Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#505707 02/07/14 03:27 PM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hey guys, me and my friend are playing in coop and we have a little problem: when my friend are talking to NPC, I cant see the dialogue options,I only can see what he already said in chat, and it is extremely uncomfortable especially in cities where other NPCs are talking and you cant read shit.
I there any option that will allow both players to be in conversation?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Been hearing about this on these forums and on the steam forums.

It sounds like a huge oversight, as it works now one of the co-op players will loose out a lot of the story.

I really hope this will be fixed soon, because I really wanna play this in co-op.

H
stranger
stranger
H
you can filter the chat on the right by clickining on the symols on top - maybe its enough.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by NyanOverlord
Hey guys, me and my friend are playing in coop and we have a little problem: when my friend are talking to NPC, I cant see the dialogue options,I only can see what he already said in chat, and it is extremely uncomfortable especially in cities where other NPCs are talking and you cant read shit.
I there any option that will allow both players to be in conversation?

Nope, dialogue for co-op in this game is a huge mess. Not sure how they released it like this and didn't foresee it as a problem.

Also not having the option to view your friends inventory is a pain as well.

Last edited by perfectblue; 02/07/14 04:00 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by hydraxos
you can filter the chat on the right by clickining on the symols on top - maybe its enough.

No its not, there are not enough filter options. If you are in a town for example if your friend is having an important discussion with an NPC and your trying to read along, the chat box will be littered with random NPCs talking.

Even if you go back and read through the messy chat window, or your journal it does not show your friends questions that he asked the npc, only the npcs answers.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Filter in chat isnt helping, you cant separate dialogs with NPC from other NPCs replies.
And especially it is huge pain for people like me, with not perfect English (takes some time to read and properly understand some dialogs).
Me and my friend are dissapointed as fuck about this. Oh well, time to solo play then!
And sorry for my English again.

Last edited by NyanOverlord; 02/07/14 04:00 PM.
old hand
old hand
We'll implement a solution for this soon.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I know it is no solution but why not use voicechat in steam ?
I "tell" my coop partner what is happening/if I give him loot/where I am etc etc

I agree the dialogue should show up for both during the conversation and afterwards in the log.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Yeah, we are speaking on Skype with each other while playing, but there is so many dialogs in-game, and I'd like to read them too, not just listening what my friend is saying to me.
Originally Posted by Lar_q

Thanks!

I
stranger
stranger
I
Thank you very much! This issue with coop dialogue bothers me as well.

old hand
old hand

Gracias!

stranger
stranger
Good to hear this is being worked on, as it stands my wife flat out refuse to play ^^

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Norsa
Good to hear this is being worked on, as it stands my wife flat out refuse to play ^^

I am sitting here with my GF sitting next to me, who doesn't want to continue playing until this is fixed, hence we used the search to find this thread laugh

Last edited by boe2; 04/07/14 09:08 PM.
old hand
old hand
Wait until the you know what hits the you know what at Swen's house! smile

stranger
stranger
That's good news ! I understand that both playable characters should be close to the character speaking to be aware of the conversation but even if they are, it is difficult to follow : the lines keep coming too fast and there is too much text.

Plus, my friend and I don't always know what the other one said.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by boe2
Originally Posted by Norsa

I am sitting here with my GF sitting next to me, who doesn't want to continue playing until this is fixed, hence we used the search to find this thread laugh

Exactly same scenario here at home with the wife. It was very disappointing when we realized we wouldnï½´t be able to play the way we both expected to when following the story.

Glad to hear it being addressed. smile

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Press L on your keyboard and go to the Dialogue tab. You can follow along with your partner's conversation without all the random chatter cluttering things up.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by lolwut77
Press L on your keyboard and go to the Dialogue tab. You can follow along with your partner's conversation without all the random chatter cluttering things up.

Here is my Horrorscope's Half-Assed but very Quick Feature solution tip of the day!

Make a new Hotkey that takes us right into this dialog screen.

AND

When a player goes into conversation, on the other Coop players screen, simply state in some manner like in the middle of the screen: "Conversation Started by Partner: Press X to follow along." And have it auto-exit when the dialog is over.

That would be a possible good way to get something going fast, vs a possible fairly sized overall to the dialog system.

------------------

Another easy one (Sorry to just whip out the word easy to devs):

In the Dialog Chat the bottom right. Get rid of NPC Chatter or make a new section that has that and Coop Dialog separate. And in that Coop Dialog make sure both the Players and NPC's responses show.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 05/07/14 07:23 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
What's currently missing in dialogue is the ability to see what chat options your partner has -you can work around the other issues with L. In any event, dealing with dialogue currently in co-op, is very awkward.

stranger
stranger
Very hard to play in co-op due to the dialogue. Had hoped it would have the dialogue window pop up for both of us and allow us to both choose dialogue (perhaps as a sort of coin toss).

The fact that dialogue gets chucked in the bottom-right window or being forced to use the "L" workaround seriously breaks the sense of immersion for us.

So... we've ended up playing the game we've been waiting so eagerly to co-op... solo frown

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard