Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
When can skills and attributes be increased? Per level what points do you get?

Also, when can I increase my Craftsman to level 2? I've gotten to level four and want to increase my Ranger's crafting so she can make the better arrows, but it's not letting me increase it. Why? I have a point to spend, but there is just no option to increase it so I have to waste the point on something I don't want. frown

veteran
veteran
You need two skill point to increase your skill to level two (three for level three and so on). You have to wait for the next level-up if you don't have enough points to stend. Later in the game you get 2 skills points per level up... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 04:06 PM.

WOOS
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I think you start getting two skills points per level around level 6.

S
stranger
stranger
S
To increase to skill level 2, you need to use 2 skill points, skill level 3 will cost 3 skill points, and so on. You get 1 skill point to allocate each time you level up for Lvls 2-5, from Lvl 6-10 you get 2 skill points to allocate and Lvl11+ gets you 3 points. (quoted from some GAF post)

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well CRAP. I've already wasted the point. Does it say anywhere in the game that you need two points to increase? Can't believe I missed that but that's pretty important.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
About the skills.. When you rank up lets say Burning Touch from the fire tree, do extra ranks in Conflagration increase anything about the skill?

Damage, cooldown, status percentages, Anything?

Or does it only increase the amount of spells you can have as a max and certain talents?

veteran
veteran
It's mentioned in the loading screen tooltips and implied in the manual when it mentions saving up points. You can also see it during character creation if you mouse over the + sign next to the ability; it tells you how many points it takes to increase it (1, 2, etc).

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Well CRAP. I've already wasted the point. Does it say anywhere in the game that you need two points to increase? Can't believe I missed that but that's pretty important.

One point isn't a huge deal. You'll get more. wink

WOOS
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Yes, mate, get over it. It's not a minmax experience, it's a roleplaying game. If you care that much, go back a few saves, if not, you diversified your character with a new talent. Nothing to weep about!

Link Copied to Clipboard