Next Thread
Print Thread
#505267 02/07/14 05:48 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I just killed that spark master robot. And it created a ton of smoke shrouding all the items on the ground. Is there a way to clear this out? Do I need higher perception to see things through this?

It's weird how the smoke stays instead of clearing away as it should. I think it's either a bug or a oversight.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
apprentice
apprentice
Had the same "problem" while fighting the (mini-)boss at the lighthouse. I made the oil barrels explode, and a thick black smoke hovered over the burning oil, causing me to lose line-of-sight with the enemies.

I used this to my advance though, by making the enemies come to me instead of charging in blind. By the time they reached me, my ranger and mage would have had plenty of opportunity to whittle down the enemy's health, and my two warriors could easily finish them off.

As soon as the fight was over, the smoke cleared.

I think it forces you to be mindful of your surroundings/enemies, and try to find ways to use these elements to your advantage. I like that the game "punishes" (if you know what I mean) you for rushing into combat. I've had to reload earlier saves on many occasions because I accidentaly blew up something, killing half of my party.

Ke se marei gola
The problem is that the smoke I have come across so far doesn't clear. It stays there.

D2ED + More D2ED + A happy ending = A winner
apprentice
apprentice
Even after combat ends? If you got Jahan in your party, try and see if his spells help in removing the smoke (try the "rain" one).

Ke se marei gola
M
MJ1 Offline
stranger
stranger
M
I had the same issue. Smoke would persist even after battle. I broke a water barrel in the smoke and it cleared the smoke. Hope that helps.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
One of the best utility spells in the game is Tornado, which removes ALL ground/air effects. It even gets rid of *lava.*

I recommend slotting it into someone the moment you get the book. If you find a scroll, turn that bad boy into a spellbook immediately. It's so useful.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RiptoR
Had the same "problem" while fighting the (mini-)boss at the lighthouse. I made the oil barrels explode, and a thick black smoke hovered over the burning oil, causing me to lose line-of-sight with the enemies.

I used this to my advance though, by making the enemies come to me instead of charging in blind. By the time they reached me, my ranger and mage would have had plenty of opportunity to whittle down the enemy's health, and my two warriors could easily finish them off.

I think it forces you to be mindful of your surroundings/enemies, and try to find ways to use these elements to your advantage. I like that the game "punishes" (if you know what I mean) you for rushing into combat. I've had to reload earlier saves on many occasions because I accidentaly blew up something, killing half of my party.

Say, are your enemies could see you through smoke? Because in my case, they can shoot me even if the smoke screen up. At the same time i can't target them with spells or arrows. Looks like it's not quite right smile

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Nebioz
Originally Posted by RiptoR

Say, are your enemies could see you through smoke? Because in my case, they can shoot me even if the smoke screen up. At the same time i can't target them with spells or arrows. Looks like it's not quite right smile

No, they couldn't target me when the smoke was up.

Ke se marei gola

Link Copied to Clipboard