 20% per essence. I'm not sure, but I think it's limited at 35% (per resistance category) for rare/magical armour and 40% for rare/magical robes.

Similar is true for weapons. You can for example combine a weapon with a Tenebrium bar and you can combine it with a tormented soul. That way you can craft really powerful weapons...

So think about investing some point in crafting. It's really valuable once you've reached level 5. The downsize is that most really cool stuff isn't available before level 5 so you need to invest a lot of points in the skill.. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 04:28 PM.

WOOS
T
T
As I have both blacksmithing 5 and crafting 5 I want to point out that superior sword is not steel bar + furnace.

Steel bar + furnace doesn't do anything.

Superior Sword is just the level 5 blacksmithing version of the sword when combining iron bar with an anvil.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I hope you guys don't mind me asking a few noob questions, the crafting in DOS is kinda confusing to me.

1. Are metal 1H/2H Axe & Sword the only items in game that can be disenchanted/broken down? Every other loot is meant to be NPC'ed for gold?

2. Also, for Boost/Enchancing of crafted Armor and Weapons, the stats that you get are random?
I tried crafting multiple 1H and 2H swords, they all come out with different stats like for example some had +8% Crit Chance only while others had +1 Str only and there were those that had no accompanying stats but have way higher Base Dmg. Those with stats had very low Base Dmg but can be sharpened at whetstone to boost dmg by a little(still lose out to the no stats crafts though) but those with no stats cannot be boosted. I've yet to get a crafted wep that has multiple stats like Crit + Str.

3. Pls correct me if im wrong here but only chest armor pieces can be boosted right?(using anvil or mobile cooking). Glove, belt, boots, helm can only be upgraded in item quality i.e. from white to blue or + resist.

4. To make the armor magical i.e blue, green, yellow quality or to add resist i will need to use armor/leather/cloth scraps and essence etc?

The difference between the different types of upgrading confuses me greatly lol. Appreciate your help!!!

Last edited by ImariKurumi; 05/07/14 05:32 PM.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard